The Black Pearl Necklace

Silenced by Guilt

"Make sure you stay with your friend." Kris said.

"Yeah, hyung and please, don't ignore your phone. We'll be busy with practice but still, send us updates on your whereabouts." Suho said.

 

The two leaders talked to Luhan before joining the others. All three of them went to the basement parking together but Suho and Kris needed to leave earlier since they'll be late for practice. A few minutes later, Jae hyun came with his car. Luhan went inside the car and fastened his seat belt.

 

"Ready, hyung?" Jae Hyun asked and Luhan nodded.

 

In their car, Suho can't help but feel worried for Luhan.

 

"Do you think he'll be alright?" Suho asked Kris.

"You're the one who told me his friend looks nice. Do you want us to go back? Do you think he'll do something to Luhan?" 

"Not about Jae hyun. He seems perfectly harmless in my opinion and I searched the web for Angel Kiss last night. "

"And?"

"There was a photo of Jae Hyun and his mother on that site, complete with shop address and phone numbers. If anything happens, we know where to go."

"So Luhan is in good hands. Why are you so worried?" Kris asked.

"I told you, it's not about Jae Hyun. I'm worried about Luhan's feelings. You know---Disneyland was Sehun's favorite place after all."

 

Kris realized where Suho was going. Sehun was the one who kept on pestering them to visit Disneyland the first time they were in LA. 

 

"If I remember right, that's also the place where Luhan gave Sehun that black pearl necklace as a way of saying "yes" to his proposal to be together." Kris said.

 

Suho nodded.

 

"Kyungsoo said that Luhan was holding on to that necklace while in front of the mirror for quite some time last night." Suho said.

"He must really miss him."

"I'm sure he does. I can feel how hard it is for him. We, ourselves, miss Sehun a lot, he's really like a younger brother to us and practically a twin to Kai and Tao so I can just imagine the pain that Luhan is going through everyday." 

"Well,the only thing we can do now is to continue helping him move on"

 

******

 

"Hyung! let's go!"

 

Jae Hyun ran as soon as the staff checked his ticket and Luhan was forced to run after him.

 

"I can't believe I'm in Disneyland with you, hyung! This is just to awesome!" Jae Hyun said.

 

Luhan smiled. He suddenly remembered Sehun when he sees how excited Jae Hyun is. He clenched his necklace as he remembers how Sehun had the exact same glow as Jae Hyun when it comes to Disneyland.

 

"Hyung! Let's go!" Jae Hyun grabbed Luhan's hand and dragged him to one of the rides.

 

******

 

"Here, wear this." 

 

Sehun took the baseball cap that Hyo Rim took out of her bag and wore it.

 

"And this too." 

"Seriously?" Sehun asked as Hyo Rim was now giving her his sunglasses.

"Yes, it's so hot today. Come on, just wear it." 

 

Sehun sighed as he took the glasses and wore them.

 

"Cap? Check. Sunglasses? Check. We're all set. You ready, Sehun?"

 

As soon as he nodded, Hyo Rim linked their arms together and dragged him away from the parking lot.

 

Hyo Rim got two tickets to Disneyland. She promised him she'll take him out on date and this was the best idea she came up with. She remembered hearing from Sehun's mother that he likes theme parks even as a kid and would ride the roller coaster over and over again.

 

"Which one do you want to ride first?" Hyo Rim asked.

"I'll leave it up to you. I'll go where you go." Sehun replied.

 

Hyo Rim scanned the map she got from entrance and took note of all the rides that they might enjoy. Sehun stood beside her as he surveyed the park. He felt something special about the place. It was like something really important happened here.

 

"Hyo, how many times have I been here before?" Sehun asked.

"Uhmmm, I don't really know. Well, it's our first time together but I don't know if you've been here with auntie and uncle when you were young. Why?"

"It's just that.... I feel like something really special happened here."

"Silly, this is Disneyland, everyone feels special here." Hyo Rim said as she held Sehun's hand.

 

Maybe she was right, Sehun thought. Disneyland is called the happiest place on Earth afterall.

 

"So Mr. Oh, are you ready to have the best date ever?" Hyo Rim asked.

