Epilogue: Destroyed

A Heart Turned Cold

Sunggyu stood in front of a photo and let out a muffled sob. Minhyuk, who was standing a little behind him, hugged him from the back to give him the badly needed support.

No one knows. Woohyun never told. He never told anyone what a jerk Sunggyu had been. He never told anyone the reason behind the scars on his wrists. Everyone welcomed Sunggyu to the funeral, thinking that he was only a friend, the one and only friend that came to pay a visit. Truth is, Woohyun never had much friends and Sunggyu was the only one who ever cared. However, Sunggyu had to destroy his last hope. He had to destroy it to the point that it could never be repaired.

For that, Sunggyu was guilty. He would never forget how he send someone to death. He can never confide in anyone that he is indirectly the murderer, not even Minhyuk. Minhyuk too thought that Woohyun was just a friend and Sunggyu will never ever have the guts to admit that Woohyun was someone he dated. He fear the consequences. Yes, He is selfish and a coward but he lost too much and he does not want to lose more. 

For the countless sleepless nights that followed, Sunggyu's thoughts was haunted by Woohyun. He remembered Woohyun's bright and smiling face. He remembered Woohyun's melodious voice saying "I love you". He remembered Woohyun's hand, the feeling when Woohyun grabbed his hand and held it tightly and sometimes giving his hand a squeeze. Woohyun's presence has always been comforting to Sunggyu, no matter whether Sunggyu actually love him or not and now, the comfort is all gone. 

Every single moment he spend with Minhyuk was now agony instead of joy. Was this what Woohyun wanted all along? To make sure that they would never be happy together? No, Woohyun would never do that. Woohyun loves Sunggyu too much, just too much that he would never want to see Sunggyu upset. 

Sunggyu felt himself rotting on the inside. Although he may still seemed normal on the outside, his mental state was not all that good. His thoughts keep revolving around Woohyun. He knew that one day, he would break down. When that day comes, everyone would come to despise him. Every single person. There would be none left to care for him. If only Woohyun was here, he would understand. 

He broke up with Minhyuk today. He could not bear it anymore. It hurts saying goodbye to someone he loves but it hurts ever more lying to someone he loved. He choose the path with lesser hurt. He knew Woohyun would support his choice.

He would have to spend his whole life alone. It was his punishment but he would gladly suffer if it meant that Woohyun would forgive him when he finally die and goes to heaven.

A/N:

Finally finished with a real horrible ending :< going to write my thoughts about it now. It will be up as soon as I'm done. In meantime, do check out Vengeance. This fanfic will be written with some lovely friends of mine and we will try not to disappoint.