Emergency

Future Unwritten

Authors Note: Hey!~ I'm incredibly sorry for being so slow to update! As always, thank you to the people who reviewed/favourited/followed, much appreciated! And so, without further or do, here is Chapter 5!

*Disclaimer* I do not own Pokemon. (As much as I want to. TT^TT)


May POV

"What... are you wearing?" Dawn wore an expression of disgust as she spat that sentence.

"Uh... the school uniform?" I replied. She shook her head, and moved her index finger from side-to-side right in front of my face in complete disapproval. "No, no, noo! The skirt is 10cm too long, and what is that thing in your hair?" She literally gasped in horror, complete shock, or maybe both.

"A bandana?" I hesitated, despite her ultra-cute and innocent exterior, there's always a dark side, and yup, that darkness is her super-creepy obsessed over fashion side. "Ok, ok, fine I'll make the skirt a tiny bit shorter..." I'm not going to win this argument against her. (Nope I'm not a , the skirt is only up to just above my knees)

It was the next morning, after lunch, the fierce battle between us and the 'said' unbeatable Giratina Shadows will commence... But before that… It feels like I've forgotten to do something…

"Misty!" Dawn and I shouted out in perfect synchronization, with both our eyes widened in realization.

"O-oh n-no, w-whose turn is it to wake her up again?" Dawn crouched in a little corner shaking, a dark aura surrounding her. Misty in the morning, the ultimate destruction weapon, just a simple 'Misty, wake up' could lead the entire Hoenn region into non-existence. Just thinking about having to wake her up, makes me shake like a leaf.

Speaking of a leaf, I wonder what Leaf is doing? Yes, I associate her with a common green bit of nature, off a twig. I had just woken up and gotten dressed, when the crazy fashionista barged into my room and started criticizing my choice of accessories. And what is that delicious aroma of food coming from the kitchen? It smells delightful. Um... bacon and... eggs?

Leaf. I sighed, she is always so reliable. So reliable that you just want her to loosen up a bit sometimes. But that's Leaf for you, always the one who cooks breakfast, lunch and dinner, right when you need it. I ran towards the dining hall in our so-called 'dorm', yup, still looks like a mansion, even from the inside.

"Leafff! What's for breakfast?" I asked, my mouth watering from the scrumptious aroma of freshly-fried bacon. She raised her eyebrows and shook her head gently.

"Not even a simple 'hello' or 'good morning'?" She tilted her head a bit to the side, a side-ways grin pasted on her face suggestively. "Or is it that a certain greenie head is occupying to much of your brain capacity?"

I blushed several shades of red. The 'greenie' she was referring to was obviously Drew. Sure, he is pretty attractive, I'll give him that much, but come on, let's be a bit more realistic, top-spy in secret organization with supernatural powers, and an arrogant, self-centered jerk? They don't mix.

"The grass-head? As if." I replied, calmly sipping on some water Leaf had prepared for us earlier. Or was it Leaf…? I flashed her a smirk of my own.

"Hey Leafy, have you finished setting up the table yet? Oh, hey May." He waved at me.

"Hi Gary, what are you doing here with Miss Green? Not anything her Grandmother wouldn't approve of I hope."

Now it's Leaf's turn to blush, her cheeks could even rival a ripe tomato in redness. Gary was wearing an frilly apron, a spatula in one hand, and an un-cracked egg in another, he certainly looks like he was helping Leaf cook. I wonder what she has to say about this.

Leaf POV

Busted, caught in the act, whatever you want to call it.

"I-it's n-not what it looks like..." I somehow managed to squeak out. Pushing the play-boy away, frantically waving my hands, and shaking my head would prove my innocence, right? Wrong.

"Yeah, so I'm helping the pretty-lady cook for everyone, why such a shocker?" That idiot, now she knows the truth. I face-palmed mentally.

"Oh nothing, it's just, who would have thought that the Gary Oak, playboy, genius, would take an interest in cooking?" She smiled evilly, knowingly. Ha, it's my turn to reveal some unknown secret, revenge certainly is sweet.

"Gary actually LOVES to cook. Yup, now be sure to spread it around now." I attempted to shoo May out of the dining hall.