 

********

 

Luhan still didn't know how he agreed to this. He was just standing outside of the lines waiting for Jae Hyun to finish his roller coaster ride when he got dragged by one of the staffs and was seated beside Jae Hyun. Ever since he was young, he has been afraid of heights and dark places. He hates the adrenaline rush that park rides give and riding the Space Mountain was never on his bucket list. Everything happened so fast, he was scared but the staff has already fastened him on his seat. He tried to ask for help but nobody understood what he was trying to say. He was on the brink of a panic attack when he turned to Jae Hyun to plead for help but instead of seeing his new found friend, he saw Sehun. Luhan felt like time stopped as he stared at the boy seated beside him who seemed too excited to even notice him. Tears started to run down his cheeks as he reached for the boy's cheeks and touched him. The boy finally turned to him and upon seeing him crying, the boy's smile turned into a frown of worry. 

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" The boy asked.

 

Luhan just cried as he heard Sehun talk. The next thing he felt was the other man's arms that wrapped around him when the ride began. The boy held him tight and Luhan held on to his necklace and buried his face on the crook of the other's neck and closed his eyes to savor the moment. Through out the ride, the boy kept telling him "You're okay, Hyung. I'm here."

 

"Hyung, Luhan Hyung, Are you okay?" 

 

Luhan slowly opened his eyes and saw Jae Hyun waving his palms in front of him. He looked around and realized he was lying on a bed. Jae Hyun helped him sit up and he immediately scanned the room for Sehun.

 

"Hyung, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were scared. It was too late to get off when I saw you crying so I just held you tight and then when the ride was over, you passed out. The staffs brought you here at the clinic. I'm so so so sorry, hyung!" Jae Hyun shed some tears as he apologized and Luhan patted his head saying it was alright.

 

 

So it was just his imagination, Luhan thought.  His anxiety made him believe that Jae Hyun was Sehun. He felt a pinch in his heart and again, he was reminded that Sehun will never come back and the only way he'll see him is through his imaginations. Luhan reached for his necklace but realized that his neck was bare. He checked his bed, looked under the sheets and under his pillow, nothing. 

 

Jae Hyun saw the panic in Luhan's eyes when the latter stood up from the bed and asked his hyung what was wrong. Luhan pointed at his neck telling him he lost his necklace and the younger one helped him look for it. They checked their pockets and their bags but they didn't find it. Jae Hyun asked the nurse if the staffs turned over a necklace but she said there was none.

 

 

Luhan fell on his knees crying as he realized that the necklace was the only thing Sehun left him and now it's lost.

 

 

*******

 

"Suho hyung, I'm sorry this happened. I didn't mean to." Jae Hyun said.

 

Luhan was now sleeping in the hotel room. EXO's managers picked them up when Jae Hyun called Suho and told him about Luhan's breakdown. 

 

"It wasn't your fault. We should've told you that Luhan hyung is afraid of roller coaster rides."

"He passed out and I was scared. I was relieved when he woke up at the clinic and I immediately apologized and he seemed okay but then he started to look for his necklace and when we couldn't find it, he broke down."

"He lost his necklace?" Suho asked and Jae Hyun nodded.

 

Suho sighed. He knew Luhan won't be the same again. A knock on the door snapped Suho back to his senses.

 

"Hyung, the managers are calling for us." Baekhyun said as he peeked at the door.

 

The concert will start in an hour and they needed to be at the arena. Suho looked at Luhan worriedly. He felt so bad. His hyung doesn't deserve a life like this. He was an amazing person who cared for everyone.

 

 

"Jae Hyun, can you watch over Luhan hyung while we're gone?" Suho asked.

"Yes, hyung. I'll call my mom and tell her what happened. I'll stay by Luhan hyung's side." Jae Hyun said.

"Thanks."

 

******

 

Sehun was lying on his bed as he stares at the necklace dangling from his hand. A black pearl with a crown. A unique pendant that made him feel like he has seen it before.

 

 

 

 

******

A/N: So, as I've said in my other fic, I went to Japan on the first week of April and while I was there, I kinda had some inspiration for the update on my other fic that's why I was able to update that one first. Although honestly, I've written half of this update's chapter before leaving. XD Sorry to keep you waiting and Thank you very much for the upvotes and subscribes.

 

A/NII: Sorry for the delay!!! I have no excuse because honestly, I just got lazy to fnish this chapter. Specially when news about Kris broke out. I was heartbroken, seriously.  I won't be making promises that I'll update regularly because I'm bad at keeping promises but I will try my best to keep this story going. This is, afterall, my first ever KPOP fanfic. I used to write JPOP but, yeah, let's talk about that some other time. Anyways, I hope you like this!

 

I just want to show you guys what Sehun/Luhan's necklace looks like:

It's from a Japanese shop called Janji/Barcoblanco and it's a black pearl. :)