Out of My Limit(Part1)

One Shot to the Heart (ON HOLD)

Out of My Limit

 

Genre: Romance, fluff

 

Part 1

 

Entering a new school for the millionth time, Yoona steps in the school entrance. She clinched the thin paper on her hand. Then her shaky hand smooth her shirt, then fixed the red bow tie on her neck.

 

“No more transferring.” Her mother’s happy voice echoes in her head. Yoona had transferred over more than 10 school for the past five years.

 

Her mother is a businesswoman who got promote to many different company almost every 6 months. Yoona had no choice but to follow. Yoona understand, even from a very young age, that she have to obey her mother. Because she doesn't have a dad, she will have to stay strong.

 

The sound of the first bell echoing in the school ground. The huge schoolyard had already been empty. Everyone is rushing to class. They passed Yoona without giving any attention that there is a new student.

 

Yoona knows that she doesn’t seek much attention.

 

She is not a pretty girl. She had a huge glasses and had long black hair. People from other school gave her thousand of nickname: geek, nerd, the grudge, four eyes. There is nothing she can do about it. The mouth belongs to someone else.

 

Yoona walk towards the main office to meet her homeroom teacher. The map in her hand didn’t do any help. She walked around the school trying to find the main office.

 

“Hi. Do you need any help?” A girl walked up to Yoona. She introduce herself as Minya. A very beautiful girl with brown silky hair. Minya had a very well structured face. A tall nose bridge and snow white face. Minya lead Yoona to her homeroom teacher after she explained she is a transfer student.

 

“You can come find me anytime. Yoona.” The girl said nicely.

 

Yoona nodded with a light smile.

 

“Oh my god. You are so lucky!” Minya exclaim looking at Yoona’s paper.

 

“Why?” Yoona asked softly.

 

“You are in the same classroom with the hottest guy in school.” She answer with one of her eyebrow moving up and down. Yoona didn’t have much reaction. All she did is nod and blinked. She didn’t care who is hot and who is not. She just want to stay in the school comfortably.

 

Minya laughed, “Good you are not interested.”

 

“I don’t really care.” Yoona reply.

 

“That is good.” Minya handed the paper back to Yoona. “Because he is my boyfriend.  If any girl want to steal him away, they can’t survive in this school.”

 

Yoona watched Minya walk away as the teacher came out to greet her.

 

Just like any school there is always an alpha of the female pack.

 


 

“Please take a seat next to Donghae, Ms. Im.” The teacher introduced.

 

Yoona walked down the aisle as everyone stare at her. She didn’t dare to look up. Even when she sat down all the way at the back of the room, she kept her head low.

 

The guy next to her is sleeping with his head down. His arms fold together act as a pillow. His face facing her direction.

 

Yoona knew for sure this is Minya’s boyfriend. He is the handsomest man she had ever met. The long eyelashes and the thin soft lips.

 

He suddenly opened his eyes. They stared at Yoona. Yoona didn’t flinched all she did is continue staring at him. Her face calm and emotionless and so is his.

 

Inside his eye reflected Yoona’s image. Then Yoona move commute her vision back to the teacher.

 

Donghae still had his eye at Yoona. She blinked a few time feeling a bit uncomfortable by the continues stares. The teacher had started the lesson. Yoona picked up her machine pencil and start writing. The sound of the furious writing filled the classroom. Everyone is quiet.

 

Donghae suddenly sit up straight. His voice filled up the room.

 

“What is your name?” He asked in a normal tone. The end of Yoona’s machine pencil snap off and the little black led fly off from the paper. She turn to Donghae who is on her right with wide eyes. She looked at him for awhile making sure he is talking to her.

 

She quickly answered, when she realize everyone is staring at them. Even the teacher seem surprised.

 

“Im Yoona.”

 

She then heard people small whisper over the room.

 

“Lee Donghae. Nice to meet you.” He put out his right hand. Yoona hesitated, but she shook his hand at the end. She didn’t like the attention that she is receiving.

 

“Nice to meet you too.”

 

He went back to sleep after the short greeting.

 


 

“Hey.”

 

It has been more than a week. Yoona is alway alone in school. Donghae didn’t say anything to her until today.

 

“Hey.” He increased his voice by a little.

 

“Yes?” Yoona put down her bookbag and look up at Donghae who is standing there with a broom in his hand. It is already the end of school. Most people had left the school area. Yoona usually stays inside the school until she can see the sunset.

 

“Today is our duty.” Donghae hand her the broom. She stood up and takes the broom.

 

His hand suddenly move towards her face. Yoona didn’t back up. Her vision suddenly became blurry when Donghae took her glasses off her face.

 

She move her hand in uncoordinated motion searching for Donghae’s hand. “Wait. I can’t see without...”

 

“I knew it.” She heard Donghae said.

 

Her eyes calm down and found Donghae’s position. “You look really pretty without glasses.” He commented. A smile light up on his face, but Yoona couldn’t see it.

 

He then put the glasses back to her eyes. “Let’s go, Yoona.” Donghae existed the room. Yoona realize she had let out the breath she is holding in.

 

That is right this is the feeling of being nervous. Yoona followed Donghae as they started to clear the hallway.

 

As they work, the whole hall is quiet.

 

“Do you like this place?” Donghae asked as he shove the garbage into the bin.

 

Yoona looked up surprised by Donghae, “I... I don’t like school.”

 

“I hate this place.” Donghae answered. He pull the garbage bag out the bin and pick up the little pieces of paper from the ground. “I don’t talk to people. That is why they are so surprised when I greet you.”

 

Yoona didn’t respond right away. She dust the little rock back into the schoolyard.

 

“But you talk to me.” She looked up at him.

 

“You are different.”

 

“How?”

 

“You are just like me.” He pull a mop from the school lockers. They went to the huge sink for water together. “I don’t like when girl wants to be all up over me. I don’t like nosey people.” He continue dropping everything behind.

 

Both of them were very quiet. They both like to hide, like to be anti-social. The sound of water hitting the bottom of the bucket filled the area. There are two more student from another class getting water from the sink too.

 

They are chatting happily about excited. Not something that Yoona and Donghae can understand.

 

“Maybe you like nosey people.” Yoona comment staring at the water filling the bucket. The two student walked away struggling to pull the water with them.

 

Donghae raised his eyebrow at Yoona.

 

“Human are social creature. If you try to find the common thing between me and you, that means you are a sociable creature.”

 

Donghae didn’t respond he is more shock by her words. He never thought of anything like that before. Yoona closed the water and they both lift the bucket down the hallway. The water splashed from right to left as they keep walking.

 

“There is one thing you and I both have in common.” Yoona said as they set the water on the hallway. She stick the mop into the bucket and started the cleaning.

 

“Like what?” Donghae got another mop out.

 

“We are lonely.”  Yoona lift up her head and then she realize Donghae is looking at her.

 

They eyes met for a long time. It felt like the space between them had shrunk closer.

 

 

Part 2