Happy Birthday (?)

The Crazy Life of Twelve Mystical Creatures - dropped -

Happy Birthday (?)

 tumblr_static_jhjhjhjh.png

All members

{556}

 

tumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.giftumblr_m3xxzsmjR81rodiav.gif

“Guys, why is my cake lopsided?!” screeched Kyungsoo, flapping away the nine pairs of busy hands that were happily decorating a cake that had been baked just a while ago by the owl. “And oh my god! Luhan, why are you trying to stuff Xiumin into the cake?!” The deer just laughed maniacally as the baozi cried his eyes out, wailing for someone to save him. But of course, everyone was too preoccupied to notice the sufferings of poor Xiumin. Well, everyone except for Mr. Frost, who was too busy judging the excited hyungs from afar.

“Are you guys sure that Kris-hyung is going to like that… that thing?” he muttered quietly, unfazed by the glares suddenly sent his way.

“Of course he’s going to like it,” replied Baekhyun huffily. “It was made by the fabulous Baekhyun.”

“Excuse you,” interjected Kyungsoo, his voice like daggers. “I distinctly remember being the one to wake up early, which is hard for a nocturnal bird like me, and going all the way to that stupid rock oven over by the volcano on the other freaking side of the island.”

“Whatever, he’s going to like the cake.”

“He better.”

 

-

 

A few moments passed peacefully, Kyungsoo restoring the cake to its earlier state, when it wasn’t so messily covered with a pale red frosting. Luhan finally gave up stuffing Xiumin into it, choosing instead to poke Sehun’s cheeks. The younger’s face remained stoic, but he made no move to shoo the elder away. Baekhyun had gotten bored with the cake decorating and wanted to play tag again, so he and Chanyeol were running around in circles off to the side. Chen was decorating Kai’s face with the leftover frosting as the other slept, giggling to himself as he created his masterpiece. Suddenly, the unicorn spoke up.

“Guys… why are we making a cake for Kris-ge?” asked Yixing, his expression showing pure confusion. At the unicorn’s words, everyone stopped whatever they were doing, turning to him with their eyebrows raised.

“Seriously?” said Chanyeol. “You’ve been helping this whole time, not realizing what you were doing?” The other just laughed, scratching his head awkwardly.

“It’s Kris-hyung’s birthday,” answered Suho gently, patting the younger on the back comfortingly.

“Oh... So where’s Tao? Wouldn’t he want to help?” Yixing furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why the panda was missing.

“His job is to distract Kris-hyung,” sighed Kyungsoo, shaking his head slightly as the unicorn’s blur behaviour.

“Oh…”

 

 

-

 

“Happy birthday, Kris!~” sang everyone in unison, Kyungsoo carrying over the precious cake littered with numerous candles, some taller than others, haphazardly placed onto the top of the cake. The dragon had been dragged over to the meet-up clearing by an excited panda just seconds ago, after he spotted the glistening horn that belonged to Lay run past him, the sign that everything was prepared.

“Quick, blow out the candles and make a wish,” ushered Tao, bringing Kris closer. The dragon smiled and drew in a breath, exhaling straight away.

 

But it seems that everyone forgot about what exactly Kris breaths out… Kyungsoo squawked in horror when he felt flames at his feathers and the cake. Everyone froze, jaws dropped as they witnessed the owl trembling, his wings folded by his side, the cake forgotten on the floor.

“Never again.”

 

 

tumblr_inline_mmrhdhfW1Z1qz4rgp.gif

Author's Notes

/peeks out from my cave/

hi there ._. Sorry for disappearing for a while, school was really taking up all of my time >< 

Anyways, here is a (late) update for Kris' bday ^-^ I wasn't planning on this one, but since it's MY birthday tomorrow (OMG I AM BEYOND EXCITED) I wanted to upload something after being MIA for a while =P 

I hope you enjoy this, and don't forget to comment/subscribe/upvote ^-^

P.S. it's a friend's birthday TODAY and I wrote her a bday fic, so feel free to check it out~

Our Secret Garden

 tumblr_mwhk5xPN8u1rgpyeqo1_500.png

Layout credit