Dragon Food

The Crazy Life of Twelve Mystical Creatures - dropped -

Dragon Food

 tumblr_static_jhjhjhjh.png

Kris, Lay, Chen, Tao

{932 words}

 

tumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.giftumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.gif

“Hyung!” Kris turned his head towards the voice that called his voice – the feat was slightly difficult considering how he was still in his dragon form… his head was always so damn big in that state (although others would always say that he had an inflated ego and head anyways) – and saw a slightly out of breath unicorn galloping its way over. He got up from the large boulder that he was resting on, releasing a fiery yawn as he stretched his limbs that had been folded beneath him for the past few hours. He didn’t notice the other’s shiver at the sight of the orange flames, too busy morphing into his human form. After both of them looked human again, Kris finally replied to the younger, letting out a smoky huff, an after effect of being in his dragon form.

“What is it, Lay?” he said, trying to move closer to the other. That is how one initiates a conversation, is it not? However, to Kris’ confusion, Lay took a step back, maintaining some distance between himself and the dragon.

“I- I- need you to answer me honestly…” stuttered the unicorn, letting out neighs of nervousness in between his words.

“Okay?” Kris simply raised an eyebrow, wondering what he had done this time.

“Do- Do- Do-” Lay continued to stutter, spluttering every few seconds as he tried to voice out his question.

“Do?” Truthfully, Kris was starting to get a little annoyed, and frustrated, by Lay’s lack of words, and he couldn’t help the snappy tone of his voice.

“DO YOU EAT UNICORNS?!” shouted out Lay, clamping his mouth straightaway as he realized his sudden outburst and backed away behind the nearest tree. His eyes were wide with fear, and this was real fear, mind you. He sincerely looked terrified of the dragon (although now that you mention it, everyone should be afraid of a fire-breathing dragon the size of towers…)

 

Kris, not knowing how to reply to the sudden accusation, remained silent. His face set into an expression of confusion.

“A- Answer me,” spluttered Lay, totally failing at his brave façade.

“Where did you get such a ridiculous idea from?” Being Kris, he finally voiced out his thoughts with an unamused -face which made Lay even more scared than he was. An angry dragon could never be a good thing…

“I- I was reading up on some ancient folklore, you know, to find out more about our ancestors…” explained Lay. “And I read this one about dragons being carnivorous beasts…”

And being Kris, he replied with what could arguably be the worst statement ever.

“Of course, I love a good raw steak as good as the next dragon-“

“So it’s true!” cried Lay with a loud gasp, pointing his finger accusingly as Kris.

“I never-“ But before Kris could refute the younger’s words, the unicorn burst out crying, his loud wails echoing through the forest surrounding them.

 

Suddenly, Chen appeared from who knows where and decided to intervene.

“Lay, why are you crying?” he asked with a worried tone, although Kris rolled his eyes at the overdone, fake concern that the troll was showing. Lay was much too innocent (and oblivious) to realize but Kris knew that the younger was up to something, but what exactly… He guessed he would soon find out.

Still crying, Lay managed to blubber out his assumptions of Kris’ eating habits, earning snickers from the troll, who managed to contain them and maintain his caring attitude.

“It’s okay, Lay, he’s not going to eat you,” soothed Chen, rubbing comforting circles on the unicorn’s back.

 

 

Woah. Kris was not expecting that. Chen the troll was actually being nice? But when Chen directed a knowing smirk in his direction, he knew. Something was definitely up. And he soon realized what, when a groggy Tao sleepily made his way over to their group.

“Lay, you don’t have to worry about Kris eating you,” emphasized Chen.

“Wh-Why not?” asked Lay, wiping his eyes dry of the tears that had finally stopped. At that very moment, Tao had reached the trio, making his way over to his dragon lover.

“Instead of unicorns, Kris is carnivorous for baby pandas,” said Chen with a suggestive wink, clearly meaning something quite different. At his words, Lay’s eyes widened in fear once more, and he finally snapped. Running away like a headless chicken, screaming for Suho, Lay finally fled the scene. Meanwhile, Chen also began to strut away, chuckling to himself as he began to search for his next victim.

 

That left the blushing dragon and the confused panda all alone, an awkward atmosphere settling down between them.

“Ge, what was Chen talking about?” asked Tao innocently, looking up at the other with wide eyes that finally looked like they had lost the sleep in them.

“Nothing…” Kris’ voice trailed off as he thought about the troll’s words, unable to deny them. “How about we go back to sleep?”

“But aren’t you hungry?” Tao continued. “I’m sure you guys were talking about eating something…” Kris literally wanted to facepalm at the adorableness of his lover, but the blush adorning his cheeks turned his body into a flaming mess (although a fire always existed in him… How else would he breathe fire?)

“Just ignore him and come sleep on my rock,” invited Kris, pulling the younger over to the boulder that he napped on earlier.

 

And just like that, the two feel into a deep slumber, deaf to the screams of ‘SUHO!’ still echoing through the forest as cackles of laughter followed closely behind.

 

 

tumblr_inline_mmrhdhfW1Z1qz4rgp.gif

Author's Notes

Hello there, Saby here with the first drabble~ This would have been up yesterday (when I finished writing it) if my Internet wasn't being such a poop...

Anyways, I'm not sure how funny this actually was, but I hoped that you enjoyed it ^-^ Do leave your thoughts in the comment section below, and don't be afraid to suggest any scenarios that you want to see =]

 tumblr_mwhk5xPN8u1rgpyeqo1_500.png

Layout credit