Almost

Silenced by Guilt

Luhan woke up and saw D.O. getting ready for their schedule.

 

"Ah! Hyung, sorry to wake you up, I was on my way out. Do you want to go with us today?" D.O. asked as he zipped his bag.

 

Luhan shook his head. He took a pen and paper from the bedside table and wrote something.

 

I'll stay here and tidy up and besides, I still need to shower. You'll be late if you wait for me. Luhan wrote.

 

"Are you sure, hyung? I can ask one of the coordi noonas to stay here with you and take you to the arena."

 

Luhan motioned that there was no need for that and that D.O. should be going. D.O. understood and said his good byes to his hyung.

 

The doe-eyed male got out of bed and went for a quick shower. When he got out, he looked for food in the fridge but there was nothing to eat. He had no choice but to go out and buy some food. He put on an oversized sweat shirt and changed his shorts for pants. He took his sun glasses and took the leopard mask that Lay gave him the night before. He saw Baekhyun's beanie and decided to borrow that too. When he was satisfied with his disguise, he made his way out of the room and out of the hotel.

 

 

******

 

 

"Am I famous or something?" Sehun asked Hyo Rim. 

 

A group of korean girls were starting to follow them and Sehun could heard them say that he looks like someone.

 

"Well, you are an Oh, remember? But yeah, nobody has ever seen your face because of privacy issues but I guess people think some person looks like someone else." Hyo Rim said nervously as he tried to drag Sehun away from the girls.

  

The cafe was packed but Sehun and Hyo Rim were able to get a seat because Hyo Rim knew the owner. 

 

"What do you want? I'll order for us." Sehun said.

"I'll have an Americano. A tall one, please." Hyo Rim Said.

 

Sehun left her and proceeded to the counter. Sehun ordered Hyo Rim's Americano and he got Iced Green Tea Latte for himself. As he was waiting for their orders, he watched as a short male with a face mask showed a piece of paper to the barista in the next counter. He also noticed that the group of girls following him a while ago were now a few feet away from the short male.

 

"Drinks for Hyo Rim and Stephen?" His barista announced and Sehun went to pick it up. 

 

Stephen Oh. That's the name he's been using since he got out of the hospital. Only his family and Hyo Rim calls him by his real name, Sehun and they only use it in private. To the rest of the world, he's Stephen Oh. The Oh's remaining heir, an adopted son. Eversince his accident, Sehun felt the over protectiveness of his parents. They blocked every magazine and newspaper that tries to publish anything that has to do with him. His mother explained that they want their lives to be privateand told him about losing a son years ago. They ended up adopting another boy and raised him as their own and that was Sehun. When he got into the accident, they decided that it's best to protect him as much as possible because they do not want him to end up like his brother.

 

Of course that was a lie. Sehun was the one and only real son of the Ohs. They used their money and power to create a new world for Sehun and manipulated his new life. They made him believe that he was adopted and changed his name. They have thought of changing his appearance but he was still young during the accident and the doctors said his body will still change and they were right. Sehun's natural jet black hair came out and his hair was kept short and simple. The color of his eyes changed to a lighter shade of brown because of the damage brought by the accident. He grew grew a few inches taller although his body was still the same lean physique. If someone from his past would see him now, they'll just think he's an older look-a-like of his old self, just like what the girls thought.

Sehun was getting some straws and sprinkling his drink with powdered chocolate when the other barista called another name.

 

"Iced Americano for Luhan?"

 

The girls from earlier began to gasp and made a commotion. Sehun turned to see what was happening and he witnessed how  the girls swarm around the masked male. He was curious as to who the boy was and why he was being mobbed. He then felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

"We need to go."  Hyo Rim said with urgency.

"But I thought we'll stay here for a while?" Sehun asked.

"There's too many people here and look at those girls, they're making a scene. I don't want to stay here. Let's go."

 

Hyo Rim took her coffee and dragged Sehun out of the Cafe.

 

******

 

Luhan didn't know what to do. He forgot to change his name when the barista asked for it. The fangirls started to mob him and asked him to take off his mask so they can take better pictures. 

 

"Hey, hey, hey! Back off, girls!" 

 

One of the cafe staffs came to Luhan's rescue. Using his tall frame, the staff helped Luhan get past the girls. He quickly took both of them out of the Cafe and blocked the door so the girls can't go after him. Luhan gave him a bow and walked away to hide from the fangirls.

 

Luhan walked as far away as possible from the cafe and did not realize that he got lost. He was in an unfamiliar part of Downtown LA, a half empty cup of coffee in hand and a rumbling stomach. He was supposed to get food after he got his coffee but it slipped his mind when he was running away from all the attention. As he was walking in the unknown street, he passed by a shop with korean writings on its sign. He entered it and realized it was a pastry shop. There was no one inside but the shop was filled with deicious looking breads and pastries. Luhan went to counter to see if anyone was there but found no one. Instead, he saw a note saying to ring the bell if you need assistance. Just as he was about to ring it, another person entered the shop.