"N-no! Don't!" The 'Great Gary Oak' literally panicked. Even running around as much as he was now, you could easily tell that he was definitely embarrassed. Oh, this shall be entertaining.

"Oh don't you worry hun..." I teased while being his face towards mine to give added-effect. I heard a slight giggling sound from May, and that's when I realized that my face was incredibly close to his, with only 5cm to spare.

" I-I Uhh... I'm sorry!" Bouncing backwards to get away from him, thus falling onto my bottom with a thud.

"Um, no it's fine..." He looked away slightly from embarrassment, and if you used a microscope, you could even see specks of red popping out of his cheeks. Ah, how cute he looks right now... Leaf?! What are you saying? This play-boy is definitely not cute, pull yourself together, now!

Despite what I had just thought, the blush dusted on my face just wouldn't go away!

"Please excuse me... I'm gonna go prepare the rest of our breakfast... Be back soon." Faking a cheerful smile, I sprinted towards the kitchen, hoping to get this nonsense out of my brain.

"Leafy huh?" I heard an all-too familiar voice in my mind, followed by a snigger. "Give it up Leafy... Just tell your very best friend what happened, or you know what's gonna happen." I could hear the evil in her tone, it's the tone that says 'tell your friend May, or else nothing good is going to happen to you after'.

Sigh, May will probably freeze me into an ice cube if I don't tell her, not going to win this one. One of the traits of May Maple is that when she wants to know something, she will stop at nothing to find out, taking drastic measures such as freezing you in an ice-cube, or threatening you with razor-sharp ice swords, would be the usual method.

"Fine ill tell, but don't get any ideas." I telepathically spoke.

"Yay! Now fire away...Leafy..." She teased.


(Flashback- still Leaf POV)

Yup, time to cook breakfast. I wonder why everyone wants? May probably wants everything with that un-human appetite of hers, but then, she is not just a human, so I guess it makes sense. I opened the cupboard, grabbed the frying-pan, a spatula, and the stove.

I was just about to pour some oil on the surface, when I heard footsteps. My awesome spy-side automatically sprang into action.

"I know you're there, show yourself!" I shouted, getting into high-alert for any unexpected attacks from the enemy. I was just about to strike, when a familiar, auburn-haired boy walked in, clutching his head, and muttering something about 'hurrying up and getting cooking'.

He looked completely oblivious of his surroundings.

"Gary Oak, just what are you doing here at 6:30am?" Putting my hands on my hips. I was incredibly angry, no-one interrupts my daily cooking, a girl has got to have her own space to make magic happen.

He finally realized the situation.

"Yo! Leafy, fancy seeing you here, just couldn't wait to see me again huh? He smirked and walked towards me, waving innocently as he did. What was this guy talking about?

"For the record, I came in first to cook breakfast for my friends, and dream on." I turned my head to emphasize my point. He looked slightly disappointed at that comment. I decided not to read his mind, because I respect each person's privacy, so I let this slip.

Now that I'm all goods, I looked to the play-boy, (refrained from punching that smirking face) and realized that he had walked in with an apron on. Does that mean he came here to cook?

"Hey Gary? Did you want to cook breakfast for everyone?" I asked with genuine curiosity, I could be onto some huge blackmail here. His face reddened slightly and he turned around. Damn, his embarrassed look really was cute... Maybe I should just let him help? Who knows what this self-proclaimed genius could do? No, that is a horrible idea, what if he burns down the place? I'll just tell him to get out.

"You know, you could just help me cook, after all, two people is faster than just one right?" I flashed a smile. Argh, my brain must be stuffed up, why isn't it listening to its commands and doing was it's suppose to?

"It's... just... love..." Someone said telepathically, knowing May's weird habit of sleep-telepathing, I'd say it was her. Wait a second, she wasn't hacking into my brain was she? Or was it sheer coincidence?

"Sure Leafy! I'll be glad to help!" A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. The annoying jerk-face smirk on his face, had been replaced by a true, honest smile. He reminded me of someone, but I can't remember who...

My trail of thoughts was again interrupted by the same voice.

