c h a p t e r f o u r

When Cupid Falls in Love

Jonghyun’s Point of View:

 

 “A real man doesn’t love a million girls. He loves one girl in a million ways,”

 

She looked at me with piercing eyes, and I was at a loss of words to say. I mean, what do I say to something like that?

 

It was kind of awkward, and thank god Key came in at just the right moment.

 

“Hey honeys! How’s the castle doing?” Key asked, shoving his perky in front of my face as he bent down to inspect the sand castle.

 

As he and Soo Hyun argued about the sand castle (apparently, Key thought it was too small. He wanted a castle with a throne so he could be queen of the beach. As much as I love him, he’s more suited to be queen of the gays), I thought about the chilling experience I just had.

 

When our hands met, I –

 

I didn’t even want to think about it. It was just too weird! Of all people, why Kim Soo Hyun?

 

Couldn’t it be someone hotter?

 

Well, she is pretty cute… but that attitude of hers is enough to make one go crazy!

 

It’s enough to make me go crazy…and I certainly think I am going crazy. After all, I called Soo Hyun cute of all things! Not to mention that weird goose-bumps incident!

 

I think I need to check into a mental hospital.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soo Hyun’s Point of View:

 

Key and I were in a middle of a heated battle (who’s ever seen a sand castle big enough for a human? I’m not a professional sand sculptor!), and when I looked at Jonghyun for some help, he had some dazed expression on.

 

With that expression on, he looked like a giraffe trying to calculate math.

 

In other words, he looked stupid.

 

I didn’t want to interrupt whatever was going on in that mind of his, and so I turned my attention to Key.

 

“What brand of eyeliner do you use? It’s quite…interesting,” I commented. Key’s version of eyeliner was a huge blob of blackness on the top of his eyelids.

 

“It’s a little something called permanent black marker,” Key replied cheerily as if it was an everyday thing to apply permanent black marker to your eyes.

 

But trust me; it’s totally not an everyday thing.

 

“I mean, why bother applying makeup every day? Permanent black marker only disappears after a whole week!” Key explained.

 

All of a sudden, I felt someone splash water on me.

 

It was Jonghyun, smirking as he splashed even more water on me.

 

I ran into the ocean and didn’t hesitate to splatter him with my awesome ninja skills (apart from being a matchmaker, I’m also a professional Teenage Mutant Ninja She-Turtle).

 

After I practically soaked him, he finally put up both hands in surrender.

 

“God, you’re crazy when it comes to splashing,” Jonghyun complained, pointing at his wet shirt.

 

Key stood at the back, cowering because he didn’t want to get his clothes wet.

 

What a coward.

 

“Nobody splashes a Teenage Mutant Ninja She-Turtle and gets away with it,” I sneered, sticking my tongue out.

 

“Your imagination is really something else! It’s a pity you don’t write TV dramas!” Key shouted from the back. I shot him a look and he quickly pretended he was inspecting his toes.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes at me and took off his shirt.

 

Oh.

 

My.

 

God.

 

I’ve never experienced heaven, but this was pretty damn close.

 

As annoying as he is in real life, his body is pure bliss to look at.

 

If only he would just sit there and not talk, he would be perfect eye candy.

 

Unfortunately, the minute he opens his mouth, psycho words come spilling out, and that ruins his entire image =.=”

 

But honestly, he had abs. ABS, I TELL YOU! I was obviously staring for too long because Jonghyun started laughing hysterically.

 

Like I said, the minute he opens his mouth, his entire image is ruined.

 

“Stop pretending you hate me or something, okay? You’re obviously a fan girl of mine in disguise,” Jonghyun said.

 

This guy has to be delusional.

 

“No, I donot like you,” I muttered through gritted teeth.

 

‘I just like your body,’ a erted voice inside me said.

 

Yes, I know it’s erted, but if you had shining abs right in front of your face, how would you react?

 

You’d probably jump at it and go crazy over it like a fan girl.

 

Thank god my resisting skills are powerful.

 

And then, my attention was diverted.

 

Minho walked next to me, and inspected Jonghyun’s wet body.

 

Is my future husband gay?

 

“Why are you all wet?” Minho asked with that deep voice of his.

 

*swoons*

 

“This crazy madwoman,” Jonghyun shouted, stabbing a finger at me. “splashed me with water until I was all soaked,”

 

Minho just gave him a half-lopsided smile and looked at me with those FLAMING TWIN LIGHTERS [AKA his eyes]

 

“You’ve got some skills,” he said, smiling.