 

"Mom! I'm back!" A tall teenage boy said as he walked in.

 

The boy realized there was somebody else in the shop.

 

"Can I help you with something?" The boy asked.

 

Luhan took out his pen and paper and wrote that he wanted to buy some bread. The tall boy gave him a tray and a tong and told him to choose whatever he likes and just go to the counter when he's done. While Luhan chooses, a woman came out from the kitchen.

 

"Jae-hyun, did you get the order to Mr. McKinley?" The woman asked.

"Yup. Mom, we have a customer." Jae Hyun said and pointed at Luhan.

"Oh! Hello, welcome to Angel Kiss! " THe woman greeted and bowed to Luhan

 

Luhan bowed back. He took two different kinds of bread and headed to the counter to pay. The woman asked him if he was Korean and Luhan shook his head. He wrote down that he was Chinese. After paying, he took his bread and took the spot by the window. He took off his mask so he could eat.

 

"Omo! You!" 

 

Luhan looked at Jae Hyun with wide eyes.

 

"Don't scare the guy, Jae Hyun!" His mother scolded.

 

"Mom! I know him! He's famous!" Jae Hyun said.

 

Luhan immediately put his mask back on.

 

"What are you talking about?" The woman asked his son.

 

"He's part of that famous korean pop group EXO. Well, atleast he used to be." Jae Hyun said.

"Is that the group Alex keeps on talking about?"

 

Jae Hyun ignored his mother and sat across Luhan.

 

"You're Luhan, right? You used to be in EXO?"

 

Luhan nodded shyly.

 

"I knew it."

"Can you please explain to me what is happening here? How can he be in a korean group if he's chinese?" the woman asked.

 

Jae Hyun told his mom that EXO has chinese members and Luhan used to be one of them. He told her a summary of what happened to Luhan and the group two years ago and his mom stopped him from explaining further when she noticed how uneasy Luhan looked.

 

"Hi, Luhan. I'm Kim Yoo In and that is my son, Jae Hyun. Sorry is he's making you uncomfortable. Anyway, if you need anything, tell me. You're free to stay here for as long as you want." Yoo In said.

 

"Yes, Luhan. You can talk to me, or not. I can't believe you're here! Too bad Alex broke up with me. If not, I'll call her right now and introduce you to her, she's a big fan." Jae Hyun said.

 

"Jae, enough." His mom said.

 

"Alright, alright. But really, you can stay here and we can hang out." Jae Hyun said.

"Go ahead and eat, dear. Just get more bread if you want, my treat." Yoo In said.

 

Luhan took his mask off again and smiled at the woman.

 

"Jae, look after the shop and answer the phone calls. I'll be in the kitchen preparing." Yoo In said as she left the two boys.

 

Luhan munched on his bread as Jae Hyun watched him.

 

"I can't believe you're here. It's a good thing none of those fangirls are following you around."

 

Luhan wrote that he just escaped from them and wrote a short story of what happened to him that morning.

 

"Really? crazy, huh? It's a good thing you found our shop. Nobody comes around here much snce it's a little far from the busy streets and there's not much place to hang out.

 

Luhan asked how come they have a lot of bread if nobody comes in. Jae Hyun explained that most of their breads are delivered to customers. His mom bakes and he's the one who does the delivery. It was good thing that Jae Hyun likes to talk, he told Luhan about him and his mother. Jae Hyun was born in Korea but he and his mom moved to LA when his father left them 10 years ago. His grandparents used to own Angel Kiss and they passed it down to Yoo In after they retired and went back to Korea. Luhan learned that Jae Hyun is a senior in high school and the boy told him that a lot of girls in his class likes EXO including his ex-girlfriend, Alex. Luhan liked Jae Hyun and he was glad he got lost and ended up at their cafe.

 

"So, can I call you hyung?" Jae Hyun suddenly asked.

Luhan just looked at him.

"Well, it's okay if you don't want to. I mean, I just asked since you're older than me and I was guessing I should be respectful."

 

Luhan showed him his paper with a note saying that it's okay.

 

"Oh, okay then. Thanks, Hyung!" Jae Hyun said.

 

Luhan spent the rest of the day listening to Jae Hyun's stories about him and his mother. When lunch time came, Yoo In comes out with a tray of pasta for both Luhan and Jae Hyun and told them to eat up. Luhan thanked her with a smile. After eating the pasta, Yoo In came out with a batch of freshly backed muffins and Luhan happily munched on them. It's been years since he tasted blueberry muffins. He tasted them and wrote down that they're the best muffins he has ever tasted. Yoo In thanked him and asked him if he wanted to help with the rest of the muffins. Luhan happily nodded yes.

