Brother

Two moons, one sky

Friend: “Wow.. seems the same…”

Friend’s wife: “Yeah… nothing much changed.. ”

Me: “It’s beautiful.. ”

Friend: “I hope this time, we won’t stay inside because of the rain..”

Kai: “And whose fault was that? Coming here when you knew the weather news..”

 Friend: “Yah.. I didn’t mean to..”

Me: “Come on! Are we going to stay here all day?”

Kai: “What about the others?? Aren’t they coming?”

Friend: “Well.. D.O said they’ll arrive this evening, cause they’re waiting for some dude to join them.. Heard he’s returning from abroad..”

Kai: “I see.. let’s get inside to unpack.. It’s almost lunch time and I am starving..”

We took the luggages and entered the house, finding ourselves in the same place as 10 years ago. Everything was as we left it, not even one chair out of its place.. Kai and I went upstairs to the room where I had been staying back then..

I was now near the desk where I used to read the little notes, now long forgetten in a drawer near the bed.. I never took those back.. Why would I? It’s was only a way to keep torturing my already weak heart..

I wondered whether I would have the courage to read them again.. Would there be any reaction? Will I feel anything? Am I now strong enough to let this where it should be.. in the past?

Maybe this was my opportunity to finally get my heart cured, so that it will from now on start beating for Kai.. Maybe I just had to get back here once more, so I could bury the ashes of a lost love in the place where it once bloomed..

“Are you ok?”

I took my hand off the drawer, turning towards Kai.. He came near, taking me in his arms.. I looked at him, smiling.. Yes.. Everything was fine.. From now, everything should get better.. I should..

Kai: “I am going down..”

Me: “Wait..”

He turned back, looking at me with questionable eyes.. I got near him, kissing him on his cheek, after which I began caressing his hair slowly.. He asked what happened..

I replied: “Nothing.. yet..”.. Indeed, until now nothing happened.. But I was willing to try once more.. I had to succeed this time..

After a cheerful lunch and a little nap, that we all needed to charge up our batteries after a tiring trip, we were now discussing the activities for the next days, waiting for the others to come. My friend kept looking outside the window, to spot the cars..

Kai: “So.. we should also have a picnic by the lake… ”

Friend: “Yep.. good idea.. and some football match…”

Friend’s wife: “Hm… girls won’t play.. ”

Friend: “We’ll make you to..”

Kai: “It will be fun.. boys against girls ha ha..”

Friend: “YAH! They’re coming..”

Me and my friend’s wife went to the kitchen to bring the juice, since they must have been thirsthy.. While pouring the liquid, I could hear their greetings and cheerfulness spreading in the whole house.. I put the glasses on two trays, taking one of them and heading back in the living room..

Kai was at the front door, waiting for the last two persons to come… I was giving each friend the glass of juice, when D.O came in, waving his hands..

I put the tray on the table, holding the last glass, while heading to the door when I suddenly felt getting stucked on the floor..

Although I couldn’t see his face well, because Kai was standing in my way, my whole world seemed to stop in place, as those innocent deer like eyes smiled gently, scanning the room..

Everyone turned at me, when the sound of a breaking glass startled them all.. I couldn’t hear anything they were asking me, because of those words that were now inside my mind, repeating itselves: “How are you, brother?”