c h a p t e r t w o

When Cupid Falls in Love

Soo Hyun's Point of View:

 

t h e   n e x t   d a y  :

 

Hadn’t I told Onew that I wasn’t going to wait?

 

How did 12:00 turn into 12:30?

 

And still no sight of Jonghyun.

 

I sighed as I sat on the bench, toying with my cell phone. I didn’t have any of SHINee’s phone numbers, so all I could do was sit like a loner. I knew I said I wasn’t going to wait, but what would happen to me and Minho’s future babies? If I passed this chance, who knew if I would get another one?

 

I quickly dialed the number of my best friend (and only friend for that matter), Mi Sun, who lives on the other side of the world, unfortunately.

 

“Mimi?” I called into the phone.

 

“Soo Hyun?” a groggy voice greeted me. “You know it’s 3 am here right?”

 

“Oh….right,” I nervously laughed. “Go back to sleep,”

 

“Give me burgers, you fat cashier! I didn’t want noodles,” I heard a snort and then light snores.

 

Who knew my best friend sleep talked?

 

“Um, bye! I’ll be sure to give you extra burgers!” I said awkwardly before hanging up.

 

This is what living in America does to you! I swear, Mi Sun was a fine girl before moving to America. Now, all she talks about is burgers and fries! You would have thought Ronald McDonald was her boy friend or something!

 

Damn, where was that Kim Jonghyun? Patience is one area where I lack severely in. I was going to kill him the minute he gets here. I’ll kadabra him with my sword and smashodoodle him with my –

 

“This is so gay,” Jonghyun said as he walked towards me, his hands in his pockets.

 

“WHY ARE YOU LATE? I THOUGHT I SAID TWELVE O’ CLOCK, YOU BIG – “

 

Hottie?” Jonghyun finished my sentence for me before flashing me a cocky smile. “I wouldn’t have came here if Onew didn’t literally kidnap me here,”

 

Onew waved from his very obvious hiding spot in the bushes.

 

“Don’t act like you’re doing me a favor,” I told him while Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Today, we’ll start out with the basic rules for getting a full-time girlfriend. Hopefully, by the end of all the sessions I give you, you’ll be a gentleman,”

 

“So what am I supposed to do?”

 

“Let me give you a very basic scenario. Say you are at a club, and your girlfriend is RIGHT NEXT to you, and a girl comes and does whatever they do at clubs. What do you do?” I asked. This was such an obvious answer; I didn’t even know why I was asking it.

 

“Depends if the girl is hot or not,”

 

“She’s….average,” I answered. What the heck was he asking questions for?

 

“Hm, the more the merrier. I’ll definitely give her what she wants,” he said, grinning.

 

Er, beep beep! Wrong answer, mister!

 

“What happens to your girlfriend who is RIGHT NEXT to you then?” I asked again, giving him a very obvious hint.

 

“She can watch. It’s like a hot scene right in front of her. Damn, I’m jealous of her,” Jonghyun said.

 

Man, this guy is way too cocky.

 

I sighed and raked my hand through my unruly hair.

 

“We still have a long way to go,”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun’s Point of View:

 

Finally, it was over.

 

It wasn’t easy.

 

I felt like I just been through hell. I felt like five thousand elephants had trampled over me.

 

No, it was worse.

 

Kim Soo Hyun complained the whole time how unfair this was, even though I was obviously the one suffering. She was the one who chose to do this and here she was, acting like I begged her to help me.

 

Kim Jonghyun never begs anyone for anything.

 

But that useless girl wouldn’t listen to anything I said! She said it was all rubbish.

 

“Dude, why did you have to put me through that? I thought we were friends,” I asked Onew, who was trying to look innocent even though it never works. He’s older than me, for god’s sakes! And that puppy face he thinks he’s making?

 

It honestly looks more like a constipated rhino trying to poo.

 

Trust me, not attractive.

 

“She is the only matchmaker of Busan High, and we’re all getting worried about you. Its different girls every night,” Onew said.

 

Why did he always have to act like my grandmother? Of course, the umma position is taken by Key.

 

“Seriously, that girl is crazy. She completely resisted my charms. Nobody resists Kim Jonghyun!”

 

I resist your charms just fine,” Onew replies wittingly. “She was my best friend in elementary school so I know she’s an okay girl,”

 

“I don’t care if she’s your grandmother from another life. She’s weird! She criticized everything I did! I’m perfect!” I said confidently.

 

I am perfect.

 

“Kim Jonghyun! I hear you talking crap about me!” Soo Hyun called out to me.

 

Where the hell did she come out of?

 

I was sure she had left but she seriously just popped out of nowhere. One minute, I was talking with Onew and the next, her ugly face is popping out.

 

Well maybe it’s not ugly…..okay, maybe it’s pre –

 

I swear, spending time with that Kim Soo Hyun is making me delusional. How could I even think that she’s pretty? I must be crazy.

 

“What have I taught you today? Gentlemen don’t talk crap about people behind their backs,”

 

“I can’t believe you’re talking to me like this! Stop acting like you’re ladylike when you’re as manly as Minho!” I retorted. It was true; none of the girls I met had treated me this way before.

 

This meant that Kim Soo Hyun was either a lesbian or crazy.

 

I think she’s both.

 

She gave me another irritated look before walking away again.

 

“That girl has a serious problem,” I remarked.

 

“Isn’t she sassy though? Like that female lead in “My Sassy Girl”! Doesn’t everyone love that movie?” Onew asked ever so innocently.

 

“Everyone loves that movie because the girl’s hot,” I replied.

 

“No, only erts like you would say that,”

 

“Whatever,” I shrugged it off. “She’s worse than Key when he’s PMS-ing,”

 

“Guys don’t PMS!” Onew said, shaking his head.

 

“In this case, it stands for Pissy Men Syndrome. Key obviously has it,” I stated.

 

“So, did you learn anything today?” Onew asked, looking like some middle-aged professor trying to guilt-trip me.

 

“Apparently, I’m supposed to walk away from hot girls if they come near me! Like, what the heck?” I muttered.

 

Seriously, what kind of catastrophe would that be? Hot girls are created for people to enjoy; not to walk away from.

 

“You’ve still got a long way to go before you’ll ever have a chance at getting a full-time relationship,” Onew declared.

 

Tell me something I don’t know.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

Author's Corner:

 

HIHIHIHIHIHI! I AM KIND OF HIGH TODAAAAY :D ~

i can't believe i have 11 suscribers xD! this might not seem like much to people but *sniffs* I DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT ONE SUSCRIBER WHEN I STARTED! (:

so, HOW IS EVERYBODY DOING? is everybody having a shineelicious day ? (zomg so corny i know = =")

anyways, add me as a friend & comment on my wall! im so lonely here D:<

hope i don't disappoint you guys :3 & hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!

-soshihoney