U-Kwon's Story

Experiment 113: Outlast

Ignoring the darkness that was slowly settling over the hallways, Yukwon kept moving forward – he felt something pulling him in the direction he was heading and he had a good idea of who was waiting for him on the other side of the pull. As he continued to move forward, he tried hard not to get his hopes up, figuring that there was a good possibility of it not being him, of it being someone else – he tried to keep his hopeful thinking to a bare minimum, knowing that it was highly unlikely that he is still alive after running around by himself for days – possibly even weeks or months. It was unlikely that you could survive in this hell hole by yourself for a long period of time – which was why he himself was slowly regretting his decision to split away from both his previous group and the others that he had just met with.

Yukwon jumped as he heard something – or someone – stumbling behind him, tripping over some part of the random debris that lay around in the halls. in a deep breath, Yukwon glanced over his shoulder, only to breathe out a sigh of relief as he saw the two familiar figures.

“What are you two doing here?” questioned Yukwon, turning on his heel to face the two males who looked slightly guilty, “Why did you leave the others? Why are you following me?”

Sensing that it was no use to lie, Dongwoo spoke up, “I-I didn’t want you to be alone.”

Yukwon stared at Dongwoo in slight disbelief, “Why would you care that I wondered off on my own? That I was by myself? Why would you separate from your friends? I thought the whole point of you guys moving together was to meet up with the rest of your group, not to separate and become even smaller groups...”

“We’ll be fine,” muttered Dongwoo, “They will be fine…we did this before in the doctor’s mansion, surely we’ll be able to meet up again in here.”

“You guys met up again based on pure luck,” responded Yukwon, slightly annoyed that the two would do that for him, but at the same time touched by the two’s actions.

“Then, we’ll count on luck to bring us all together again, again,” responded Dongwoo, his hand still clasped tightly in Hoya’s, trying hard not to show the newcomer – well, newcomer to him and Hoya at least – that he was not regretting his decision to split up from the rest of their group.

Yukwon stared at Dongwoo in disbelief, “You really want to trust in something that doesn’t really exist to bring you back to your friends?”

Dongwoo nodded, “I’ve done it once before, so it’s nothing new.”

Yukwon shook his head at Dongwoo’s words before spinning on his heel again and continuing on towards the thing that was pulling on his mind, the thing pulling him in the direction he had previously been heading prior to Dongwoo and Hoya’s entrance.

“If you want to follow me then I guess you guys can, but do not blame me when you all can’t find your group mates again,” responded Yukwon, trying to keep a cold front up despite how thankful he was for the others following him – despite how he was thankful he didn’t have to wonder around alone again.

They continued through the corridors in silence, Yukwon in disbelief that the two were still actually following him while Dongwoo and Hoya were silent as they thought of things they wanted to inquire the other about.

“So…how did you end up here?” inquired Dongwoo, “Here in the asylum?”

“I don’t remember,” responded Yukwon, understanding that the other was just talking to break the tension that was slowly building up around them, “I-I…I just remember being with my family one second and waking up here the next…Well, the mansion, not this damn asylum.”

Dongwoo hummed, “So you don’t remember it as well?”

“What?” responded Yukwon, looking over his shoulder and back at Dongwoo and Hoya, “Don’t remember what?”

“What your life was like prior to the mansion,” stated Hoya, “When we were in the mansion, we could all recall what our lives were like prior to entering this hell hole, becoming the doctor’s experiments, but upon escaping the mansion our memories have begun to fade and we’re not actually positive how we ended up in here anymore…”

Yukwon stopped walking in shock, “So, what you all are saying is that you don’t know who you are anymore?”

“Well, we know who we are, just not who we were,” responded Hoya, “I-I know in some way I’m related to Sungjong and Sungyeol, but I-I’m not sure how anymore.”

Yukwon nodded in understanding, looking at Dongwoo and Hoya before continuing forward in the hallway, deciding that it would probably be best if they did not stop randomly. The silence fell over them once again as they all tried to recall who they were and what their lives were like prior to entering the asylum – well, mansion.

“Were you always by yourself?” asked Dongwoo, unable to take the silence any longer, “Or where you apart of a group?”

“I was a part of a group,” responded Yukwon, “We started out in the mansion like you all, but unlike you all, we were unable to stick together…things happened and we broke apart...some even dying.”

Dongwoo nodded, wondering what had happened in the time Yukwon was actually in a group.

“You guys are probably curious as to what had happened to the group, huh?” muttered Yukwon, earning a nod from the duo, both of whom were really interested in what had happened – both of whom were interested in Yukwon’s story.

