Chapter 6 - Job Back Plus a Little Shop

My Nerdy Tutor 2!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Job Back Plus a Little Shop

Jae Rin opened her eyes to the sun shining down on her. As she sat up from the bed she looked at her surroundings.

Where am I? She asked herself.

She wasn’t at home, she wasn’t at the bus stop, she was in the bus and she wasn’t at Mimi’s house so…where is she? Easy.

That’s right, I’m at The Nerd’s house, it’s been a whole year since I’ve been in here, she gently smiled to herself then quickly snapped out of her thoughts while slapping her cheeks.

You’re kidding me! I may like him, but I’m pretty sure I don’t like him that much!

As she finally got over that phase she just realised what part of the apartment she was sleeping in.

I’m in The Nerd’s bed…so then I’m in his room…wow it didn’t change much, still books on the floor, he’s gotten a new computer that’s new, oh god how am I supposed to get out of this room? There’s even more books near the door than there was last year! Jae Rin whined in her thoughts.

She lifted up the covers off her and slipped out of the bed, being cautious of the books on the ground. As she reached the stack of books piled on the door she signed and carefully jumped over them, but she didn’t jump high enough and fell face first to the ground.

“My reputation as a Queenka is slowly fading away,” she cried aloud.

As Jae Rin kept on crying L.joe was looking and slightly giggled to himself. Luckily Jae Rin didn’t notice; since she was too busy trying to stand up.

“Ow, ow, ow,” she complained.

“Are you done? I cooked pancakes,” L.joe called out.

While hearing that, Jae Rin blushed in embarrassment, oh no he saw me! She cried.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t see anything,” he added.

How’d he know?

“Because you’re obvious,” he replied.

No way! Jae Rin looked over to L.joe who started to stutter a bit because he’d just remembered that he spook out of line.

“S-s-somet-t-ime-s…not a-all t-he ti-me…I mean…yo-you’re not t-that ob-vious,” he stuttered.

This wanted to make Jae Rin giggle, but no. She couldn’t risk it, if she was obvious he would know and she doesn’t want that.

Jae Rin coughed before she stood up and walked gracefully over to the table and sat down in a lady-like manner.

L.joe couldn’t help but shake his head at Jae Rin. He finished making the pancakes and placed them down in the middle of the table, he also placed down two plate; one for him and one for Jae Rin.

“Eh hem,” coughed Jae Rin, waiting for L.joe to do something.

He looked up to her before he could begin eating. She had her arms crossed like she was waiting for something. He looked at her plate, which was empty, and back at her.

Right, right, I got it, he thought.

He stood up, took her plate and a fork and got the food for her. He just remembered that little miss Ice Queen doesn’t get her own food; she gets people to place it down for her.

“Here,” he said.

Silence covered the room and the only noise available was the noise of the forks hitting the plate, until L.joe decided to speak up.

“Since you’re going to live here again, you need to get your job back.”

“What? Why?!” she snapped.

L.joe jumped a bit. “Because I’m tutoring you and you need to pay half the rent and for the extra food,” he replied.

“Fine!” slamming her hands on the table, she stood up and walked over to her suitcase. She grabbed her clothes and walked over to the bathroom.

L.joe just watched her silently as she walked by. As he finished his food he went to his room to get changed too.

*~*~*

How far does she have to keep the distance between us? He whined while rolling his eyes.

L.joe and Jae Rin were out in the streets looking for a job, well not quite looking for a job, just looking for Angel Café, and as usual Jae Rin was about 7 metres away from L.joe – not wanting to be around a nerd in public.

You’ve got to be kidding me, he turned around to only see Jae Rin’s hair, and she was so far away that he couldn’t see her because of the crowd.

Ring, Ring, Ring

The pocket of L.joe’s sweater started ringing, it was his phone. He wondered who it was…was it Chunji? But he’s out of town, so than it must be Niel than, but when he looked at the caller ID, he had the you’ve-got-to-be-kidding look on his face again.

It was Jae Rin, and she was only 7 metres away from him.

“Yes my Queen,” he answered.

“Oh shut up, just where are we going?” Jae Rin replied through the phone.

L.joe sighed and turned around to try and find that Jae Rin was completely out of sight. He turned back to the front and kept on walking.

“We’re going to the Angel Café,” he replied.

Beep, beep, beep.

“She hung up on me,” L.joe sighed.

Once he reached Angel Café he stepped in to see the manager at the counter, he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter