There’s a difference (Apparently)

The Crazy Life of Twelve Mystical Creatures - dropped -

There's a difference (Apparently)

 tumblr_static_jhjhjhjh.png

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai

{612 words}

 

tumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.giftumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.gif

“Chanyeol! That’s cheating!” whined Baekhyun with a pout on his face. “You can’t just fly using your wings, it’s not fair for me ‘coz my legs are way too short to be able to run against that! It isn’t a very fair race…” In response, Chanyeol chuckled loudly, sending echoes reverberating through the forest.

“Okay, Baekkie, I was just having fun teasing you,” he said in between chortles, enjoying the look of irritation on his puppy’s face (maybe a little too much).

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Chanyeol! That’s cheating!” Once again, Baekhyun was wheezing exasperatedly, collapsed on the grass as he tried to regain his breath.

“What did I do this time, Baek?” asked Chanyeol innocently, crouching beside the puppy. Baekhyun groaned, the heat from the phoenix making him overheat even more. Shoving the other gently away, he rolled onto his back.

“Your legs are too damn long…” At his lame excuse, Chanyeol burst into a fit of laughter, the forest almost shaking as much as him.

 

Suddenly, there was a sharp hush from above, calling the playing couple’s attention.

“Guys, be quiet won’t you? Kai’s sleeping,” scolded Kyungsoo in a loud whisper, glaring at them with those eyes of his. Chanyeol and Baekhyun searched the foliage of Kyungsoo’s tree for any sign of the Sleeping Handsome, and sure enough, light snores could be heard from a lump that could have been said person.

 

“Okay, mother,” replied Baekhyun with a roll of his eyes, turning to whisper to Chanyeol (although he made sure to whisper loud enough for the owl up above to hear as well). “Don’t you think he’s like a mother hen?” At the imagery, Chanyeol immediately burst out laughing, only clamping a hand over his mouth when he felt Kyungsoo giving him another deathly glare.

 

“Excuse you, but there is a difference between chickens and owls,” he said indignantly, saying the word ‘chickens’ with slight distate. “For one, those creatures live on the ground whereas I, as you can see, choose to remain high up in the trees.”

“Yeah, but-”

“Number two.” Kyungsoo cut off Baekhyun’s response, brushing him off with a wave of his wing. “We owls are nocturnal, creatures of the night, whereas those chickens can barely stay up past their bedtime,” he scoffed, wondering how anyone could sleep the night away. Well, everyone except Kai. Since Kai was the Sleeping Handsome, it was obviously in his nature to sleep. At whatever time. No matter what they were doing. And Kyungsoo didn’t mind ensuring that the Sleeping Handsome got his beauty handsome sleep, especially if he got to look at his face during it all.

“Yeah, but-”

 

Suddenly, there was a loud yawn, the lump on Kyungsoo’s branch stretching out. Kai’s dishevelled hair could be seen, although his eyes were still half-shut.

“Kyung?” he said sleepily, blinking slowly. At the sight, Kyungsoo immediately feels guilty about having woken the younger up, and he shoos the other two away before turning to attend to Kai.

“Shhh, everything’s fine, Kai,” soothed Kyungsoo, gently pushing the other back down. “Just go back to sleep, m’kay?” he said in a soothing voice, tucking Kai back under the leaves that acted as his blanket. When the other had settled down once more, Kyungsoo began to sing a lullaby, rocking them back and forth gently with the wind. Soon enough, Kai had fallen asleep, a motherly smile on the owl’s face.

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

“He can deny it all he wants, but he’s definitely a mother hen…” muttered Baekhyun as he was led away by Chanyeol, who knew better than to mess with a mother hen protecting her precious baby.

 

 

tumblr_inline_mmrhdhfW1Z1qz4rgp.gif

Author's Notes

I had a crappy morning, but wanted to give my readers a reason to be happy (unlike me)

So hopefully, this super short drabble at least made you giggle, but I'm sorry if it was boring

Bye, see you guys in the next update (which I promise I'll try to make better)

 tumblr_mwhk5xPN8u1rgpyeqo1_500.png

Layout credit