Searching for Answers

Silenced by Guilt

Suho talked to Kai about what happened in the cemetery and the younger one told their leader how he felt towards Luhan.

"Kai, I know that it still hurts. I know you're very close to Sehun but please don't blame Luhan. We both know that Luhan would never want anything bad happen to Sehun." Suho said. 

"But hyung, all I'm asking for is an explanation. It's hard to move on when you don't know what really happened."

"Luhan is trying to cope with Sehun's loss. It's not easy. Sehun died right in front of him. Put yourself in his position, you'll also be the same."

 

Kai was still disappointed at Luhan but he knows that Suho has a point. From then on, Kai would just avoid Luhan. He never spoke to the older one.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

Since he can no longer perform with EXO, Luhan has decided to help the members to keep the house clean in exchange of letting him stay with them. He took care of the laundry and the cleaning. He cooks for them most of the time since Kyung Soo is too tired to prepare food after their schedules. The members always invite him to go with them whenver they have shows but Luhan would rather stay at home. It has been 2 years since the accident and although the fans have voiced out their support to Luhan, he still feels uneasy around them.

 

EXO has become more and more popular in other countries and they've been doing a lot overseas shows. They'll be gone for a few days and Luhan will stay at the dorm by himself. He'll tidy up the place and make sure that the members will have food to eat once they come back. Suho and Kris are often worried whenever they leave Luhan alone that's why they ask their hyungs from Super Junior or SHINee to look after Luhan.

 

SMTOWN was just around the corner and that year's concert will be bigger than the previous ones. Lee Soo Man has booked 8 shows in the United States alone. That means all SM artists will be in the United States for a month to have two shows a week. The first thing that worried EXO was Luhan. With everyone gone, no one will look after him. Chanyeol suggested that they call Luhan's parents and ask them to come over. Kris called them right away but Luhan's mother said that they are in Europe for a business trip and will be gone for a few weeks. Suho consulted their management and his manager suggested that they just take Luhan with them to America. Kris and Suho told the members about it and they've all agreed to share the cost of Luhan's airfare so they can take him with them.

 

The leaders thought that Xiumin should tell Luhan about their plan since he is the eldest. He is also the closest member to Luhan and they think he can persuade him the most. Xiumin took Luhan out for snacks the next afternoon and while eating at a nearby cafe, Xiumin told Luhan about their schedule.

 

"You're coming with us." Xiumin asked.

 

Luhan looked at him confused.

 

"The members already talked about it. We'll take care of your ticket. You're coming with us to America." 

 

Luhan shook his head telling Xiumin that he'll be fine on his own. 

 

"Lu, we'll be gone for a month. The sunbaes are coming with us too. No one can look after you while we're away."

 

Luhan took his phone out and showed Xiumin his parent's number.

 

"Kris called your mom yesterday and they're on a business trip in Europe. We already informed them that we're taking you with us and they think it's a good idea. They don't want you to be left alone. We all worry about you."

 

Luhan looked unsure. He has never traveled ever since Sehun's loss. It was because traveling reminds him of the younger one. The airport has become their constant dating place. They were inseparable when they're having international flights and Luhan is scared that he'll have a break down. Xiumin saw the concerned look on his face and understood his worry.

 

"Lu, it's gonna be okay. We'll be there. We'll all be together." Xiumin assured him.

 

The rest of EXO were waiting for Xiumin and Luhan. They all rushed to the living room when the two came home.

 

"Hyung, are you..." Chanyeol called out to Luhan but he was hesitant to ask. They weren't sure if Xiumin already told Luhan about the trip.

 

Luhan gave him a smile.

 

"Really?!" Baekhyun asked Luhan. Just from his simple smile, they understood.

 

Luhan nodded.

 

The members were happy to hear the good news. They have been waiting for the day that Luhan joins them in their travel.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Sehun sat at the back of the class. He started attending his University classes when the second term started but he still couldn't understand any of the things his professors are saying. His parents told him they've been living in LA for two years but he still can't understand half of what the people around him are saying and he himself can't even talk to them because his English skills is not that great. Add to that, it seems like people in his class doesn't even know him. No one really spoke to him and the professors would avoid his questions like they're trying to hide something from him.

