Two Types of Hugs

Stained Glass

 

 

 

“Hyung...” Taehyung blankly said, gulping.

 

Hoseok had his hands in his pockets and he was leaning against the door frame shyly. Inhee didn't know what to say, or what to think. She couldn't process how his clothes were really, really flattering on him or how his jet black hair made him look so much more handsome or how even though she saw him in the afternoon, it was like as if he just came back from a year long hibernation.

 

She stumbled back from shock, Taehyung grabbing her arms to steady her.

 

“H-hoseok,” Inhee's attention was completely on him now.

 

Taehyung made a tight lipped frown and hated how that name coming from made him feel so pained.

 

“I—I'm gonna leave,” Taehyung barely said loud enough, but the two of them watched him leave without saying another word.

 

Hoseok's gaze kept low, only making eye contact for a few seconds.

 

“Wh-where were you!” she yelled, letting her frustrations come out again. “I was wondering where you were the whole day!”

 

He carefully looked up at the angry girl, saying, “Aren't you mad at me?”

 

“N-no!” she cried out. “I'm the one who's sorry! I shouldn't have yelled at you, and actually, I shouldn't even be yelling now but I was really thinking about why you weren't here! I was confused and I was angry at first, but then I was afraid and I was worri—” Inhee stopped her sentence, catching herself almost saying the word 'worried'. Was she worried about him?

 

Hoseok walked up to her at last, coming within a foot right in front of her. His eyes seemed to be glistening, “You were worried?”


She blushed and mumbled, “I just wanted to apologize to you.”


“Aww, that's it?” he joked a little.

 

She pouted angrily at him and he responded, “No, Inhee, I am so sorry. That was being so thoughtless about what you were going through.”

 

“You were so sorry you ran away?”

 

“Actually, I wanted to do something for you after what happened. Like the whole locker thing,” he said. “But um...I saw you, though. Dancing with Taehyung.”

 

Inhee's eyes widened. She didn't want to have Hoseok see this; she felt like she was going to die of embarrassment again.

 

“I'm guessing you're okay now then?” he said, the tiniest bit of bitterness in his tone.

 

“Ah...” she fiddled with her fingers. “I am. But...you...I'm sorry.”

 

He heaved a sigh and held her chin up to look in her eyes. “Stop apologizing, okay?” He smiled gently, before opening her hands up and dropping something in.

 

It was a thin, golden chain necklace with a shiny, iridescent shard of glass. Stained glass.

 

Inhee looked at him, confused. He only took it and opened the clasp, then turned her around. As she stared at the mirror and Hoseok putting the necklace on her, she couldn't believe what was happening to her. How did this end up happening?

 

“There,” he said, looking into the mirror as well. “Isn't it pretty?”

 

“Is...this what you wanted to do?” she asked, hoping the lights didn't illuminate her reddened cheeks too much.

 

“Mhm. Because...this is a good reminder, right? Of what I think you are,” he laughed, his hands on her shoulders.

 

Inhee smiled and turned around, “Is this stained glass?”

 

“Yeah. You're stained glass to me. So whatever anyone else has to say doesn't matter. Just think of the necklace and know there's at least one person who doesn't look right through you.”


“Hoseok—” she choked up, bringing her hand to block her face, tears just rolling down her face. She cried so many times today, it was unbelievable. Her entire life right now was almost unbelievable.

 

“Inhee, can—can I hug you?”

 

Inhee's sobbing silenced for a bit and gave a quick nod, Hoseok bringing her into his arms and wrapping around her tightly. With her face buried against Hoseok's sweater, she cried more intensely, the cotton soaking her tears and muffling the sounds.

 

“Shh...” Hoseok cooed. “Cry all you want.”

 

Minutes passed by as Inhee carefully recovered from everything. Staring down at the gleaming accessory around her neck, she smiled to herself.

 

“Where did you find this?” she asked.

 

“I...kind of made it?” he replied. Inhee's eyes widened. She didn't know Hoseok was creative, too. “Ah—I mean, I didn't make make it, but I bought the chain and that glass piece and I just made a hole in it and put the chain through and just you know...I made it into a necklace.”

 

Hoseok scratched the back of his neck shyly, Inhee grinning at his (cute) reaction. “Thank you, Hoseok.”

 

“No problem,” he said. “It's more than enough that you like it.”

 

“Oh, Hoseok, by the way...” Inhee glanced at him. “I think...I'll probably join a group.”

 

Hoseok's eyes widened, “Really? How come all of a sudden? Did Taehyung have something...to do with it?”


“Well...seeing now both of you know I like dancing...I don't think it's very fair to just hide it like this.”

 

“Inhee...”


She looked at Hoseok, trying to find some sort of approval in his eyes. She instantly felt relieved with he flashed a smile.

 

“I can't believe this is happening!” he stated, excitedly. “Progress!”

 

“W-what progress?!”


“You! You're one step closer to being like me!”


Inhee joked, “I don't want to be you! Stop! I'm going home!”


 

“Okay okay, you don't have to be like— hey! Wait for me! I'll take you home! It's too dark out now!” Hoseok shouted before chasing after the girl.

 

 

_____________________________________

 

That night bothered Taehyung to no ends. It stretched on long into the next day, as he'd space out in middle of class remembering what happened.

 

Dancing with Inhee. Their hands were intertwined and Taehyung could remember how sweet her hair smelled. He wanted to gag at how disgustingly cheesy he was feeling, and he wanted to rip his heart out because it would hurt so much whenever Hoseok would pop up in the picture.