“I was put into the mansion with ten others,” muttered Yukwon, “During our time in the mansion, one of our group mates, who went by the name of P.O. went insane…H-he hunted us down – not even his lover could calm him down, talk him out of it. He e-ended up killing another member of our group Jae Hyo…”

Dongwoo and Hoya held their breath, zoning out for a little bit upon realizing that what had happened with P.O. could’ve happened to Niel – Niel could’ve become like P.O., he could’ve killed someone else in their group off. They both became more aware of the fact they had really been lucky when they were in the mansion.

“P-P.O. was t-then put to rest by his lover T-Taeil, I-I had offered to do it in his stead, but Taeil was determined that it was his duty to put him down…h-he didn’t want anyone else to touch P-P.O…” muttered Yukwon, frowning, “H-He ended up killing P.O. since there was no way that we c-could bring him back, we had tried time and time again and nothing would work…so Taeil just…he just ended it once and for all, he f-freed P.O. from himself…”

The duo nodded in understanding, figuring that it had to be a subject that Yukwon had difficulty speaking about.

“Our group only continued to decrease in number, a-after freeing P.O., two more of our members vanished…literally,” muttered Yukwon, “One second they were trailing behind the group and the next they were gone. W-we never saw them again, so we assumed they were dead… after they just vanished, we didn’t have enough people to escape in the way the doctor designated and so, we found our own way out of the mansion…However, as we were making our escape route the B-Beast appeared and yet another member of our group was lost, Kyung…Kyung, h-he sacrificed himself for us, for our escape. He lead the beast away from us and bought us time to escape, though Zico was devastated B-Bomb convinced him to come with us – to come with us because Taeil needed him.”

Dongwoo and Hoya remained quiet, unsure of what to say because they knew that no matter what they said nothing would ever change the horrors Yukwon had seen, the hell he had been through. They couldn’t say that they understood because they – luckily – never had to go through the sorrow of losing one of their group mates.

“We wondered around outside for days, wondering in circles, until we heard the mansion come down once and for all,” muttered Yukwon, “Once we heard the building collapsing, we began to head in the opposite direction and eventually we ended up here – at the asylum. Almost instantly two more of our group members were separated from us upon entering this hell hole. Luhan and Sehun had been separated from us when the doctor randomly appeared, angry and out for blood…H-He chased after the two of them and the other four of us got away without being noticed.”

“S-So in a way you guys left them to die?” muttered Dongwoo, somewhat shocked at the news that Yukwon and the others had just left the two behind.

“I-It’s not like we could’ve helped them,” retorted Yukwon, “We all were tired, weak from days of wondering around…it’s not like we could’ve done anything for them…”

“Yeah, b-but...” muttered Dongwoo.

“Think about it,” muttered Yukwon, “If you were in that situation, wouldn’t you have done the same?”

Dongwoo nodded, “B-but…”

“We’ve done it before,” responded Hoya, “We’ve left others behind before, unsure of whether or not they’d make it back to us…so, in a way, you could say we are one in the same…”

Yukwon looked at Dongwoo from over his shoulder, seeing the guilt on the other male’s face.

“S-Sorry,” muttered Dongwoo, biting his lip, “C-continue on.”

Yukwon nodded, his guilt resurfacing as he reminisced on leaving the duo behind to fend for themselves, as he thought of all the poor decisions he and the others in his group had made, “After that we continued on into this hell hole, trying to survive and go around unnoticed by both the doctor and the beast – who had also suddenly appeared within the asylum. We’re unsure of whether or not it’s the same one from the mansion because we don’t stick around long enough to find out...” Yukwon paused for a moment, as if he was thinking about how to word the following part, “I-I don’t entirely remember how, but we somehow discovered an escape route – a way to leave this hell hole.”

“An escape route?”  Muttered Hoya in shock.

“Yeah, there is some sort of bunker you can escape from, apparently it leads straight out onto the beach…t-the coast,” muttered Yukwon, “I’m not exactly sure of the location…b-but I’m sure that if we found a map of some sort, I could find it.”

“How do you know it even exists?”

“We learnt of it through a note we found in one of the offices,” stated Yukwon, “We assumed that it’s from a doctor to another one…they mentioned escaping through a secret passage because the doctor - as in the Esper guy – released some of the most dangerous patients because the truth about his undercover experimentation got revealed.”

“Do you think they made it out?” muttered Dongwoo, “Those doctors…”

“Who knows,” responded Yukwon, “All the letters let on was that they were going to try to flee through the hidden entrance.”

Dongwoo hummed, a little upset with Yukwon’s answer, liking Hoya’s better, “It’s hard to tell Dongwoo…it’s hard to tell.”

Hoya looked at Dongwoo to see that the older was frowning slightly and decided that it would probably be best if they carried on and got off of the subject, “So, what happened after you all discovered the note?”

