twenty-eight; too little, too late

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After saying goodbye to her friends, the Infinite girlfriends, Miyoung headed home to get all her things before going to the airport. Last night, she decided to go back to L.A. She thought it must be better for her to be away. Sunggyu wanted them both not to see each other there was no point in staying here for long. Besides, her mom wanted to go back to L.A to take care of her business first before going back to Seoul as what she had agreed with her husband. Since both of them decided to give their marriage a chance, they wanted to spend time with each other more. Though Miyoung decided not to go back to Seoul with her mom. After all, there's no reason for her to go back.

Once she arrived home, she didn't waste time and gathered all her bags. Moments later, she and her mother were heading to the airport. On the way, her mom called her husband to let him know that they're on the their way. After the call, she told her that her dad was coming along to the airport to see them before their flight.

Miyoung sighed. She was definitely happy for her parents' situation but at the same time, she was sad and bothered for herself. There's no need to talk with Sunggyu for the last time. Because the last time they did, it didn't end well.

She closed her eyes as memories of them flooded her mind. It was sweet yet painful. Bittersweet, indeed. She felt the back of her eyes burning from tears and she squeezed her eyes shut. Nope, she didn't want to cry. She had enough of it the last time. She's tired of crying her heart out and that was the last thing she wanted to do right now.

"You okay, honey?" Her mom asked while driving.

She opened back her eyes and looked at her. A small smile spread on her lips. "Yeah, mom. I'm fine. I just can't wait to be back home."

She smiled back. "Are you sure you don't want to go back here with me after I take care of everything?"

"Nope. I'm sure, mom."

"Okay, if that's what you want." She said. "But anyway, you can still change your mind. I have like a week before I'll go back here."

Miyoung doubted that though. She made up her mind—she's not going back here, at least not this early. Maybe after she'd moved on from Sunggyu. Which would probably take a year or more.

She sighed and rested her head against the headrest. She decided to close her eyes for a moment while waiting to arrive at the airport. Minutes later, they were finally there. However, they have half an hour to wait before their flight. Her father came ten minutes after them. Her parents talked with each other but Miyoung didn't bother to listen. She just closed her eyes again and pretended to sleep. Sunggyu kept on appearing in her mind though no matter how she tried not to think about him. She will surely miss him that for sure.

Damn. You're not helping yourself Miyoung-ah, she scolded herself silently. She's going to leave Seoul now, might as well start to forget him now. She took Sunggyu out of her mind and instead tried to clear her head. But she couldn't seem to do it. She can't help herself thinking about him—if he was doing okay or was he bothered and in pain just like her? She really couldn't help herself.

Before she knew it, the thirty minutes was finally over. She hugged her father and muttered her goodbye. Her mom did the same thing as well. As they started to walk away, her father asked, "Have you spoken to Sunggyu?"

She suddenly got goosebumps. "Hmm? Why would I talk to him?"

He was smiling so brightly, unaware of the turmoil she was feeling at the moment. "I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter