Chapter Six

The Jerk Next Door

Chapter 6 (In Return...)

"Obviously dodging him would be your number one option. Why am I not surprise?" Amber popped in as I was hiding behind a column.  I gave her my glance at the corner of my eye and sighed.

"Well I don't know. I mean, unlike you, I could never face guys the same way after one confession. I mean, I take it to the heart!" I hissed, pulling out my pair of binoculars in search of whether Kai was in sight or not.

"Okay, you seriously need to see a psychiatrist before things get out of hand," Krystal joined in.  I rolled my eyes at her.

"Whatever. I just want school to end already! I mean, come on, this could get out of hand. The girl might've told the whole school already. Or worse, the internet!" I gasped for a breath of air. Krystal her Galaxy S5 on and checked facebook as well as twitter.  Amber did the same. On the other hand, I stood there, hyperventilating at the thought of him and me and the kiss and the confession.

"So?! Anything on? Anything at all before I lose it?!" I yelled silently. Krystal shook her head along with Amber.

"Nothing on. And fortunately, nothing sneaky. But that is for now. We don't know yet if she has revealed it to the public or not without the use of these two media sites," Amber said. There on her words, I was seriously in danger someone-please-kill-me-right-now mode.  

"This is exactly why I'm dodging him before he makes another scene. And things are not going to be pretty," I said and went our separate ways when the bell rang. I made my way towards classroom 2-B to find everyone still in their usual hangout places: nerds and geeks locate at the back, socializing for us norms in the middle, and the populars go in the front. It's a bit mean for the outcasts since they're all usually found scattering. However, nowhere near the populars, which all makes it a discrimination. But it's not as if anyone gives a care. Heck, even the outcasts don't mind.

I sit next to a window. It makes a perfect view of the busy city buildings of Seoul. When I first got this seat, I too was an outcast. But then I met Amber and Krystal. From then on, well, it's history. I sat down and continued to gaze through the buildings, the sun giving them the essence of superiority and royal to us mere commoners. Not that I hate it nor dislike it. In fact, they're mainly the reasons my career for my future is settled. However, still remains a secret and locked away in my heart. Until I am ready and out of high school then can I look into that once more. No distractions and certainly no Kai.

I took out a piece of scratch paper and started drawing the scenery the best in my abilities. Of course, I'm no perfectionist but a lot of people, back in the day, had been complimenting of my talents. As I carefully sketched the tallest building standing out among the rest, I noticed that the Mr. Kwon already went in and that everybody is back to their original seats. 

"Alright everyone. Take out your books and turn to page 179. We will begin our lesson now," he said. Seriously, mathematics. I swear you're going to kill me before I could even go throughout the rest of the day. I took a peek outside as usual at the soccer game. My eyes followed Kai's movements and positions. Yeah, mathematics. On second thought, forget what I just said. Gladly kill me now with your death rays of almighty equations and word problems. I need it. 

(After 46 minutes of pure torture)

"Alright everyone. This lesson will be a hint hint on the test. Make sure to study!" Mr. Kwon said and left the classroom with a wave of bye. Everyone released a huge whining and groaning mixing together. I packed my notes in my backpack and hurried on towards the girls' locker room to change for PE. First period girls take such a long time to prepare: perfume, makeup, hair-dos, and the neverending gossips and latest news about the outside world as well. The PE teacher stopped me from entering the locker room.

"Sorry honey. You'll have to wait until everyone has come out," she said. I sighed and gave her a nod. I stood against a wall, itching to go in already. Passing by surrounded with his group of friends, Kai walked by me without paying any attention to my existence at all. I actually held in my breath and my life inside of me as he did that. Exhaling with relief, I gladly went inside the locker room finally after what seemed to be millenia years after.

As I changed as quickly as I could, Amber and Krystal caught me by the arms.

"Whoa, slow down cheetah. Calm down," Krystal said and smiled. I gave her a laugh.

"What? Are you my mother now?" I asked sarcastically. Amber giggled.

"Well anyways, so we recently checked Facebook and no news so far. Two things: either Kai found her and forced her not to do it or she decided to keep it to herself and plan revenge on you and Kai, which won't happen since Krys and I are going to be here to protect you," Amber said with a grin. I shivered at the thought of "plan revenge" but when she added herself and Krystal with the word "protect", it gave me reassurance in the end. No harm no foul.

"Thanks guys. Now come on, let's get to PE. I hear it's going to be soccer and girls versus boys," I said with full on pride. Amber chuckled.

"Please! I can beat them in no time. You don't need to tell me twice," she commented. Krystal nodded and we three left the locker room to go to our practice game of soccer.

 

Entering the classroom 2-B, we all took a seat at our usual seats. Usually the teacher comes in here late but surprisingly, Mr. Kwon decides to show up earlier than usual. I took out my notebook for my note taking and the math book out. 

"Okay everyone. Turn to page 179. We'll continue from where we left off," our teacher said and turned to face the board to write down the important equations needed to be memorized for our coming up big exam. I took a long, good stare at the never ending list of formulas and word problems and started writing them all down on my paper. However, after this continuation for ten minutes straight, I was then distracted by the noise made below outside. Ah, the soccer game we played this morning. The guys won as usual and with the normality of things, girls praised us for our hardwork and sweat. It was, in truth, a bit of an annoyance, considering the fact that the girls weren't even trying just so they could worship us more.

Well mainly me. This time though, the game is different. No girl was slacking off nor any of the guys showing off. To put it simply, everything went by its rules: kick, pass, goal, outs, timeouts, etc. with no cheating whatsoever. Despite all of that, my eyes gaze upon Haneul herself. The ways she moved her body, feet and legs just to get a little taste of the ball were all excellent. Even though she got hit by the ball several times, Haneul never complained. She got back at her feet and resumed her position. I let out a chuckle at her. Since when did this girl manage to rise back up so quickly after how long since my rejection to her confession took place? She easily met my standards as if she knew where my weak spots were. I twirled my pencil and continued to watch her play with great amusination. 

(After 46 minutes)

"The test is coming up you guys. Heads up. This lesson is going to be on the exam so study hard. Even though I am very confident you all will pass it easily, still, study for your own sake. You don't know what else I might put in there," Mr. Kwon said and waved a good bye. We all laughed at his comment. He is right though. Not one person in this class has gotten any grade lower than an A-. I noticed everyone at soccer went back into their lockers, only to find Haneul the only one staying. She started picking up the equipments one by one. Each time she dropped off an equipment, Hanuel would smile proudly. I smiled at her hardworking self.

"Yo, dude, come on. Science is up next," Sehun called out. I nudged my head.

"Yeah be right there," I said. As I was about to leave, I felt a piece of paper inside the desk: a drawing of the tallest building in Seoul. I took a long look at its details. Wow, whoever drew this must be a professional. I chuckled and slipped it inside my bag for safekeeping. Talented one. I wonder who it is. I quickly took out a piece of paper and wrote down a message:

Dear Talented Artist,

I have your picture of the building. If you want it back, in return, meet me after school in the library. And if this is who I think it is, well, guess it's your lucky day today. Meet me still. Oh and if you don't, that event will be spread throughout this school's news page online right away. Choi Haneul...

-Kai

I smirked at the letter and left it inside the desk. I managed to catch up with Sehun and the rest of the group to go to Science. Haneul, in return, you will only belong to me. Play the game the way you want it. But the one who gets to control all of you is me. 

 

 

Chapter 6 (In Return...)

E N D

Finally published this chapter. I hope you all liked it. Or at least loved it. I think this may be the longest chapter I've ever typed so far. Yes I will continue focusing more on Kai since Haneul's are a bit too long. Also, the main plot of all of this is just getting started. So please look forward to some more of the upcoming chapters. Thank you to all of my new subcribers. Please do continue on commenting and upvoting for additional supports. Thank you again! Then, we'll meet again. 

xoxo