c h a p t e r 3

When Cupid Falls in Love

Soo Hyun’s Point of View:

 

Kim Jonghyun was driving me crazy.

 

In a very bad way.

 

 No matter how obvious the questions that I gave him were, the answers were always wrong. If I didn’t know how naturally stupid that guy is, I would have thought he was trying to be funny.

 

I didn’t know why so many girls liked him. He has more fan girls than Minho. Honestly, why would you like someone like Jonghyun when you could have Minho? Seriously, they followed him like he was God or something when he doesn’t resemble God in any way whatsoever.

 

Except, maybe the fact that he was godly looks, but –

 

Ignore that. I’m obviously crazy. But seriously, staring at his face for two hours made me realize that maybe he’s not so bad looking.

 

But, he’s still inconsiderate, rude, and all the bad words in the dictionary.

 

I had gone back to talk to Onew about his promise of matching me and Minho up, but when I arrived at the destination, Onew and Jonghyun were having some kind of man-to-man talk.

 

I didn’t want to jump in and be the awkward who-knows-what and so I hid behind the bushes even though I felt like a total stalker. I didn’t want to eavesdrop but it wasn’t like I had much of a choice. Imagine that you have been starving for a week and the juiciest piece of meat (or tofu, if you’re vegetarian) is dropped in front of you. You would obviously eat it, right? I mean, why waste a perfectly good chance?

 

So I eavesdropped.

 

I truthfully wish I hadn’t. There are some things that you are better off not knowing about, you know?

 

This was one of them.

 

All Jonghyun did was complain about me and everything I did just because I criticized him a few times. How did he expect to get a girlfriend at this rate?

 

At first, I promised myself I would keep quiet until Jonghyun left. Then I would talk to Onew about the whole Minho business.

 

Jonghyun just wouldn’t shut up about me and how crazy and weird I am, and I just couldn’t take it any longer. A girl has to have some pride to protect too!

 

So I jumped up and started confronting him about talking bad stuff about me behind my back! His face was priceless! He must have thought I had appeared out of nowhere.

 

He just angered me further, and so I walked away from him without asking Onew about Minho and I.

 

I walked back home and ate some yummy fried chicken that my Mom made me.

 

Where do you think Onew got his love for chicken? He had spent literally every night at my house back when we were best friends, and he fell in love with my Mom’s chicken. It’s seriously jjang!

 

It’s tender and juicy, yet it’s so crisp and –

 

God, I sound like I’m doing a CF/advertisement for it!

 

“How was your day?” my Mom asked as she washed dishes.

 

“Good,” I lied. Never honestly answer your parents because before you know it, it turns into a heart-to-heart conversation, and that is just awkward. You talk about a boy being weird and somehow the next minute, they’re giving you an unnecessary talk.

 

After I finished the heavenly chicken, I went upstairs to my computer. I had hoped to find Mi Sun online so I could vent about Jonghyun, but as usual, she was nowhere to be seen. This is the problem of having a best friend who lives in a completely different time zone than you.

 

Suddenly, someone IM’ed me.

 

[pretend this is a chat box xD]

 

Chicken4life says: This is Onew! Can you meet up with Jonghyun tomorrow at the beach?

 

I furrowed my brows. The beach was supposed to be a romantic place and I had to ruin it by being with Jonghyun?

 

Cupidgirl says: I’m busy.

 

Chicken4life says: Minho will be there.

 

Why did I have to confess my crush on Minho to Onew back in elementary school? And why, oh why, did he still remember it?

 

Curse that photographic memory of his.

 

Cupidgirl: What time?

 

Chicken4life: 2:00 at Busan Beach! I promise we won’t be late! See you!

 

*Chicken4life has signed off*

 

He signed off before I had a chance to reject him. Now, I have no choice but to go.

 

Oh, tomorrow will surely be paradise. *sarcasm intended*

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I got off the bus and quickly walked towards our destination spot. I knew it was kind of geeky arriving at the beach on a bus but my parents had to work, and since I don’t receive any money for my many services (I am a very generous person, thank you very much), I didn’t have enough money to hail a taxi.

 

“Is that her? She’s kind of pretty!” a member I recognized as Taemin whispered. Or at least, he attempted to whisper. That guy needs to learn the difference between whispering and loudly spitting out sentences.

