Chapter 5

Amnesia



To be honest, I was a little scared to come back home. I just disappeared for a few days and all I left behind was a little note. Also, on my way to Seoul I noticed that I left my cellphone at home so they had no possibility of contacting me. On the other hand I was happy to be back home, though. I'm not going to lie, I liked Seoul but nothing is better than home after all.

"I'm back."

"Welcome back. I'm so glad you're okay! We got a call from the hospital that you fainted and had to stay for a couple days! What happened?!" Father asked.

"Oh I just... ate something bad. I'll be fine soon."

"Okay." Mother said normally but I still felt like she wasn't believing it.

"So, did anything else happen? Were you finally able to remember something?" Father asked.

"N-No, nothing happened. Unfortunately I still can't remember anything.." I sighed, pondering whether I should tell them about the man calling me 'Felicity' or not. In the end I decided to keep it to myself for now since I didn't want them to worry about me being bothered by strangers.

"I'll go and rest in my room." I said, walked up to my room and sat on my bed. I just couldn't get that man out of my head. The way my heart was pounding when I looked into his eyes... Was this love at first sight?... Before I could think about it any more I fell asleep.





The next day I continued with my normal work. My parents and I decided to just not talk much about what happened in the past week. Even if everyone in the village did the same thing, I was still upset at my parents' behavior. However, I somehow got my 'revenge' on them by staying away for a long time and having them worry for me, even though it was unintentional.

Today the work seemed to go by pretty quickly. Even Mother and Father said that I seemed a lot more energetic and happy today and that they haven't seen me smile like that for some time. For some reason I feel like it is connected to this man from the hospi-- NO! Get that person out of your head, Jihye!

In the evening I was sitting on my bed, extremely bored may I add, when I remembered the paper with this guy's number on it. I looked for it in my jacket and after I found it, I pondered whether I should contact him or not. Then I thought: What do I have to lose? I picked up the phone and wanted to save his number when I realized that I don't even know his name. I guess I have to give him a call then! So I dialed his number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Hello! Um... This is Jihye." What is wrong with me!! Why am I so nervous?!

"Oh yes! This beautiful voice can only belong to my Jihye!"

"W-Wha--...'Y-your'...?" I sighed. Suddenly I was worried: Was he going to play with me and my feelings?

"I knew I shouldn't have called.." I mumbled.

Just when I was about to hang up I heard his voice again, though this time he sounded different.

"Wait, Jihye." He said seriously.

"...Y-Yes?" I said quietly.

"How was your day?" He said after a few seconds of silence.

"Uhm... Well,... it was stressful. I live on a farm. What about yours?" I tried to sound annoyed of him but had to smile anyways.

We kept talking for 3 hours without either of us realizing how fast the time passed. It was late at night so we had to stop the conversation, since we both have to work on the next day after all. After the call I was smiling brightly while getting ready to sleep when I realized that I forgot to ask him for his name! However, after this call I knew exactly what name to save him as. I walked up to my phone on my nightstand, typed something in, laughed at my own little joke and laid down in my bed. I picked my phone back up and stared at the name.

'Mr. Womanizer'.





The days passed quickly and it was time to pick up Aeyoung from Seoul. Since she wanted to look around Seoul some more we decided to drive back to the village in the evening. When I told... "Mr. Womanizer"... about me coming to Seoul again, he asked whether we could have lunch together and since I knew that father had to go to Seoul earlier for an appointment anyways, I agreed. So here I was, sitting in a fancy restaurant with a handsome young man, having a lovely conversation with him for hours once again.

"So, before I once more forget to ask you. What's your name?"

"You can call me Chen."

"Chen? I thought you're Korean?"

"I am, but you have to find my real name out by yourself. That will be the moment you will remember everything, right? Until then, I'm Chen." He smiled that beautiful smile at me.

"Wait, wait, wait.. What do you mean 'The moment I will remember'?"

"Well... I heard about your Amnesia. You can't remember anything, right? I'm positive that you're my Felicity!"

That was it.

"You really don't get it, do you?..." I mumbled and got ready to leave.

"Once and for all! I'm not that woman!" I yelled and left the building.


I was just walking around in the city, aimlessly. Where was I supposed to go? I didn't know anything here. Then I heard 'Chen' calling me from behind but I just ignored it. He managed to catch up to me and turned me around.

"What do you want?" I tried to sound as cold as possible.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned anything."

"No. You shouldn't even think like that. How did you find out about my amnesia anyways? Did you spy on me?"

"I... asked the doctor. You know, we kind of... know each other well so..."

"So he told you and ignored the confidentiality?"

"Don't be angry at him. I made him talk."

"We don't even know each other for a week and you already hurt me and misused my trust. Just don't talk to me now."

After a few seconds he let go of my arm and I walked away from him. Even though I have amnesia, I knew the feeling of pain but I don't feel like it ever hurt me like this. Why did it hurt so much this time?








__________

Hello~!!~!!~!!
Happy New Year!
Gosh, it's already 2014!! >_<
I hope you all had a great start for the new year and I wish all the best to all of you! <3
So, did you already suspect who the guy was? You probably did! :) I don't (*cough* more like "can't") really make secrets of situations... I would probably rat myself out at some part of the story so...yeah... XD
Anyways, I hope you guys like it! <3