 

“ARGH,” Taehyung slammed his head on the desk, causing the teacher to look at him weirdly and the entire class turned to stare at him.

 

“Sorry...” he mumbled, before leaning his face back on the desk.

 

During lunch break, he was in no mood to move nor eat. He figured that Jungkook and Jimin would probably go find him, as he accustomed to eating with the two now. Occasionally, Jin would join them as well, if he wasn't too busy doing work even on break.

 

“Yah, Kim Taehyung,” a girl, who sat in front of him, tapped his desk. She had an assertive, low voice, which didn't annoy him as much he didn't like her attitude.

 

“What?” he groaned.

 

“How do you know that girl? Inhee?”

 

“What do you mean?” he sighed, hearing her name only brought him back to his memories.

 

“I'm asking...like...what's your relationship with her?”


“Mine...” he rambled, before slamming his hands on the table and sitting straight up. “Ahem, scratch that.”

 

“What?” she raised an eyebrow, Taehyung not knowing whether or not she even heard him clearly.

 

“My friend. She's my friend, that's all.”


She rolled her eyes, “Okay, but why?”

 

“What do you mean why?”

 

“Kim Taehyung are you stupid? Why would you...and all those other guys suddenly flock around her like yesterday at the lockers! What did she do to you guys? Hoseok too! He's always with her, for some frickin reason!” she complained.

 

“Excuse me,” Taehyung glared at her. “What are you trying to say? I can't make friends with someone? Do I have to know someone for years to consider them as a friend? We all think of her as a good person and a good friend, and that's all the reason you need to be around someone.”


He stood up and swung his backpack around his shoulder. Glaring once more at the girl, he stomped out of the room angrily.

 

It frustrated him that people disliked Inhee for no reason.

 

But also, it frustrated him that people see Inhee with Hoseok all the time. Although he was glad his hyung was there to look out for her—he kind of wished it was him who met her first.

 

 

 

 

 

He wasn't sure when or how, but Taehyung ended up in front of Inhee's classroom. He glanced in, and found there wasn't anyone inside, although they probably would have class now.

 

“Are you lost?” someone asked, a large, devilish smirk on their face.

 

“No,” Taehyung glanced at him for a second before turning around.

 

“Really? A 1st year has something to do in the 2nd year's classroom? Are you crushing on one of the noonas?” his tone was beyond annoying.

 

Taehyung turned back around and gave him the stalest expression, the corner of his lips twitching up.

 

“What? Am I right?”


“Who are you?”


The guy scoffed, “Can't you read?” He almost pointed to his name tag attached on the side of his blazer until Taehyung flicked his head towards the classroom, exclaiming, “Oh?”

 

The guy, distracted, turned his head towards that direction as well, allowing Taehyung to swipe the name out of the pocket.

 

“Yah!” the 2nd year growled.

 

Taehyung looked at it before looking back the elder, “Your name? Gullible.”

 

The 2nd year's eyes widened and he was too taken aback from the kid's snarky remark to come up with something good to retort with. Instead, he snatched his name tag back and gripped Taehyung's shirt, pulling him roughly.

 

“You...”


Taehyung stared blankly at the boy, not showing a glimpse of fear, which only pissed the 2nd year off more.

 

“T-tae—hyung?” a gentle voice called from behind the two.

 

The 2nd year let go of Taehyung and turned to see who it was.

 

“Inhee,” Taehyung mumbled under his breath.

 

Inhee clearly saw what was happening, and she didn't want to say anything else about it. Instead, she just asked, “What are you doing here? I don't think you'd have a class in this hall.”

 

“U-uh...”

 

The 2nd year male scoffed and rolled his eyes, “What a ing pu*sy. I'm leaving.”


He glared at Taehyung once more, saying, “Just so you know, I won't forget you. Or forgive you.” With that, he walked away, leaving the other two alone.

 

Taehyung honestly forgot why he was here in the first place, but he was somewhat glad to see Inhee's face. She seemed to be doing alright, so he smiled at her.

 

“Taehyung...what is this about?” she asked.

 

His smile disappeared, “What do you mean?”

 

“Do guys grab each other's shirt angrily as a way of saying hi now or something?” she was referring to the scene the two guys caused.

 

Taehyung stammered, “I...it's nothing. I don't even know him—he just started being hostile with me.”



She sighed, “I believe you...because it's true.”

 

Taehyung blinked at her silently before asking, “Is he hostile towards you, too?”

 

Inhee cleared and went inside the classroom, Taehyung following her inside. Inhee stopped at her desk. Taehyung saw the things written on hers—things similar to the locker incident. His heart broke seeing this stuff again; he thought he made an impact with those letters, but these things were still happening.

 

“After the locker thing,” she started. “People seem to be less afraid of me. And they got confident. He's just one of them, but it's whatever.”
Taehyung's knuckles were turning white from just thinking about the things Inhee must have gone through. Without a second thought, he wrapped his arms from behind her and held her tightly, his chin resting on her shoulder.

 

Inhee froze, not sure what to think or what to take out of his actions. “U-uh...”


“Why do they do this to you?”

 

 

______________________

firstly i apologize for some vulgar language idk i rarely use certain words i used in this chapter but yeh e__e (aka the censored word because i didnt want to make a chapter rated or the story rated)

also im sorry for the extreme fluffy cheesiness that just happened

kind of

oh and that i havent updated in a while so now i have a longer chapter here hehehhe

please do comment / sub / upvote though!! ^^