The Beginning of the First Move

Experiment 113: Outlast

“Sungyeol, Niel,” stated CAP, as he and Myungsoo hesitantly out into the halls of the building, peeking up and down the corridor for any possible danger, only to see the two males farther off down the hall.

Niel and Sungyeol turned to look at them in shock, Niel turned towards the duo, “What is it, hyungs? Why did you follow us? We’re honestly going to be coming back in a couple of minutes.”

“We’re just following Sunggyu’s orders,” muttered Myungsoo eyeing the duo, “There is something you aren’t telling us, isn’t there?”

Sungyeol took a deep breath and looked towards the younger two and nodded, “Upon stepping into this place…our group is going to be separated…Those who know what they are  - whether they are a mental or physical vessel – are going to be separated from those who do not…”

“So, in other words, we’re going to be forced to separate and try to escape on our own?” questioned Myungsoo.

Sungyeol nodded before Niel continued on with explaining, “All the shadow is telling us is that…we’re going to be separated – we all are going to be separated for a while.”

“Separated? As in, we’re all going to be traveling around on our own?” questioned CAP.

Niel nodded and continued on, “The only thing is though, we don’t know if it’s going to be as soon as we enter or later…”

“What are you talking about?” questioned CAP.

“We don’t know if upon entering we’ll all be separated or if we’ll be separated one by one,” muttered Niel.

“Why don’t you ask the shadow?” questioned Myungsoo, moving towards the duo.

Sungyeol turned to face Myungsoo as he whispered, “Upon the chair smashing through the window, he’s fallen silent – he told us that he’s given us enough clues and now it’s up to us to survive this hell.”

Myungsoo looked at the elder, reaching for the male only to freeze as Sungyeol grabbed his hand staring at it in shock, “Y-your hand…it’s practically shredded by the glass…why did you follow me – us?”

Myungsoo looked at the other in shock, “What do you mean it’s injured?” Sungyeol motioned towards it, causing the younger to look down at his own hand – a gasp echoed through the halls as L saw his bloodied hands before looking towards the elder, “W-why can’t I feel pain?”

“You’re both physical vessels,” muttered Niel, noticing that CAP was in the same condition.

“What do you mean?” whispered Myungsoo.

“It’s been decided what team you two are on for the game,” whispered Niel – fear glistened in his eyes as he peered at L and CAP, “Oh god don’t tell me…”

“What?” questioned the duo.

“N-nothing,” stated Niel suddenly taking back his previous words, “Don’t worry about it…Let’s just head back to the window and back to the others.”

“Alright,” responded the other three, L and CAP shared a look before moving forwards, following Niel while Sungyeol trailed behind them.

As they passed through the short hall that lead to the room they came from, they took time to observe their surroundings. The faded paint on the walls was chipping off, leaving the wood visible and the floor boards croaked and groaned with each of their steps, sounding as though it couldn’t handle their weight – not matter how light or heavy they were. There was a metal railing that lined each floor, permitting people to down at the ground floor – which didn’t seem to have any lights on.

“Nothing good will come out of this place,” whispered CAP, looking over the railing, only to feel Niel’s hand wrapping around his wrist.

“Don’t lean over it hyung, who knows how strong or sturdy that is,” stated Niel, worry plaguing his mind as he stared into the darkness – he could feel the old insanity creeping up his spine a bit, but he fought it back.

“I know, Niel,” stated CAP, stepping away from the railing and moving into the room as they approached it.

“Sungyeol-hyung,” muttered Myungsoo, looking towards the taller and elder male who was following the NAP couple silently, his facial expression contorted into one of fear, “What is wrong, hyung?”

“Myungie,” whispered Sungyeol, “I don’t know why, but I feel as though not all of us are going to make it through this…”

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol to see the serious and worry in the elder’s eyes as he spoke up, fear shone in his eyes as well as he peered at the elder man as he whispered, “Hyung…I wish to comfort you, but something in my head – in my brain is telling me that not all of us are going to.”

Sungyeol swallowed thickly as he peered at the younger male, “What if not all of us do survive this?”

“Th-then…I don’t know hyung, those of us remaining escape this hell hole so that the death or deaths were not in vain,” whispered Myungsoo, his heart sinking at the idea of one of the thirteen passing away.

Their attention was drawn away from each other as they all gently climbed out of the window again, only to hear a loud and angry sounding grunt from somewhere in the building – it sounded like it had been coming from the hall the four had just come from.

 

Upon the four’s exit from the building, Sunggyu stood up from where he had previously been bandaging up L.Joe – his glare directed towards Niel and Sungyeol, “What were you two thinking!?”

“We were going to scope out the area,” stated Sungyeol, “There is something in there waiting for us upon our entrance…we wanted to see if we could get a glance of it to see what we’re up against.”

“Don’t do that again,” muttered Sunggyu in anger, “I don’t care if there is danger a head or not, we need to stick together.”

“We’re not going to be able to do so,” whispered Niel, peering at Sunggyu, “Something is in there waiting for us, waiting to split us all up.”

Sunggyu looked at him, “We can at least start together.”

“Yeah, power comes with greater numbers,” stated Woo Hyun, smiling as he leaned against the elder male, resting his head on the elder’s shoulders.

“Along with it comes the greater possibility of dying,” stated the magnae, causing everyone to turn their attention towards Changjo.

“W-what was that Changjo?” muttered Ricky, who thought he had heard the youngest male in the group wrong.

“Traveling in a larger group also brings about a greater possibility to be caught and killed,” muttered Changjo, “Especially when we can’t fight.”

They all stared at Changjo in shock before looking towards the gate they all came through long ago, hearing the loud clutter of the metal as the monsters from outside got even closer to getting in through the gates.

“Big group or not, we need to get out of here,” stated Sunggyu, “L.Joe, are you well enough to move on your own.”

The younger male nodded, “As I said before, I can barely feel the pain.”

Sunggyu nodded, before turning to the two whom were the most spooked of the thirteen, “Sungjong, Chunji…”

“We’ll be fine,” muttered Sungjong, latching back onto his brother’s arm as he stood up with the help of the apologetic Sungyeol.

Sungyeol ran his fingers through the younger’s hair, whispering, “I’m not going to let us get separated this time around…I promise.”

Sungjong calmed down at the elder male’s words, “Don’t go running off then.”

“I won’t,” whispered Sungyeol, smiling warmly towards his brother before turning towards Chunji to see that the younger was at L.Joe’s side again.

“Then we’re ready to go again?” questioned Sunggyu.

The others nodded and one by one they climbed into the window, being cautious of the little remaining glass that was still left there. Upon entering the room, they all could feel the shadows shrouding them, surrounding them, choking them with its suffocating grasp.

“This is going to be a whole lot harder than we originally thought,” whispered Hoya, “It’s going to be harder than last time – we  are all so close to our breaking points.”

Dongwoo nodded and wrapped his arm around Hoya, despite the fear that bubbled up in his stomach, he whispered, “It is, but the least we can do is die trying to escape.”

Hoya nodded, but bit his lip, not liking the idea of anybody dying. 

 

I know this chapter is pretty random and I'm sorry for that...I'm currently fighting through writers block, so hopefully this isn't too bad. Also, I was in a constant struggle with my eleven year old cat who has started to develop a habit of laying on my hands and the keyboard of my laptop if I ignore her when she wants attention...Anyway, back on topic, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to update again soon after all it shouldn't be too hard to write from here on out since they've finally made it into the Asylum. 

Oh, and one final thing, I'm sorry if this is boring anyone in anyway, I promise the horor will begin yet again with the next chapter. I just had to bulid up the story first!

Comments are appreciated, but in no way necessary. ^^