 

This would be the start of our beautiful romance, I can just feel it.

 

“Tha-tha-thanks,” I stuttered. He probably thought I was some kind of speaking-impaired girl now!

 

Taemin suddenly ran over with a huge smile on his face and a lollipop in his hands.

 

“Can we go to the amusement park over there?” Taemin asked, pointing at an amusement park right next to the beach.

 

“Okay,” we all agreed although Jonghyun turned a bit pale.

 

Is he scared of rollercoasters?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun’s Point of View:

 

Oh crap.

 

My nightmare was coming true.

 

Why did it seem like I was the only one who felt like dying? Was I seriously the only one who had a fear of heights?

 

The mighty Jonghyun shouldn’t have a fear of anything, but obviously God felt like he couldn’t make anyone completely perfect, so he put a flaw in me: a fear of heights.

 

“Look at that! It looks awesome, doesn’t it?” Soo Hyun asked, pointing at the scariest rollercoaster in the park.

 

I gulped and quickly pretended I was immersed in the huge lollipop Taemin was on. [insert erted thoughts here xD]

 

 “Oh, Minho and I are going to ride that astronaut ride,” Onew said, grabbing Minho by the arm. Those two have some kind of weird telepathy thing. Minho rarely talks, and yet Onew understands what he wants to say without asking anything.

 

It freaks me out sometimes. Their relationship was not a healthy one.

 

“Key, want to ride that scary rollercoaster with me?” Soo Hyun asked.

 

Please say yes.
 

“Nah, it’s okay. I saw a girl with the cutest shorts on walking by just earlier! I’m going to follow her and ask her where she got them!” Key replied happily.

 

What a stalker.

 

“Taemin? Do you want to ride it with me?” Soo Hyun asked Taemin, who was looking wide-eyed at her.

 

God, did that kid always have to look so freaking innocent?

 

But, I quickly sent him some mental telepathy too. Maybe he inherited Onew’s genes somehow and could read minds too?

 

He was my last hope. He was the only one who could rescue me from death now.

 

“I saw an arcade at the entrance. I’ll go there!” Taemin squeaked happily, and took off skipping.

 

Oh no. This was the end of everything.

 

“Okay, let’s go then!” Soo Hyun said cheerfully, and pulled me by the arm.

 

“Le-let’s go ride that instead. It looks more intense,” I stuttered, pointing at the merry-go-round.

 

“Are you wimping out?” Soo Hyun asked, crossing her arms.

 

I could not let her call me a wimp!

 

Curse this stupid ego of mine.

 

“I wa-was just worried for you. Let’s go then,” I said as bravely as I could.

 

Don’t let me die,’ I prayed to God as we approached the ride.

 

It was named the “Hellavator”.

 

An elevator to Hell?

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soo Hyun’s Point of View:

 

As we put our seat belts on, I could feel Jonghyun practically quivering beside me.

 

I was about to call him a coward once more, when the ride started suddenly.

 

AAAAHHHHHHHH!” Jonghyun screamed beside me. Out of nowhere, he grabbed my hand and started squeezing the life out of it.

 

I would have screamed along since the ride was beyond scary (seriously, it felt like gravity was no longer a thing of the world), but the pain in my hand was too much to be ignored.

 

Up, down, up, down, upside down, up, and down again. The ride was enough to make a rollercoaster lover like me want to puke.

 

As the ride finally skids to a stop, I sighed in relief and quickly tore my hand out of Jonghyun’s grip.

 

My poor hand was all withered and red. It looked like it had been through years of labor.

 

Jonghyun’s face, on the other hand, looked even more pained than my hand. It was drained of colour and was all scrunched up in an unattractive manner.

 

“I think I almost peed my pants,” I confessed, quickly getting out of the ride.

 

Jonghyun gave me an embarrassed look as he stepped out.

 

Why was there a wet spot on his pants?

 

Don’t tell me he –

 

“I think I just did,”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Author's Corner:

hi again! i know i just updated yesterday but ... i had extra time today so i just whipped up another chapter (:

ANYONE GOING TO SMTOWN LA 10 ? i wish i was = = " IF YOU ARE , I AM SO JELLY OF YOU D:

if only i lived a little closer to LA ~ :(

but omo , all you lucky little shawols get to see SHINee & suju & snsd up close!

so anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter & thanks for all the new suscribers & comments last time! & thanks for the ppl who comment every single chapter ~ you guys are great <3 key will buy you pink nail polish to award you! keke (:

-soshihoney