Chapter 3

Amnesia



I stood up from my bed feeling horrible. I wasn't able to get any sleep after what I found out yesterday and I just couldn't get rid of the feeling that something would happen soon. Aeyoung and her family didn't leave my mind anymore so I decided to check on her in the afternoon.





When I was finally done with the farm work sooner than I thought I began to walk to Aeyoung's place but as soon as I reached the Hwang's front door I heard a scream from inside the house so I went around the house and found a window open. I climbed inside and followed the sounds. They came from the end of the hallway. I silently walked there. The door was open so I peeked inside and found Aeyoung leaning against the wall with her face swollen and her father beating her up.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I pulled the attention to me. Anything to make him stop beating her up. They both looked at me shocked. Her father let go of her and walked towards me with the scariest expression I've ever seen. I started to run away but I tripped and fell which let him catch up to me. He lifted me up and pushed me against the wall. I saw Aeyoung limping towards the front door. That's when I heard it. Sirens. Police cars were near.

"Help!! Please help!!" I heard her yell after she opened the door.

Before Aeyoung's father was able to seriously hurt me, the police came running inside the house and after the father who tried to run away, making me slide down the wall. However, he couldn't find a way outside of the house so they managed to catch him pretty quickly. It seems like the more muscles he had, the less brains he had...

Also, since Aeyoung also told the police about her brother, they also managed to catch Aeyoung's brother who was cluelessly coming back from the city. He saw the police cars but since their house was at the entrance of the village and the streets were narrow, he didn't manage to turn back around with his car quickly enough.

After being questioned by the police men, I sat down on the bench in the backyard where the flower field was. Aeyoung sat down next to me after making us tea.

"Why did he beat you up this time? When did you call the police?"

"Father found out that I was at your place yesterday and didn't like it, especially after you prevented my brother from seriously hurting me. I managed to get away from him at first and locked my door. I called the police before he was able to break down my door. Then I just had to... endure it."

"What a brave girl. You had the guts to call the police in that kind of situation on that kind of man."

"It's thanks to you. I knew you'd come!" She smiled at me like a little child.

"Of course! I told you I'd help you! Hey... wait... he gave you a cellphone? Is he stupid?..."

"He is but no he didn't... my mother did. She didn't die a natural death. She gave me the cellphone and told me to use it when I can't take it anymore."

"Why didn't you use the cellphone when she was alive?"

"We were both too scared. Even the whole village knew but noone wanted to help us. They were all too scared. Noone wanted to get involved because they didn't want to end up like me and my mother. Noone could help us."

"I'm sorry."

"No. I have to thank you. You kept your promise. It's over, right?" She looked at me hopefully.

"Yes. You're free. So what are you going to do now? Your father and your brother are gone. Actually, you should live with us! We could need some help."

"I'm sorry but I'll have to decline that offer. I want to keep the flower shop going."

"All alone?"

"Yes. I can do it. For my mother. It was her flower shop. She loved flowers so I want to keep the business going on her behalf." She looked up at the sky.

"If you ever need help, call me." I smiled.

"I will. But I think you should go home now. I bet your parents worry a lot. The police said they'll take me to the hospital in town. It seems like I'll be there for a while..."

"Oh no! You're right! They're not able to leave the farm but I bet they heard the ruckus and are worried! I hope you get better fast! Tell me which hospital and I'll visit you, okay? Here's our number. I'll be on my way now! Thanks for the tea!! " I stood up, left the cup and ran towards my house but I heard Aeyoung laugh behind me. That little...!





"I'm home!" I yelled and as soon as I ran through the front door I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Are you hurt?! Did he touch you?! Do you know how worried we were?! Where were you all this time?!" Mother yelled as she twisted and turned my body to look for any sign of me being hurt.

"I'm fine mother. But Aeyoung wasn't this whole time and you knew it. How could you let this man do this to her?"

"He would've destroyed us if we stepped up against him."

"So you let him destroy a little girl and her mother...? I'm tired. I'll go to sleep. Now, if you'll excuse me." I said and walked past her towards my room.

"But--!" By that time I already slammed my door shut and heard mother sigh loudly from behind the door.





The next morning I called a taxi to Seoul before getting ready to check on Aeyoung. When I was done and left my room, I saw a piece of paper next to the phone with the address. I left a message next to the phone, stating where I am, left the house and saw the taxi already waiting so I entered and gave the driver the piece of paper.





We were entering the outskirts of Seoul and I was already amazed. I didn't really pay attention to Seoul when my parents brought me home after my stay in the hospital. I was just staring at all the skyscrapers and the beauty of this city but suddenly the car stopped and I found myself in front of the hospital. I paid the driver with the money I secretly took from my parents and went into the hospital. The front lady gave me the number of Aeyoung's room and I started walking towards that room's direction. Suddenly I heard a ruckus nearby.

"Liz!! Liz!! Felicity!!" I heard someone scream around from a bit further away.

What is wrong with him, screaming around like this in the middle of the streets?! But then I felt someone grab my arm and roughly turn me around.

"Liz!! Where were you all this time?! Everyone is worrying!!" A man yelled at me having a tight grip on my wrist.

"Do I know you?.."

"What?... What do you mean 'do you know me'?..."

"Sir, I've never seen you before. Let go please."

"What? Felicity, did I do something wrong that you're like this to me? Don't avoid me anymore, please!" Eyes with a sad and hurt expression looked at me.

"I think I'm not the person you're looking for, Sir. I'm sorry." I turned back towards my original direction and was about to walk away when I was once again turned around. That was the last straw.

"Listen, Sir. My name is Jihye. I don't know who that Felicity girl is so do not touch me again!"

With that I forcefully pulled my arm away from his hand and stomped away from him and towards the Aeyoung's hospital room.








__________

@damnitsfiction: Hey~ thank you very much! :D Yes, Chen will have his entrance soon!....(or maybe he already did? ;) who knows~ haha)

to everyone: btw, if you're someone that would like to do a poster or you know someone that would like to do that, please tell me! >_< hehe~
See you~<3