"What are you waiting for? We aren't going to finish on time." I looked at the clock and read the time, 6:36? I spent 6 full minutes thinking about absolute rubbish? Yup, I consider Gary pretty worthless. But my opinion may change.

"Ok, then let's get started."


(Present time)
May POV

"And that is what happened."

Wow, summarizing all of that through telepathy must of been ultra-bothersome, she has some real endurance, I'll give that to her. But that doesn't mean I'll slack off with the teasing...

"So let me get this straight Leafy... So after that, you and Gary did some romantic all-by-yourselves and alone cooking, while looking deeply into each other's eyes... until I came and interrupted." I cheekily listed. "Well in that case I am truly sorry for barging in on your bonding."

Just like that, Leaf is left speechless. I better be quick, my power is running out, roughly 10 minutes straight on telepathy, really out a lot of strength. But it had been a pretty long amount of time, and Leaf still hadn't said anything. Maybe I was right? Maybe I hit the jackpot? She knows I was only making stuff up to right? Even I thought I was only teasing.

"Leaf, don't tell me you actually did what I just said?"

"We-" And just at that moment, our connection cut-off. Talk about perfect timing.

(Time skip)
May POV

Well, let's just say that beyond awkward, is an understatement of what was happening right now at the breakfast table. It was us girls (with the exception of Dawn), four boys at the huge dining table, all of us acting like there was no one else there, casually nibbling on our food. I decided that the 'ice' needed to be broken, this silence was unbearable, and especially for a girl like me, whose specialty was talking.

"Soooo... Did you sleep well last night?" I asked awkwardly. That's when I realized just how dry that sounded, it practically was just as, or maybe even more lame then a comment about weather. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one who caught on.

"Seriously August? Is that the best you can do?" The green-head raised his eyebrows challengingly.

"The breakfast you guys are eating, is the combined love of me and Leafy here." Gary put his arm around Leaf, followed by the said girl picking it off her shoulder.

Misty POV

And just like that, the table is a lively bunch again. With May and Drew fighting over names and dry comments, Gary using pick-up lines on his precious 'Leafy' but to no avail.

"Hey Misty, isn't the food great?" I looked over to the 'human' boy (more like a hungry animal, and by hungry, I mean it) and gave a small smile.

"Yeah it is pretty good huh?" I replied. I wasn't really all that in the mood for joking around, especially after how I got woken up.

"Hey you gonna eat that?" The owner of those beady, chocolate brown eyes, asked innocently. I shook my head lightly.

"You can have it Ash." His face lit up with pure happiness.

"Thanks Mist!" "Mist?" I questioned.

"Umm..." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"... It's like a nickname!" He awkwardly chuckled a bit. Wait, is he blushing? A nickname huh? I've never had one before, Mist? Hmm... Mist, it has a nice ring to it. And with that, I smiled.

Dawn POV

Is this meant to be a hairbrush? Don't make me laugh. Actually, a laugh would be nice considering what situation I was in right now. Everyone has already gathered downstairs for breakfast, and I don't even look cute enough yet! On top of all that, school is starting soon. As if to confirm that, the clock beeped 8 o'clock.

"Loop it around, through and pull." I mumbled as I tied my hair into a perfect side-ponytail. With that all done, I hurried to the stairs and ran as fast as my high-heels would let me. Too bad I didn't see the fluffy-blue slipper in my way, as I slipped over someone's footwear, I let out an ear-piercing scream. I shut my eyes and clenched my fists, praying to god that I will still be alive after this.

I couldn't use my wind power to cushion my landing, because there wasn't any time. I just fell, bracing myself, waiting for impact. But that time never came. Instead I felt a pair of warm arms around me, as my savior mumbled a "troublesome".

When I had recovered from shock, I opened my eyes, only to meet a pair of onyx orbs. The person, who had saved me from a dangerous fall, was none-other than Paul. (A/N: No duh, who else? ;)

(Timeskip)

No POV

The peppy bluenette by the name of Dawn, skipped merrily along, while her three best friends trudged behind, with expressions of boredom etched onto their faces. The four girls were currently walking along the ultra-long hallways of LaRousse High, slowly making their ways to the principal's office. No, they weren't in trouble, but they were told, some interesting news, awaits their arrival.