“We ran into the Doctor that trapped us in the mansion, he was shocked to see that the four of us had gotten out of the mansion as well, he was shocked to learn that the four of us were still alive,” stated Yukwon, his feet leading him towards the object of his attraction – the attraction that was steadily growing stronger and stronger, “Apparently he hadn’t seen us when we first entered, apparently he had been too distracted by Sehun and Luhan…anyhow, a chase followed his discovering us – as it always does when it comes to that man – if you can really call him that.”

The duo nodded in understanding, having run into the doctor quite often in their stay in the asylum.

“Anyhow, we ran and eventually split up, Taeil and Zico going one way and B-Bomb and I the other, hoping that if the four of us didn’t make it out at least two of us would.” stated Yukwon, “After wondering around for a while as a duo, we all learned that you all had entered the asylum, we didn’t hear an exact number, just that there were more players on the field.”

Dongwoo and Hoya nodded in understanding.

 “We figured the game had changed, but we weren’t entirely sure,” muttered Yukwon, pausing in his steps as his face darkened a bit and a shadow of sorrow appeared in his eyes, “That is until B-Bomb suddenly collapsed on day when we were wondering around together. B-Bomb, he…he suddenly collapsed and started to convulse. When he stopped, he stood up and h-he just wasn’t his normal self, his expression had grown darker and his expression cold. He approached me steadily and before I even registered what was going on, I was on the ground, his foot slamming into me – hitting my torso, my legs, my arms. All it took was one blow to the head and I was unconscious…”

The two gasped in shock at the revelation.

“When I woke up, my biggest wounds were patched up and bandaged,” muttered Yukwon, smiling at the duo weakly and sadly as he continued on, “However, B-Bomb was gone…He had left me there alone.”

“What happened next?” questioned Dongwoo, curious about how the events between Yukwon and this B-Bomb guy lead to Yukwon meeting them in the security room.  

“I was devastated that he had left me, but in my heart, I knew that it was best that he did,” stated Yukwon, staring ahead of him sadly as he continued walking with the two trailing behind him a bit, “I-I couldn’t mourn over his leaving me for too long…the doctor just had to make his appearance, he didn’t spot me, but he was close to me…so, I did the only thing I could do in that situation, run for my life and silently hope that B-Bomb would make it out of this hell hole, that I’d somehow magically meet up with him again.”

“Let me guess, after that, you ran to the security room we just so happened to be hiding in,” muttered Hoya, earning a nod of confirmation from Yukwon.

“That is correct,” stated Yukwon, sorrow written on his features as he turned his gaze back towards the corridor before them, only to stop mid-step as he heard a crash and a faint humming farther down the halls.

“Little Lamb, I’ve finally found you…my little lamb…”

“,” muttered Hoya, “The doctor.”

Dongwoo trembled slightly in the younger’s hold, his hand tightening around Hoya’s as the fear settled into him yet again.

“I wonder what he means by his little lamb,” muttered Yukwon before he shook himself out of his thoughts and looked around for a place to hide, testing every door they passed as they heard the doctor’s singing steadily growing louder and louder with each passing second.

Hoya was the one to finally find an unlocked door, pushing Dongwoo into the room quickly before grabbing a hold of Yukwon and pulling him in as well. Upon entering the room again, he pressed himself against the wall, listening closely as he and the other two sat in the dark, listening to the doctor’s approaching footsteps. Upon hearing him getting closer and closer – his chilling song growing louder in volume with each passing second, the trio held their breath, feeling as though the male was just outside the room, just on the other side of the thin wall. Yukwon bit his lip as he felt his felt the pull on his mind growing steadily stronger and stronger, despite him not moving.

He wondered why the pull was suddenly growing stronger and the only reason he could come up with was that the person on the other side of the attraction was approaching him – and in turn the doctor. Just as Yukwon felt the urge to stand up and step outside the room, the pull began to fade and he heard the doctor yelling out.

“You won’t get away from me this time around little lamb, you and your blasted mates were not supposed to make it out of the mansion alive – you shouldn’t even be in this part of the game!”

Yukwon stood up again upon hearing the doctor’s thunderous footsteps running down the hall – in the direction he had previously come from. The pull on him, the unbearable attraction towards the object now being chased by the doctor, had pushed for him to stand up – and so he did. He felt the urge to run after the doctor, after the object of his attraction, but the only thing keeping him grounded, that kept him from running after them, was that he could very well be the only person alive that knew of the relative location of the secret exit – their only chance of getting out of the asylum.

As he felt the attraction growing weaker and weaker with the growing distance between him and the person on the other side of the attraction a name was forced from between his lips that had Hoya and Dongwoo peering at him in wonder.

“Minhyuk.”  

 

Sorry for my lack of updating...

It's been two months already, ouch. I didn't mean for it to take this long. 

Anyhow, the update is here now. 

I'll keep this AN short and sweet...

I love you all.

Oh, I though I'd might add that we've finally reached 150 subbies.

-