Has He Noticed Me Yet?

Dis·Interested

 

“Don’t you think it’s a little too early be hosting that kind of contest in the beginning of the year?” Luhan and Sehun said in unison. All the Student Council members, aside from Baekhyun, who was busy watching Chanyeol eat meat with the most blissful expression and Chanyeol, who was stuffing himself, looked at them and laughed together.

 

Suho and Chen, the Vice President’s secretary, basically, wiped imaginary tears away from their eyes. “That’s funny.” Chen commented. You two are funny.”

 

Xiumin, the council treasurer, calmed himself down before speaking up. “I hope you know this pageant earns us almost half of the profit we need for school activities like trips and all that good stuff.” Xiumin went back to organizing his books and mumbled out. “Sometimes I almost want to cry looking at how much bank we actually make from it.”

 

Sehun and Luhan eyed Xiumin. “How much?” They asked together.

 

Xiumin shakes his head. “Sorry, I can’t disclose that information to Representatives. You’re not high enough in the chain."

 

Luhan stuffed a kimbap into his mouth while Sehun continued to ask questions. “Why is it so popular though?”

 

Everyone grinned. Slightly a little wicked before directing it to the Student Council President. “Because Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo got up from his seat to pounce the unsuspecting male. Baekhyun cried out and whined. Kyungsoo was blocking his view of Chanyeol, who has done nothing but eat meat the whole meeting or discussion. It was more like a discussion.

 

“Plus, it’s a good icebreaker for the first years.” Suho flipped through his notebook and jotted something down before directing his angelic smile at Sehun, who choked on his tea in response. “I like keeping the students happy. Causes less trouble and therefore, studies go well, grades stay up and  we stay a prestigious school.”

 

 


 

Chanyeol yawns for the nth time that morning. Luhan and Sehun had barged into his room and dressed him quickly. Yelling about how late they were in helping with the student council project but by the time they arrived at school, all they could see in the massive schoolyard were workers of all sorts. The stage was complete but the wiring of speakers and system were still being worked on. The chairs were already in rows and all Chanyeol, Sehun and Luhan could do was sit in one corner and wait till everything was done.

The Student Council may sit around and sip tea but they didn’t mess around when it came to work. They watched as Suho ushered Baekhyun around to greet the workers, who were instantly charmed by the iridescent male. Well, Luhan and Sehun watched. Chanyeol dozed off.

 

When everything was done. Xiumin already had the checks written out for all the services and soon, the field was perfection. Suho clapped his hands together after inspection. “We’re done. The ad for the pageant will be played out today during our school news broadcast. We’re only accepting ten participants.”

 

“Only ten?!” Luhan gaped. “Is that enough?!”

 

Everyone paying attention laughed. Baekhyun was once again too preoccupied watching Chanyeol sleep. Casually sitting next to him, tilting his own head here and there to inspect Chanyeol’s face properly.

 

Suho waved a hand. “Chen, let’s go. We have to convince the major players.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

Luhan looked over at Sehun. “Is ten really enough?” The other gave a nod or a grunt of yes before disbanding, leaving Baekhyun and Chanyeol alone. It was kind of a bummer when Chanyeol woke up and got up without saying anything to Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun tried to call his name but ended up just laying on a row of chairs instead when Chanyeol failed to hear him. Is he so short that Chanyeol misses him from his line of sight?

 

 


 

The week was up and Baekhyun failed in every way to catch Chanyeol’s attention. Two of those days, Chanyeol was out of school for something important, according to Sehun and Luhan.

 

Baekhyun was currently backstage with the other males, getting into costume. He was feeling a bit  down because he wasn’t sure if Chanyeol was going to be here. Part relieved and sad, he slipped on his heels and let the high-low, ruby gown he was wearing cascade down as he stood up. Ren, his main rival but dear classmate, stood in the other side of the room, eyeing him with slight menace. This pageant was no joke to any of the ones participating. Baekhyun took it all in stride. He just thinks this is all fun and games.

 

The music started after they lined up. “Presenting to you, the contestants!” Chen’s voice announced.

 

 


 

Luhan couldn’t believe that almost all of the students showed up to watch this pageant. Even paid the slightly overpriced fee. Luhan didn’t know whether they were ers, dumb or just really, really into watching men strut around in dresses, which couldn’t possibly be all that- Luhan choked on his own spit when Ren marched. He thought he had recovered but it was useless. It was  all useless.

 

“Hey.” Chanyeol greeted, appearing next to Sehun. “Finally got my contacts. Now I can see proper. . .ly.” Chanyeol trailed off, losing his thought while he watched the most beautiful girl strut down to certain stage in the most elegant ruby dress. “Is- is this what this pageant was for?”

 

Luhan and Sehun nodded, mouth agape as they watched Baekhyun smile and blow a kiss towards the crowed that responded like the hoard of Baekhyun fans they were. Screaming proclamations of love and  marriage proposals.

 

“Who’s Baekhyun? Why are they screaming Baekhyun?” Chanyeol turned to Luhan and Sehun, who both waved him off. “She’s pretty.” Chanyeol mumbled to himself, keeping his eyes on the pretty lady in the ruby dress, the whole pageant.

 

Baekhyun won for the fourth consecutive year.

 

 


 

Chanyeol’s head was still swimming with images of the pretty lady in the ruby dress that he thought it was in his imagination when she tripped into his arms. Grand bouquet of flowers, smacking him in the face. “Oh god!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “I’m so sorry, my heels got stuck in the grass.”

 

Chen watched snickering from afar before he finally nudged Suho and pointed the two out. “Baekhyun’s making a move already.” Suho choked on his drink laughing.

 

Chanyeol’s dream was short lived as soon as Luhan and Sehun appeared out of nowhere to harass Baekhyun and touch him. Groping his chest and Sehun was about to reach for Baekhyun’s but Chanyeol smacked his hand away and scolded him, while hugging Baekhyun away from the two.

 

“Hey!” Sehun whined and rubbed his hand, which Chanyeol had hit. “That hurt. What’s your problem?”

 

Chanyeol placed Baekhyun behind him. “You were reaching for- you know.” Luhan rolled his eyes and pushed Chanyeol to the side.

 

“Baekhyun! You’re so pretty!” Luhan cupped the smaller males face. “I could just kiss you!” And Luhan almost did but Baekhyun bobbed down and dodged it, falling into Chanyeol’s arms again. “Okay, rejection hurts. I was about to turn for you. But message received.”

 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at Luhan. “Turn? But-”

 

“Baekhyun, it’s about time you change out of that dress.” Suho and Chen marched up to them. Chanyeol laying on the ground. Baekhyun sat up, to the position of straddling the taller male. “But I kind of like dressing up every now and then. Makes me feel pretty.”

 

“You’re very pretty with or without a dress.” Suho smiled.

 

“Preferably ." Kai, the Student Council Affairs Officer winked down at him.

 

Chanyeol was a little confused. Still confused about what Luhan had said about turning for Baekhyun. So he finally found his voice to ask. “What did Luhan mean by turning for Baekhyun?” Everyone looked down at him in question.

 

Chen fell over laughing. “Baekhyun is a guy.” Chanyeol’s gaze landed on Baekhyun, who nodded in agreement. Chen jumped for Baekhyun and forcefully forced the dresses top down. “All male.” Chen grins. Everyone ate up Baekhyun’s exposed milky skin. Including Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun yelped cutely and tried to cover his exposed torso.

“Senpai, please sleep with me.” Kai blurted out.

 

 


Author's Note

Well, he noticed him.

Shall it begin?