Finally

Silence (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~900

 

“Sehun, I’m back! I hope you haven’t bruised yourself on doorframes or chairs or anything,” Luhan called from the foyer.

“I didn’t bruise myself but I did run into the doorframes a couple time,” said the boy sprawled out in the middle of his living room.

“Is there a particular reason why you’re staring up at the ceiling and laying on the carpet in the middle of your living room?”

“It’s comfortable and I’m contemplating life. It’s also very difficult to lose balance and fall onto the ground when you’re already there,” he replied matter-of-factly. Luhan just chuckled and shook his head. He dropped his bag by the door, having come straight to Sehun’s flat instead of going home to drop his things off. He proceeded to lie down next to the other boy.

“To me it looks like you’re watching clouds swim lazily through a crystal blue sky, pushed by a gently whispering breeze,” Luhan commented, folding his hands behind his head and looking up at the white ceiling.

“That’s incredibly poetic hyung,” Sehun commented. “You should have majored in poetry.”

“It’s too late for that. I’m graduating in two years and I’m sure that I’m not going back for more of an education. It’s costly and painful.”

“And I have three more years to look forward to,” Sehun groaned.

“Well you don’t have to worry about the ‘costly’ aspect of education at least.”

“Because of Joonmyun being a billionaire? Yeah. Perks of being the kid of a rich and distant parent. If you wanted, I could probably pay for the other years of your schooling.”

“You forgot about the other adjective I used to describe school: painful,” Luhan pointed out.

“Do you think I could just drop out of school? Seems like it’s going to be a pain from here on out,” Sehun mused.

“If you really want to and it makes you that miserable, but I feel like you don’t have a particularly annoying major. Performance is a lot less stressful than Linguistics,” Luhan replied.

“That’s true. But I still have to take core classes.”

“But that’s only a year. I’d say that you should just stick through it,” Luhan suggested. Sehun rolled onto his stomach and folded his hands under his chin, turning his face to Luhan.

“Isn’t it weird? Thinking that we are talking about this so normally? It’s not going to be an easy future,” Sehun mumbled. Luhan turned his head and looked into Sehun’s unseeing eyes, reminding him that their future really wouldn’t be nearly normal.

 

--

 

Sehun and Luhan sipped their tea together as they sat at a window table in the bubble teashop. “So Jongin wanted me to tell you that something came up and he wouldn’t be able to make it today to have bubble tea with us,” Sehun announced as if he had just remembered this fact.

“Funny, Yixing said the exact same thing,” Luhan laughed with a slight chuckle. “Do you think they’re secretly banging or something?” The two boys laughed at the thought.

“Jongin vehemently denied such a thing when he told me he wouldn’t be able to make it. Besides, those two are still really innocent. I doubt they’d do something like that, at least at this point in time.” The two began to laugh just a little bit louder.

“So then it’s just a coincidence? Our two friends who are dating just happen to suddenly be busy with no explanation?” Luhan joked.

“I still don’t believe they’re doing anything particularly naughty,” Sehun insisted.

“Fair enough. They really do seem to be the innocent types,” Luhan conceded. Neither of them noticed Sehun’s slip up implying that he knew that the both of them would be simultaneously absent.

A comfortable silence fell between them as they sipped their tea but it began to stretch into an awkward silence. They both had something they wanted to say but they couldn’t quite bring up the courage to do it. Neither knew that the other was going to confess his feelings and they were worried about rejection. Luhan was the first to make a move.

“S-so, Sehun,” he began with an awkward stutter. “There was something I wanted to talk to you about, well more tell you, but it’s also kind of a question so I guess ask you?” he babbled nervously.

“Uhm, sure,” Sehun replied with equal nervousness. He didn’t know what he was expecting, but it wasn’t the next words that Luan spoke.

“I was wondering whether you wanted to be my boyfriend,” Luhan mumbled, just loudly enough to be audible. Sehun’s look of astonishment was enough to make Luhan squirm. He looked away and took a sip of his tea. “I-it’s okay if you don’t want to. It was probably a stupid idea. You’re probably not even into guys. I’m sorry I assumed that you were gay,” he continued awkwardly in the absence of a response. “Just forget I said anything. Can we just go back to being friends I don’t want things to be weird between us. I’m s—“

Sehun was finally able to speak and he cut off his friend. “No it’s fine. It’s more than fine. I’d love to. I was actually hoping to ask you the same thing. I’ve liked you for a long time, probably since Jongin and Yixing started dating, or even before that.” His pale porcelain cheeks were slowly being tined red.

“Funny, me too,” Luhan admitted. They both burst into a fit of giggles.

 

A/N: We're coming to the end of the flashbacks and soon we'll be moving forward without looking back! I hope you're enjoying the story! Sorry for a short chapter. XD