"May, can't we please just use our telekineth powers to levitate ourselves there? I don't have any energy left to walk the rest of the way." Misty groaned.

"No, there're people here already, what if they see us?" A pretty girl, with waist-length brunette hair concluded, as much as she would love to do just what her friend had suggested, her feet were dying too.

They were all slouching. Drowsy, and unenergetic, slowing making their way to the destination, with the exception of the girly-girl in front, she was still skipping, and wearing high-heels too. They felt a rush of déjà vu, as they turned the corner, stepping into a dark, eerie corridor, with a double door at the end.

"Funny how the last time we walked down something like this, was when we got this mission we're on now huh? I hope it isn't an extra mission." May sighed. Dawn reached the door first, since she had been skipping the whole way, (A/N: Not with the string ;) while her other friends were performing a horrible excuse of walking. The bluenette pushed the doors wide-open, as if to announce their arrival.

"Hi Cynthia! We're here! Now what was it you wanted to talk to us about?" Dawn exclaimed, as soon as she had busted the door open.

'So informal' The remaining three girls thought, they all sweat-dropped. The principle winced, obviously not used to being treated as if they were close friends.

"Please, take a seat." She gestured to the couch, as the girls walked over and did just that. "I've called you here today, because I have thought of an idea that could potentially give you access to every bit if the school, without the other students complaining about the teachers picking favorites."

"Oh? That may prove to be useful." Leaf suddenly became more interested. 'The restricted library!' She thought, same old Leaf and her books.

"Yes, that is as I thought, as of right now, you are only qualified as Mesprit Pinks, my idea is that you four, become the very first Arceus Silvers, thus earning access to the underground passages, memorial room, restricted library-"

'Yay!' Leaf thought as she started to float off into her own little world of infinite books.

"-and just about everything and everywhere."

"Sounds good, but how are we going to achieve this?" The girl with cerulean eyes and fiery orange (red) hair said while nodding ever-so-slightly.

"Yes, it all sounds great and all, but how will we get this without the other students suspecting anything?" A brunette with sapphire eyes asked. 'I wonder if they have a secret all-you-can-eat buffet somewhere.' She thought, May and her food... The principle drew in a deep breath, and then she resumed explaining.

"How about today's battle with the Giratina Shadows, could be a test? If you defeat them, you become Arceus Silvers, but if you lose, you stay in Mesprit Pink, but this time, officially."

"Not bad of a plan, sure we'll do it." Leaf confirmed, it sounded like a good action plan, she thought.

"Hey wait, wait, wait! Why do you go around deciding everything while I just sit here? I personally think this won't work!" Dawn argued. Well this is unexpected.

"But I'm the leader, what I say, goes, and I say I will work!" May cut-in, still thinking of nothing, except the endless amounts of food, that awaits her.

"I second that! I most definitely will work!" Leaf raised her hand into the air, thinking of all the shelves, filled with books.

The once quiet, suspenseful room has now erupted in shouting, screaming, and whatever Dawn was doing. The three started to battle it out, and right in front of the principle, (without using powers though of course, Cynthia doesn't know about them being supernatural beings)

In the meantime, Misty was on the side apologizing like crazy, for every dent, crack or hole that they had made and promised she'd repair them all. By the time it 2 minutes had passed, the 'room' was in wrecks. Yet, they still wouldn't stop this immaturity.

"Guys I th-" Misty tried to calm them down.

"BE QUIET MISTY!" They yelled in upmost synchronization, effectively shutting Misty up, with an additional bonus of Misty's shocked face. Then they were at it again, only this time, Misty joined the fray. Cynthia watched from afar, recalling her childhood. Youth. It's a great thing. She smiled.


(Meanwhile- with the boys)

"Yo, are you and that brunette chick going out or something Gary?" A self-proclaimed grass-headed, 'hottie' teased, as he watched his best friend's face heat up.

"No way! Why would I ask out a girl, who makes me stand at least 1 meter away from her, at all times?" He defended, but not all that successfully, since Drew saw right though his lies. The green-haired young man smirked, Gary isn't going to feel like being such a jerk for the rest of the day after this. Plus, did he really think he could fool the great Drew Hayden?

