Prologue

Future Unwritten

*DISCLAIMER* I don't own any of the characters or Pokemon. All rights go to Satoshi Tajiri.

Prologue

"Ready or not here I come!" A little boy around the age of 5 shouted excitedly as he looked around. "Hey where are you two?" He murmured under his breath as he took a few steps forward, scanning his surroundings. He was in an over-grown forest, dark trees towering above him.

In the distance he heard an angry shout of "HEY! What are you doing here? This is MY spot!" followed shortly by a "No! It's mine!" He ran quickly towards that direction, separated the thick flax leaves that were covering whatever was behind it. He peered inside, and froze in shock. His two best friends looking like they were ready to bite each other's heads off, neither were going to backing down without a fight. "And over something really stupid again." The boy sighed.

He took a deep breath and yelled as loud as his voice would let him. "Guys, if you get fighting like you are now, how are we supposed to play hide-and-seek?" But the poor boy's friends bickering completely drowned him out. "I have the most unusual friends in the world." The boy stated with yet another sigh.


"You know what?"A little girl no older than 5 questioned happily. "When I'm older, I'm going to fly really, really high in the sky!" She said excitedly, while jumping up and down, clapping her hands together. She stopped to look at the boy sitting on the bench next to her, with a big grin on her face, she said "and I'll bring you along with me too!" She fantasized, and started to skip around the tower they were at currently.

"I'll even-"That sentence went unfinished because she tripped over a rock near the edge and fell helplessly over the railing, heading towards the ground. Dreading the worst she closed her eyes and let out an ear piercing scream.

She waited for the pain to hit and spread through her body, but it never came. Instead she felt something, or someone gripping her wrist. Opening her beautiful Tanzanite colored eyes, she saw the boy with intimidating black pupils. "Troublesome," He started adding a roll of his eyes, "what will you do without me…"


"It's this way!" A little girl that's 5 years old shouted. "No! I am pretty sure it's THIS way." A boy countered confidently. "Well…" The girl thought for a brief moment. "I'm more than pretty sure. I'm 100% sure!" She said while pointing to a hole to her right in this massive ice cave they were in at the moment. "It's to my left." She added, before adding a cheesy grin to the sentence."No that's your right." The boy said with an 'I'm superior' voice. "THIS is your left." He grabbed her left hand and shook it around. "What are you talking about?"She asked. "That's my right hand."She said getting slightly unsure of herself, staring at the hand the boy had a firm grip on. The boy sighed; it really was getting boring trying to explain right and left to his best friend. "That's your left hand, THAT's what I'm talking about." He said clearly bored of this conversation. "Whatever!" The girl suddenly exclaimed. "Let's just go into ANY hole." And with that she dragged the boy into the cave, getting deeper and deeper with every step.


"Mr Eggy," A cute little girl with a side ponytail started. "I wish I could do what you can." She thought for a second, and then giggled at her own words. "I CAN be an egg." She curled herself into a ball, laughing. At that moment, a beautiful Luvdisc jumped out of the lake she was sitting by. It chirped its name happily. The girl was speechless, staring in awe.

The beautiful Pokemon, surrounded itself with dazzling water droplets, it looked so happy, and so…free. The girl longed to be like it. "Maybe one day I'll be able to be just as pretty and graceful as all the water Pokemon in this lake-" She paused for a second. "—and wrap myself in water!" She got lost in her fantasies.

"Little sis!" A voice called. "Coming!" She shouted back, starting to get up, picking up the egg in the process.

She stopped to steal another glance at the now shimmering water surface of the lake, before whispering, "Yeah, maybe one day…"