 

Since he doesn't have any friends, Sehun often stays at the cafeteria while waiting for Hyo Rim to finish her classes. One time, she sent him a message saying she'll be a little late. Sehun decided to walk around to explore the campus. 

 

He was trying to figure out where he was when he heard some music playing and people cheering. He followed the noise and he ended up in front of the Performing Arts building. There was a crowd watching a group perform. They were showing different kinds of dance and Sehun can't help but watch them too. He was so drawn to their performance and he felt like he wanted to do what they were doing.

 

"There you are! I was looking all over for you!" 

 

Sehun was startled as Hyo Rim tapped his shoulder.

 

"Sehunnie, I thought you left me. You don't even answer my calls." Hyo Rim said ad he pulled Sehun away from the crowd.

"Sorry. I was just... I didn't notice."

"You should tell me if you're going somewhere. Leave a message or something."

"I'll remember that. I'm sorry. It's just that, I want to remember. Even if it's just a little bit of the past, I want to remember. This school, what I've learned, the people I've met...You. I want to remember us."

 

Hyo Rim sighed. Sometimes lying to Sehun takes a toll on her emotions.

 

"Sehun, I'm sorry, I should've been more sensitive. Why don't I make it up to you tomorrow? Let's go on a date." Hyo Rim said as she held Sehun's hand.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

Xiumin kept Luhan company during the whole flight and the rest of the members made sure he was comfortable. The whole group arrived in Los Angeles a little past noon and Kris kept Luhan by his side as they went through all the security and immigration lines at the airport. Although he has been to LA and he anticipated the fans Luhan didn't expect a lot of attention towards him. Reporters and photographers kept on pestering him. Chanyeol, Kris and Tao used their heights to protect their hyung.

 

EXO and the rest of their sunbaes were brought to their hotel by dozens of black vans. After checking in, everyone went to their rooms to settle their luggages. Luhan was going to share a room with Kyung Soo.

 

"Hyung, which bed do you prefer?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

Luhan placed his backpack on the bed near the window and smiled at Kyungsoo. He was starting to organize his things when Chen and Baekhyun came. They told Kyungsoo that their manager was gathering everyone so they can proceed to the arena for practice.

 

"Hyung, do you want to come?" Baekhyun asked

 

Luhan declined. He flopped on his bed showing his dongsaengs he's fine staying in the room on his own.

 

It was getting late and Luhan hearsd his stomach rumbling. He tried to go down to the hotel cafe but he saw the fans and the reporters at the lobby. He thought room service but realized it was useless since he can't talk. He went through his bag and got a bag of chips that Lay gave him in the plane.

 

"Hyung!!! Wake up."

 

Luhan was sleeping on the floor, an opened bag of chips in hand. He rubbed his eyes as Kyungsoo helped him up.

 

"Hyung, sorry if you waited. There were a lot of stuffs to discuss and practice for the show."

 

Luhan smiled and patted Kyungsoo's shoulder to assure the younger one he was okay.

 

"Yah, open up" Baekhyun yelled from outside their room.

 

" For heaven's sake, Baek! I told you we're coming!!!" Kyungsoo said as he let  Baekhun inside their room.

 

"Suho hyung was being hysterical. He thought something happened to Luhan hyung." 

 

"You're exaggerating!"

 

"Am not."

 

The two kept arguing and only stopped when they realized that Luhan was already gone. Kyungsoo's phone rang and it was Kris on the other line.

 

 

"Hyung! We loat Luhan hyung!!" Kyungsoo said.

 

"He's already here and we're all in the van now. If you two shorties don't make it here in 60seconds, you either sleep hungry or walk to the reataurant."

 

Baek and Kyungsoo immediately locked the room and made their way down the lobby to meet with the others.

 

 A/N: a little comedy in the end. Still deciding whether I'll make this fic a complete drama from this point forward or throw some light comedy here and there. Sorry for the wait.