Closer

Silence (On Hiatus)

Word Count: ~ 1.2 k

 

Yixing asked Jongin if he could convince Sehun to confess to Luhan, so Jongin took another crack at convincing his stubborn friend.

 

“Do we really need to do this now?” Sehun whined. “How do you know that this will work out?  Do you know whom he likes? What if he likes someone else? What if he isn’t even gay?”

“Have you seen that boy? Is there any way in hell that he is actually straight?” Jongin pointed out.

“I guess not, but it’s a legitimate concern! Wait. So you know whom he likes? Who is it?”

“You won’t know until you ask,” Jongin said annoyingly and mysteriously.

“You’re a real jerk, you know that Kim Jongin?” Sehun grumbled.

“And you complain a lot,” Jongin replied before sipping his bubble tea. “Just tell him how you feel and I’m sure things will turn out the way they are meant to.”

“And how are they meant to turn out?”

“You’ll see,” Jongin hummed. “But now we get to discuss how you’re going to tell him. I was thinking that you should recite epic poetry as you get down on one knee and hold a flower out to him, almost like you’re proposing to him.”

“Are you really trying to help or are you just trying to make me look like a complete idiot?”

“Well, I’m pretty sure you can do a fine job of looking like an idiot on your own,” Jongin replied, smiling.

“I helped you when you were going through your crisis with Yixing! The least you could do is to respect the fact that I’m having the same trouble and expect the same degree of help!” Sehun pouted and took a sip of bubble tea.

“Why don’t you arrange for the four of us to go out for bubble tea and Yixing and I will magically both have something mysteriously come up. That thing is not , just for the record,” he added when Sehun grinned deviously. “Well once the two of you have had your fun with joking about our love life, you can take the opportunity to ask him to go out with you,” Jongin said. “Unless you ask, he can’t say ‘yes’.”

“Well he can’t say ‘no,’ either,” Sehun replied pessimistically.

“Have faith.” Sehun pulled a sour face. “I’ll just set up the circumstances, you’re going to have to take it from there. So when are you free?”

“Anytime this week after school,” Sehun replied.

“Okay, I’ll check quickly with Yixing and Luhan.” He shot off a quick text to Yixing including Jongin’s plan. A few minutes later, he got a reply. “Okay, they’re free Thursday after school around five.”

“Okay. That works.”

Jongin replied to the text. On the other side of the phone, Yixing pitched a similar plan to Luhan.

 

--

 

Sehun wondered whether he could just stay like that for the rest of his life, whether he could stay right by Luhan’s side, feeling his warmth. Deep down, he knew that life wasn’t like that; fate was never so kind.

“Hyung?” Sehun asked softly.

“Hm?”

“What am I going to do about university?”

“You’ll go on medical leave for a while, get accustomed to your circumstances, and then go back,” Luhan replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“You really think I can go back like nothing has happened?”

“It’s not like you’ll be going back as if nothing has happened, but I think you’ll find a way to cope, we’ll find a way to cope. We can find a semblance of normalcy and everything will be fine.” Sehun’s deer-eyed boyfriend’s endless optimism was oftentimes annoying, but at times like this, it was reassuring. Even if the sky were crashing down, Sehun could rely on Luhan’s brightness to keep him grounded.

“Promise me you’ll never leave me hyung. I don’t want to be in the dark alone.”

“I’ll stay with you forever,” Luhan replied, squeezing Sehun’s shoulder. “How could I leave my cute dongsaeng, my precious person?”

Sehun snuggled in as close as he possibly could. “I wish we could just stay like this forever. It’s warm and I have someone who loves me and who will never let me go. That’s all I need, food aside.” As if on cue, his stomach echoed his thoughts with a soft growl. Luhan chuckled.

“I’ll make us breakfast,” he replied, sliding out of bed and padding out to the kitchen. Sehun heaved a long sigh before sliding out of bed himself. Even though he had lived in the flat for the past decade or so, he ran into the doorframe with a dull thump. Everything was so different with his vision gone.

“Are you okay? It sounded like you ran into the doorframe,” Luhan inquired when Sehun made his way out to the kitchen. Luckily there were no steps on his path to his breakfast. He was sure that if there were, he would have broken his face and had to go back to the hospital for being stupid.

“I’m fine,” he replied sullenly, feeling his way for a chair on the other side of the counter. “I’m just going to need to work on not tripping over things or running into things. After I run into things a couple more times, I’ll get the hang of it.”

“Let me help you so you don’t damage yourself too much.”

“Because I know you’re going to insist until I give in, I’ll agree to you helping me, but I don’t want you falling behind in your classes, so I’m only letting you do it after school or on weekends,” he teased.

“Okay fine,” Luhan conceded, giggling. “What are you going to do about food?”

“I’ll just order a bunch of take-out and charge it to Joonmyun’s account.”

“Why don’t you call your Joonmyun ‘father’? He is your father, after all.”

“He isn’t here often enough to be a real father so I’ll call him by his name. ‘Father’ requires some sort of sentiment, the sort I don’t feel toward the man.” Luhan sighed in exasperation.

“I’m not going to let you eat every single meal as takeout. I’ll make you dinner and breakfast if I can so you don’t get fat. It’s not healthy.”

“And this is why I love you. You’re so caring and cute,” Sehun said to his boyfriend, leaning his face on his hand and smiling.

“I’m not cute, I’m manly! I’m also older than you,” Luhan complained cutely.

“Yeah, sure. You may be older than I am, but I’m definitely the seme here.” Sehun could tell that Luhan was pouting cutely and wished that he could find his way into the kitchen to hug his boyfriend around the waist and give him a quick peck on the lips. He also wanted to keep his face in tact. “Come here for a sec,” he said. Luhan obliged and Sehun could locate him by his footfalls. He slid off the stool and hugged Luhan around the waist, stealing a quick kiss. He could get around this whole blindness thing, he thought to himself with a smirk. Of course, Luhan had to be willing; but he always was.

 

 

A/N: Luhan and Sehun are getting things back on track and HunHan in the past is happening! Yay! This story updates kind of slowly but please bear with me!