I Sing For You

Silence (On Hiatus)

Word Count: 713

 

Back at Sehun’s apartment complex, Luhan and Yixing helped their friend get up to his penthouse. He didn’t have a lot of contact with his father, Joonmyun, but he had this penthouse and a credit card with no limit on it. He could basically buy whatever he wanted because his father was so loaded and either felt guilty that he didn’t have the time to spend with his son or he really just didn’t care.

Luhan guided Sehun gently to the sofa and sat him down. “I’m sorry about what I said earlier about your optimism,” Sehun mumbled, turning his gaze down.

“I forgive you Sehun,” Luhan replied softly, sitting next to the boy and wrapping his arms around the fragile figure. Sehun could feel the familiar stings of tears at the backs of his eyes and before he knew it, he could feel hot tears sliding down his face. As sobs racked his body, he pressed his face into Luhan’s chest.

“We can get through this together. I swear we can,” Luhan murmred in Sehun’s ear. “I just know it,” he added, more for himself than anyone else.

“I just don’t know what to do. I don’t know what we can do…” Sehun choked out between sobs.

“We’ll figure it out. I promise you that we can do this. We can do it if we just work together,” Luhan replied, rubbing his dongsaeng’s back softly. “Just promise me you will never give up no matter what happens.”

“I promise,” Sehun replied, not knowing what the future would bring or what the promise would truly entail.

“Luhan sang under his breath as Sehun continued crying. “The love filled with warmth runs through the body, Is a memory that will never fade... Together we are living for the sake for the future,” Sehun cried himself to sleep, resting his head on Luhan’s warm, comforting chest as Luhan sang the song softly. Whenever Sehun had problems, he could always turn to his hyung and cry on his shoulder. When sehun was upset, Luhan would sing to him with the voice that he had first fallen in love with.

 

--

 

When Luhan didn’t really feel like dancing, he sang along with the music instead, standing by the speaker and producing a lovely harmony. The first time he did it, Sehun tripped over his own feet and landed on his face. Even though Luhan had a delicate speaking voice, he managed to project his voice when he sang and he even managed to change his voice from his usual high and delicate one to a powerful one.

Jongin laughed before helping his friend up from the floor.

“What’s wrong? Did I hit the wrong note?” Luhan’s voice returned to its usual soft and delicate tone as he turned off the speakers and went to help Sehun up.

Yixing was laughing silently, shoulders bouncing as he tried to keep quiet.

“No. You were perfect. I mean you were fine. I just didn’t realise that you sang so well,” Sehun replied, rubbing his nose, as he had fallen on it.

“Well I don’t really get a chance to sing at school. Live isn’t a musical or anything like that, so the only chance I really get is at my voice lessons or when I’m with friends. Yixing, you can stop laughing now, the joke wasn’t that funny.”

“Sorry, Lulu,” Yixing managed to choke out as he regained control of his diaphragm.

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Sometimes I wonder how you ended up as our great and venerable leader, Yixing.”

“He is the best dancer in the club out of the lot of us,” Jongin pointed out.

“Well he sure isn’t winning any awards for composure or intellectual aptitude,” Luhan joked.

“Hey! I resent that Lulu!” Yixing replied with mock indignation.

“I only speak the truth, my dear Xingxing,” Luhan teased some more.

“I can still dance better than you can and that’s that,” Yixing finished.

“Whatever you say darling~” Everyone burst into laughter.

 

--

 

Those were the days, Sehun thought bitterly, looking back on it. Who would have thought that fate would deal him such a hand of tragedy. He soon figured out that blindness was only the beginning of a series of falling dominoes.

 

 

A/N: Short chapter but I think that it ends nicely here despite being so short. The song in the middle is one that I really like, "Period" by Chemistry, it isn't K-Pop but I thought that the lyrics were nice even if sad and ironic... "あいにみちたぬくもりからだじゅうかけめぐるにどときえることないきおくが。。。 ともにいきてくみらいのために." are the actual lyrics, this is just a translation. If you like the lyrics and have the time, look into the song! So this chapter is basically the lead up to some HunHan so look forward to it! The "I sing for you," kind of comes from this song called "Kokoro," and I've written it into a different story if you want to check that out and are feeling especially angsty. [Shameless self-promotion]