Chapter 4

Amnesia



I entered the room Aeyoung was laying in and it broke my heart to see her with bruises all over her. Just imagining what she had to go through makes me want to cry for her. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and just held her hand while she was sleeping peacefully. Even though I barely knew her, I felt like she's the best friend I ever had. Now that I thought about it... did I have any friends? Noone ever came to visit me on the farm after I was released from the hospital...

Suddenly I saw Aeyoung slowly open her eyes.

"Hello there. How are you doing? Do you want to eat or drink something?" I asked her while standing up.

"Oh, good morning. Well it still hurts a little bit but I guess I'm fine. I'm so hungry though!" She whined and pouted. How can a girl in my age still be so cute?

"Alright! I'll go and get you something, okay?" I smiled.

When I left her room I started to think about the man from earlier again.

The way he looked at me... His eyes held so much love and despair... To be honest, that thought made me a bit sad. I wish I had someone to look at me like that. Somehow, I was quite jealous of that Felicity.

Before I knew it I already arrived at the canteen but the smell was making me feel unwell. However, I kept choosing stuff for Aeyoung to eat but suddenly the smell got to me and I ran to the closest bin to empty my stomach.

"Miss, are you okay?" A young man asked me. He seemed to be medical assistant in this hospital.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm--" Before I could finish the sentence, I once more emptied my stomach even more.

"I don't think so, Miss. Let me bring you to a doctor."

"No! I'm fi--" Suddenly everything became blurry and I fainted.





I woke up feeling sicker than I thought possible. Was I laying in the hospital? It must be. Everything seems so familiar here. After laying in the bed for about ten minutes I couldn't hold back anymore. I ran to the bathroom to throw up once more. Then I heard the door open and a girl calling my name.

"Jihye? Are you here?"

"Aeyoung? Is that you?"

"Oh! Are you okay? You didn't come back from getting food so I went to see what's going on and I saw a young doctor carrying you to this room here. What happened?"

"Hmm... not much. I just puked my guts out in front of about 50 people in the canteen?" I chuckled at my own joke.

Just when Aeyoung was about to go crazy on why that happened, a female doctor in her mid 30s entered the room and asked Aeyoung to wait outside while she talks to me.

"Well, good thing it wasn't something serious but just a normal reaction. You did sleep quite long, two days to be precise, probably because of a lot of stress. Please rest more. However, you and the baby are fine."

""Uhm... excuse me? Could you please repeat that?"

"I said 'you and the baby are fine'." So I did hear right...

"But..." My mind was still trying to process the received information.

"You need to regularly come for checkups from now on. Please make an appointment at the front desk and get back to me if something isn't right."

"Y-Yes." The doctor shook the my hands and walked towards the door.

"Take care." That was the last thing I heard before she opened the door for Aeyoung to come in and left.

"So... what is it?" She looked at me worriedly.

I walked towards the chair and slumped into it. Aeyoung looked at me worriedly but when she saw the first few tears fall from my eyes she ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"I'm pregnant..." I whispered in between sobs.

"What?!"

"I'm pregnant... and I don't know who the father is..."

"Oh... uhm... well..."

Just then I realized that she must think I'm the kind of girl that sleeps with a lot of guys. I mean, come on, what other reason would there be for a girl not to know who the father of their child is?

"No, it's not like that... can we... go somewhere else? I'll tell you everything."





We received the permission to go outside went to a café near the hospital since I didn't really want to go back to the canteen after what happened last time. I told Aeyoung everything starting from me not remembering anything after waking up in a hospital.

"So... do you think the father might be someone from the village? Or is it someone from before you moved back to your parents?" She asked me.

"I don't know..."

"Don't you have any pictures at your house of you and any guy?"

"To be honest, I've never seen a picture of me around..."

"Hmm... maybe it's at your old place. I mean, you didn't permanently moved to your parents, right?"

"I didn't?"

"Huh? Well, that's what I was told. You are in the village for vacation."

"I see..." There was just too much information for me to take in for today.

"Can we talk about something else? My head is about to explode. We can keep worrying when we're back in the village." I tried to smile. It seemed like it didn't work because Aeyoung looked at me weirdly but nevertheless smiled afterwards.

We just talked about random things until it got dark. We went back to the hospital so Aeyoung can rest more.

"The doctor said I can go in three days. Will you be here with me? I don't want to face the village by myself."

"Of course! I'll come and pick you up. But for now make sure you rest well, okay?"

"Yes, mommy! No pun intended." She grinned at me and disappeared in her hospital room. I just shook my head smilingly and turned around to walk to the taxi that was already waiting outside when I hit something hard which almost made my fall on the floor. That is, if someone wouldn't have caught me.

"So we meet again."

I looked up to find the man that called me Felicity holding me up.

"Don't touch me!!" I pushed him away from me.

"Hey, without me you would've landed on your !" He pouted. "Listen, I think we started off on the wrong foot."

"There was no foot to start off on in the first place..."

"Oh my! Now that broke my heart, Miss Jihye!" He touched his chest with one hand and his forehead with the palm of the other hand, tilting his head back. Okay, now he started being overdramatic... Wait... what did I just hear?!

"Hey! How do you know my name?!"

"You told me last time, dear. I have the habit of remembering beautiful women." He smiled cheekily at me. I felt my cheeks warming up.

"W-Well, excuse me. I have the habit of forgetting about conversations with womanizers." Suddenly he walked closer to me.

"I'm just joking around~ No need to blush and stutter." He winked.

"What?! Hey! How can you act like that to me and try to find some other girl at the same time?!"

"Who says I haven't found her already?"

"Huh...?" For some reason, that made my heart shatter a bit.

"Once again, I'm just kidding. Hey, I gotta go now but give me a call, yeah?" He smiled, handing me a piece of paper with a number on it and walked away before I could say anything else.

I just stared at the piece of paper in my hand when suddenly I remembered...

"Oh no, the taxi!!"








__________

Hello~!
I know I keep you guys waiting for our lovely EXO member but please bear with it for now~~<3
It'll make sense, okay? :)
See you? :*