Chapter 9

Caged Birds

WARNING: CHAPTER MAY BE A BIT BORING. I GOT WRITER'S BLOCK.

 

 

Kuro’s POV

 

 

Sunlight streamed through the gap between my black curtains, warming the air in the room and waking m up. I sat up and groaned. Aish, my head hurts from thinking about the twins. I ran a hand through my messy bed head and opened the curtains. There was still snow on the ground. The little black-capped chickadee that would always greet me in the morning perched on my windowsill. “Hello.” I it little black head and it cheeped a greeting. I grabbed small handful of seeds and piled it next to the bird. He cheeped happily and ate its breakfast. A bunch of other chickadees joined him as I got dressed and ready for school.

 

I walked to my locker, hearing squealing girls and seeing tired looking boys. Nothing out of the ordinary. I opened my locker and found a bottle of orange Fanta and a heart-shaped chocolate cake. On the cake, in white letters was a message. “어젯밤에대해죄송합니다. 우리는당신을사랑! – 영민 & 광민 (Sorry about last night. We love you! - Youngmin & Kwangmin)” I smiled. Kwangmin must have been the one who got me the orange pop, and Youngmin probably bought the cake since his cooking skills . Suddenly, arms wrapped around me from behind. “Youngmin! Get off.” I squirmed, so he let go. “Why?” He pouted and gave me the puppy eyes. He had bandages on his face and hands. The fight from yesterday. I pointed at a group of girls who looked at the verge of tears. “Oh. Well, umm… do you like your gift? Me and Kwangmin both got you something, so we decided to put it in your locker…” Youngmin blushed and scratched his neck. I laughed. “Thank you. I really like it.” Youngmin smiled his award winning golden smile and we walked to class together.

 

 

I sat down in my usual seat, which was beside Kwangmin. He gave me a small smile as I sat down and I noticed he had bandages on his face, just like Youngmin. “Are you okay?” I asked. He nodded. “Was the fight really bad?” I asked again. “Not really. I’ve been through worse.” The teacher walked in and we all turned to face the front. “Hello class. Its almost the end of January, meaning that we have to start preparing for the school festival. During the draw in the staff room, it has been decided that our class is doing a café, or restaurant of sorts. Any ideas?” I put up my hand. The teacher motioned for me to speak. “Cosplay café? Like with characters from animes, mangas, stories…” The teacher nodded. “Good idea! Does anyone else have a suggestion?” The class went quiet. The teacher clapped his hands. “Alright then, I guess Cosplay Café it is. Let’s start assigning jobs.” The teacher took out a bucket full of paper slips. “Since doing a job by oneself is too hard, we’ll be assigning partners. Pick a name out of a jar and that’s the person you will get.” The teacher walked around and handed out names, but only half the class got to choose the other half. I stuck my hand in the jar and pulled out a piece of paper. “Jo Kwangmin.” I blushed. Damn. “You two will be the runners, gathering what the other groups need. Your first task is to get the ingredients for drinks and equipment. Youngmin and Minwoo, you two can be directors. I’ll be back whenever, children.” The teacher sauntered out of the room, and probably won’t come back. Youngmin walked to the front of the class and began organizing everyone.

 

 

After school, I went home and changed then went to the park to wait for Kwangmin. “Where is he?” I mumbled to myself.

 

 

Kwangmin’s POV

 

 

I jogged down the street checking my watch. Damn, it was 4:30 already. I was late. The slippery sidewalks weren’t making it much easier for me. I saw Kuro standing next to a streetlight, so I jogged up to her. She was wearing a medium jacket with a fur hood and a puffy black vest. Her skinny jeans were grey with bright DC hightops. He hair was tied up, but her bangs fell on her face, and she had a white hairband with a bow. She was cute, even if they were normal clothes. “You look… good.” I managed to say. She giggled. “Thanks. You look good too.” I laughed. I was just wearing the first thing that I found, which was jeans, a thick jacket, and a cap. “Let’s go to the grocery store, or else we’ll never get our shopping done.” I started walking away and she followed.

 

By the time we were finished, it was 6:00, and the sky was beginning to turn orange. We had bags of instant coffee, chocolate powder, and other drink materials. I was happy to be with Kuro, and her smile made me feel warm inside. I smiled to myself. “What are you smiling about?” Kuro laughed. I blushed. “N-nothing. I was just enjoying myself is all.” She tilted her head to the side. “Hey isn’t this kinda like a date?” She looked at me funny, which made me smile. “Maybe.” I thought for a moment. “Since its only 6, do you want to… umm… go… and walk around? The market is open… and we can drop off the stuff at my house first.” I blabbed, trying to get the words out. Kuro giggled and took my hand with her free hand. “Of course! Sounds like a great idea!” My heart fluttered when she took my hand. Stupid idiot, didn’t she know how it made me feel?

 

Teehee~ Will the night end well? What will the festival be like? Sub and comment!! I love those of you who did!

Kwangmin: She's holding my hand *blush*

Me: Hehehehe your welcome :)