 

“Hi,” I said awkwardly. I glanced at Minho from the corner of my eye. He was even more gorgeous close up *squeals*.

 

Yes, I am ashamed of my fangirlness too.

 

“Hey sistah! Key’s my name; fashion is my game,” Key said, flipping the few strands of hair he had.

 

He and Heechul would be best buds. Not that I would introduce them anytime soon. Two people of such diva attitudes combined would be just too much to bear.

 

All of a sudden, Onew tripped over what seemed like nothing. He just fell over air, and if you didn’t know him well, you would think he was trying to be a gagman or something.

 

But truthfully, that’s just typical clumsy Onew.

 

“I’m Minho,” Minho introduced himself even though I already knew who he was (my future husband).

 

Before I could say anything, Jonghyun cut in and pulled me towards the sand. Because of him, I lost my first chance to have a conversation with Minho.

 

“What?” I asked, annoyed.

 

“So what are we going to do today?” Jonghyun asked, kicking some sand. “It better not be something gay like asking me questions again. This is not ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire’

 

“I know,” I replied while rolling my eyes. To be honest, I had nothing planned for today either. Onew was the one who told me to come to the beach, and I hadn’t thought things over.

 

“Let’s make a sand castle,” Jonghyun said suddenly.

 

This guy is so unpredictable.

 

“I’ll catch up with you later!” Key mumbled, waving us off. “I don’t want to chip a nail building a sand castle!”

 

Jonghyun and I both sat down on the sand, and while I was hard at work, trying to construct a sand castle, Jonghyun was busy finding shells.

 

He shoved one towards my ear.

 

“You can hear the ocean!” he murmured excitedly.

 

“That’s because we’re practically next to the ocean,” I answered, rolling my eyes.

 

Party pooper,” Jonghyun muttered under his breath before helping me build the sand castle.

 

CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKEN!” we heard a voice cry from the distance.

 

“Onew,” we both said at the same time.

 

“OMO! THIS IS PORK! EFF MY LIFE!” Onew’s voice cried.

 

That guy sure has an unhealthy obsession with chicken.

 

At one point as I was patting sand onto my tower, our hands met.

 

And, I’m not exaggerating here, I felt shivers.

 

I know; it’s completelycheesy but at that point, I felt goose bumps and shivers overcoming my body. I could tell he felt it too, because he looked at me abruptly.

 

“That was just the wind,” I quickly said, in case his over-erted mind started taking things too seriously.

 

Okay, I was in denial, but it could have been the wind.

 

I mean, why would touching Kim Jonghyun give me goose bumps? Touching someone like him was supposed to make me want to barf.

 

“So, what am I supposed to learn today?” Jonghyun asked, quickly switching to the next subject.

 

“I don’t know,” I replied again. “Let me ask you a question. How many girls have you been with in the last month?”

 

“……Thirty or so? I don’t keep count,”

 

What a freaking player.

 

“No wonder your friends are worried about you,” I murmured.

 

“Hey, this is a man’s life! Real men enjoy life,” Jonghyun smirked.

 

“A real man doesn’t love a million girls. He loves one girl in a million ways,”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Author's Corner:

i was going to update waaaay earlier , but i got lazy :P & OMO smtown 10 had so many shineelicious spazz-worthy moments! (:

& SERIOUSLY, MY BIASES FOR SHINEE KEEP CHANGING NOWADAYS. i want to stay loyal [LOL this makes me sound really stupid :3] but they're all so heavenly that i can't choose a favourite =.=";

key's hairstyle is surprisingly growing on me :O (but i still miss the old hairstyle from the replay days ): ) & manggg, taemin is really drool-worthy these days :D ~ & JONGHYUN<3 ! -gives leeteuk-style pedo smile- man, this makes me sound erted.

OH & GO TO MY WALL & COMMENT OR ADD ME AS A FRIEND. LOL, OR ELSE I FEEL LIKE A LONER ON HERE D:<

thanks for suscribing & commenting, everyone! shinee will give you chicken for your love <3

hope i don't disappoint you guys! & i will update again veryveryvery soon ;)

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT & SUSCRIBE! <3

-soshihoney

 

 

 ANANA