Tiger tears

A Soul's Colors

 

Baekhyun nervously peeked inside the room. And at the very center of the room, in chains was Chanyeol, his body seeming like it was transparent flickering with a shadow of a tiger.

 

He had his hands to his head and Baekhyun could hear his heavy breathing from the doorway. Baekhyun closed his eyes and braced himself. He took silent, purposeful steps into the room and soon he stood over Chanyeol’s body.

 

He hesitated and set his hand on Chanyeol’s neck. He growled and swung at him before seeing who it was. Chanyeol’s eyes filled with recognition and he noticeably recoiled. “…..Get…..Away……From me” He could barely speak between breaths. His eyes flickered from gray to the slitted eyes of a tigers.

 

Baekhyun swore his vain popped on his forehead. “Pardon me?! You dare talk to me like that?! Don’t freakin sass me!!!” Chanyeol had an amused look in his eyes, but it quickly flickered away.

 

Baekhyun stepped forward once more but Chanyeol let out a threatening growl. Baekhyun huffed. “Fine. I’ll go, gosh.” He turned around and when Chanyeol dropped his head down, Baekhyun turned and lunged forward. He wrapped his arms around his torso and clung on like a koala.

 

Chanyeol jolted in surprise and tried to throw him off his back, looking like a bull trying to fling off its poor rider. “LET GO!!” His growl echoing through out the chamber. “NEVEEEEEER!!!” Then an idea popped into his mind. He turned Chanyeol’s face to look at his. “Look into my eyes. What do you see?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes seemed to blank out and Baekhyun felt heat rush up to his face. Their eyes stayed locked for what seemed like forever and Baekhyun felt like he was plunging into boiling water. He just wanted to try a calming exercise, so what the happened?!

 

When the rushing sound stopped, he ended up in what looked like a forest clearing. He heard the sound of a child’s laughter in the wind. He followed it and saw a little boy with brown curls, chasing a….ferret? Baekhyun stepped forward to call out to the little boy when he hit a wall full of realization.

 

It was Chanyeol, just 5 years old. The young Chanyeol stopped chasing the weasel and stared at him. And then he spoke. “Hi there pretty man! What are you doing here?” He did this cute smile, his eyes full of joy that don’t exist in his eyes now. Baekhyun bent down and petted his hair.

 

“Hey there cutie! My name’s Baekhyun, what about you?” this can’t be him, Baekhyun thought. He has soul, life in his eyes. The cute little boy smiled brightly. “My name is Park Chanyeol!!! Nice to meet you mister!!!” and then he scenery changed and halted in what looked like a living room. There in the center, was little Chanyeol, holding his head like he was in the present time, his eyes flickering. But something was different this time. There was a man, yelling at him, kicking him, slapping him. He had bruises, cuts and blood was everywhere.

 

And the horrid scene changed. There was Chanyeol, sitting with his knees tucked up to his chin in the small corner of a garden, his eyes shiny and glistening with tears. “Don’t worry Kris hyung. I’ll grow up and become stronger and protect you and the rest of us. And one day, we’ll all find love.” And as his tears hit the ground, Baekhyun’s own tears followed and the vision swirled away.