The two friends were currently in the kitchen, were Gary was cooking up mountains, and mountains, of food for Ash, and Drew was playing the part of a waiter. Only normal waiters don't tease the hell out of the cooks.

"Do I seem to recall, that about a hour ago, a certain auburn and a brunette... Almost kissed?" An evil glint was present in his eyes, he suggestively raised an eyebrow. The poor playboy couldn't stop the blood rushing into his face at that comment. He patted his cheeks, thinking, 'get a hold of yourself, Gary Oak!' and countered.

"Nope, we are not dating."

"As much as you want to."

"I don't want to!"

"Keep talking, your only fooling yourself."

"What is that suppose to mean!?"

"It means that you like her."

"I do not!"

"Stop denying it."

The two friends kept bickering back and forth. Gary denying everything, and Drew refusing to back-down.

'Dammit, where's May when you need her?' Gary thought, the colour of his face, still flushed enough that it could still give a ripe tomato, a run for it's money, not that it has any though.

"Garyyy... Drewww! Where are the pancakes?" A voice belonging to Ash Ketchum called from the dining hall. That snapped them out of their bickering war, as they started to carry all the trays over.

"Here we go Ashy-boy, the pancakes, are served." Gary said in the most posh voice he could muster. But of course, him being Gary, it didn't sound very sophisticated. The four boys all took a seat on the huge, long-stretch dining table, and started digging in. Well, only Ash 'digged in', the rest ate in a more polite manner, or as polite as a teenage boy could. (A/N: No offence to the boys who are reading this ;)

"So what Pokemon are we using for the battle today with those girls?" Drew asked, flicking his hair while doing so. (A/N: Did I mention that the girls removed their memory of them knowing that they are Top-coordinators and League Winners that night of the battle with Dark Shade's soldiers? Well, now I have…;)

"Well, whatever Pokemon we choose to battle with, we will still win." Gary spoke confidently, he was one-hundred percent sure, that victory will be theirs.

"You idiots." Paul said while still calmly cutting his pancake, and putting it in his mouth. He knew better, than to underestimate the opponent. He had made that mistake once with Ash, and he wasn't willing to make it again.

"I don't..." *stuff food in his mouth*

"know about..." *stuff food in his mouth*

"you guys, but..." *stuff food in his mouth*

"I'm choosing Pikachu!" Ash said between chewing, with a big, toothy, grin.


(Timeskip- Gary POV)

We were on our way to homeroom, our first class, when Drew suddenly broke down in agony. He was screaming in what looked like, intense pain, and trashing around on the ground.

"No! I'm not yours! I'm not, IM NOT!"

He kept shouting over and over. We all crowded around him, and Paul picked him up.

"Hurry up!" I shouted, my very best friend's life, was in grave danger, I couldn't let anyone slow us down on our way to the infirmary. Several girls tried flirting with us, getting in our way.

"Go away, Drew's life is in danger!" Ash shouted, despite how dumb he was, as least he had a heart to care. Maybe that's why I value him as a close friend. No space to think, time is running out, was I really thinking of things that weren't important at a time like this? Am I even worthy to be called his friend? I pushed those thoughts out of my mind. What happened to him? Is he going to be okay? Those were my only concerns.

Author's Note: Ohh! Cliffe! Or is it? Yay!~ Another chapter typed! Sorry it took so long… I sincerely apologize. *Bow Bow* Wait, have I already apologized? Oh well, I DOUBLE apologize in that case! TT^TT Anyways, please subscribe! Completely off-topic but… Otaku's, watch Sword Art Online…!~ Yay! ^^

Preview for Chapter 6:

As soon as she stepped into the classroom, she knew something was wrong. It was just as if a Wednesday felt like a Sunday you know? Just not right.

She sat down in her given seat, and looked towards her friends. They all seemed to notice the strange feeling lingering in the room too. On top of that, the playboy in the seat next to the girl, wasn't hitting on her, now there's a surprise.

Something was missing, and whatever it is, she is going to find it. It was her job as a top-spy.