 

"Hyung, do you have any plans tomorrow?" Jae Hyun asked and Luhan shook his head. He was busy pouring the batter on the muffin pans.

"Do you want to go with me to Disneyland? I have an extra ticket. It was supposed to be for Alex but you know what happened. I really want to go though since its been a while since I went."

 

Luhan thought about it. Suho was asking him to come with them during the general rehearsal tomorrow but he made a mental note to tell the leader that he'll just watch them during the actual show. 

 

Luhan agreed to go with Jae Hyun and in exchange, he invited him to watch the SM Town concert at night. The young boy was excited.

 

Luhan's phone beeped and he saw a message from D.O.

 

Hyung, where are you? We're worried. Front desk said you haven't been back since you left this morning.

 

Luhan explained to Jae Hyun and his mother that he needed to go. Yoo In insisted that Jae Hyun take him back to the hotel. Luhan was hesistant but Yoo In said it was okay.

 

"Yeah, hyung. I'm going to deliver some pastries and bread for an event anyway. I can drop you off on my way there."

 

Luhan sent a reply to D.O. saying to meet him at the hotel entrance at the basement parking. They reached the hotel after a few minutes and Suho and D.O. were there to meet them.

 

"Luhan hyung! Why didn't you tell us where you were going?" Suho asked.

 

Luhan quickyly scribbled that he forgot and he was sorry. He then introduced Jae Hyun to Suho and D.O.

 

"Nice to meet you. I'm Joon Myeon and this is Kyung Soo. Thanks for bringing Luhan hyung back."

"Suho hyung and D.O. hyung!!!!" Jae Hyun said as he gave both of them a hug.

"Sorry, I'm kind of a fan of you two. Anyway, no problem about that. I'm happy to take Luhan hyung back so those fangirls won't have to harrass him like they did this morning." Jae Hyun said.

"They what?"  Suho and D.O. looked at Luhan.

 

Jae Hyun explained to them what Luhan told him.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?" D.O. asked and Luhan showed him he was fine.

"As much as I love to stay and talk to you more, I really have to go. I have to make some quick deliveries to my mom's client."

"We understand."

"But before that, my mom wants me to give this to you."

 

Jae Hyun handed them two boxes.

 

"Those are blueberry muffins my mom made while Luhan hyung was with us. She said everyone must be tired from practice and deserves some treats."

"Oh, tell your mom we said thanks!" Suho said.

"No problem, and oh, Luhan hyung and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow. I told him I'll pick him up here then we'll go see your show in the evening."

 

Suho looked at Luhan for confirmation and the older one nodded.

 

"Okay. Just make sure you take care of him. Don't lose him." Suho said.

"I won't. I'll make sure Luhan hyung is always within my eye sight." 

"Alright. We'll see you at the show then."

"Yey!"

 

Suho, D.O. and Luhan waved good bye as Jae Hyun drove off.

 

 

 ******

 

It was already late at night but Sehun was still wide awake. He was waiting for his mother and father to come home since they told him they brought him something. Mr. and Mrs. Oh came from a private party that they couldn't decline to attend. As usual, they didn't take Sehun to the event.

 

Sehun heard a knock on his door and his mother peaked inside his room.

 

"Honey, are you still awake?"

"Yeah, mom. Why?" Sehun asked. His mother went inside his room holding a box.

"Your dad and I got you something from the party."

 

His mom sat beside him on his bed and opened the box.

 

"Muffins?" Sehun asked when he saw what was inside.

"Yup. Blueberry, from Angel Kiss" His mother said.

"Wow. Thanks, Mom." Sehun said as he took one muffin.

 

Blueberry muffins from Angel Kiss is Sehun's favorite. Those muffins made him happy.

 

"Oh." Sehun said as he ate the muffin.

"What is it?"

"This muffin, it's different."

"What do you mean? They're the same muffins, honey."

"I mean, I know they are but they give me a different feeling."

"Really? Like what? Happy?"

"Well, they always make me feel happy, mom but these ones, they somehow remind me of something I can't remember. Like my past." Sehun said as he took another muffin and munched on them.

 "Don't be silly, dear. It's just been a while since you last had them. That's probably why you're saying that. "

"Maybe."

 

A/N: Please tell me if the story is confusing. I know it's been a while since I updated, I apologize. I've been thinking a lot on how the story will go and it's so hard to connect my thoughts. I'm not gonna lie, I did think about dropping this but I got so many subscribers in the past two weeks even without a proper update so I though maybe there's still hope for this story. Again, sorry for the typos and everything. I'm a lazy person. I hate backreading and m fingers have minds of their own and will just type randomly at times.