Why? 2/2

Adventures of the Heart [REVIEWING UNDER PROGRESS]

Miyoung returned back after a whole day of working. "Sooyeon! Dinner's here!" Hearing no response, Miyoung got curious and went to check where is his buddy while calling out his name. Then, he noticed the post-it note. "Where are you going huh?" Miyoung mumbled as he placed it back on the photo.

***

Meanwhile, Sooyeon reached the headquarters. Walking inside, juniors greet him and he nodded back. Knocking, he went into Boss office. "Oh, it has been a while, Sooyeon. Did you accomplish the mission?" His boss, Lee Soo Man, turned and asked him.

"I came to find out answers from you today." Sooyeon said coldly. "Interesting. You always is the unexpected. Feel free to ask any questions then."

"Why had you sent me to kill Kim Taeyeon? Her mother is Lee Sunny, whom is your daughter. Then Kim Taeyeon should be your granddaughter! Why did you want me to kill Kim Taeyeon?"

Lee Soo Man was shocked. He stayed in his position, not saying anything. Not giving up, Sooyeon continued asking.“Do you even know that Taeyeon’s parents were killed by Dargons? Still, you want me to kill your own granddaughter! Why did you do that for?”

Sighing, Lee Soo Man rubbed his temples. “Yes, Taeyeon is my granddaughter. Sunny fell in love with Kim Hyoyeon when Hyoyeon saved her from a group of thugs. Since then, the 2 of them had been meeting up secretly behind my back, at that time I had arranged another marriage for Sunny, and that marriage was with the leader of Dragons, Sungmin.

However, Sunny objected. Thus, I sent someone to tail her and it was not long before I found out about Hyoyeon and Sunny. I tried all of the ways to separate them. I sent men to beat up Hyoyeon in front of Sunny, locked Sunny in a room, but all these, it did not work at all.

Eventually, both of them ran and hid away. Sungmin was really angry and he declared war between us Shadows and Dragons. Then, one day, Sunny and Hyoyeon death news came. Sungmin sent me a letter, stating that he let Sunny watched Hyoyeon die before killing her himself.

At the end, he wrote in red ink, revenge is sweet. I was really heartbroken. I didn’t even get to see them, didn’t even give them my wishes and they died so easily. Not long after, I heard news from my investigator they had a daughter. I was happy, but I knew that Taeyeon would be killed sooner or later by Dragons if they find out. Hence, I let her live her life happily and gave her lots of things, satisfying Taeyeon, even hiring bodyguards for her so she will not come to any harm.

However, one day, I got news that Taeyeon had been found by the Dragons. I know that Taeyeon will suffer a lot before she dies if she is going to be captured by the Dragons. They will do all sort of things to her. Yet, I cannot save her; I cannot show myself to her.

You know what, Sooyeon? I was debating and struggling. If I kill her, she will be saved from suffering. So, I sent you to kill her. At least, at least it will reduce her suffering, Sooyeon.” Lee Soo Man said as he leaned back on his armchair.

“Even so, you should not have told me to kill her! You can send someone, you can protect her! Can’t you?” Sooyeon said angrily.

“Sooyeon… You fell in love with Taeyeon, hadn’t you?” Lee Soo Man said as he shook his head. “Hyoyeon talked to me like this too when I told him he cannot be with Sunny. He called me a coward and everything. Sooyeon, sometimes, things must be sacrificed for the bigger picture.”

Gritting his teeth, Sooyeon felt immense pain in his heart. He did not say another word, said. “I will be going to eliminate the Dragons. Don’t even try to stop me. I am going to help Taeyeon avenge her parent’s death.”

“No, Sooyeon! Dragons have a high security and they won’t let you in so easily. Don’t go!” Lee Soo Man said as he stood up from his desk. “No. I have decided. No one can change my mind.” Sooyeon said as he left.

***

Taeyeon woke up and looked around. “Hey, you okay?” Turning, Taeyeon saw Miyoung looking at her. Nodding, she whispered,” Where’s Ice?” Miyoung blinked his eyes. “Who’s Ice?” “T-the blonde hair guy.”

“Oh, do you mean Sooyeon? Ice must be his nick name then… His real name is Jung Sooyeon, not Ice.” Miyoung said as he smiled, his eyes disappearing.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but stare at Miyoung eye smile. She had just met 2 very handsome guys in a few days. What luck was that? Taeyeon smiled weakly back and Miyoung sat her up carefully. “Erm, I am going to change your dressing.”

Carefully removing the bandage, Miyoung cleaned the wound once again and placed a new gauze and bandage over it. “Do it hurt?” Miyoung asked quietly as he wrapped finish the bandage. “No, It don’t. Just sting a little.” Taeyeon said as she smiled.

Miyoung now knew why Sooyeon had fell for this girl. He himself was also entranced. Yet, he promised Sooyeon to take care of her, not fall for her. Love is really a complicated thing.

***

Sooyeon stared at the building in front of him. This is the Dragons headquarters. Taking a deep breath, Sooyeon stepped into the back alley, looking for people who stepped out. Spotting one, Sooyeon pulled him onto the back alley and knocked him unconscious, tying and gagging him, and then wearing the guy's sweater and cap. Taking the guy's identity, Sooyeon looked and saw the guy name as Taeyang.

Walking in the building, Sooyeon lowered his head and tapped his identity card. "Confirmed." The speaker spoke and Sooyeon went in. Looking through the directory, Sooyeon saw that the director's office was at the top floor. Walking to the lift, he took it to the top floor.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related Play it  T-ara We were in love.

Walking, Sooyeon glanced around warily. Everyone was busy doing their own things, and no one took notice of him. Sooyeon walked slowly and painfully. With every step, he felt his heart thumping faster.

Finally, he saw the director's office. Knocking, he heard a "come in." Opening the door, Sooyeon saw a middle-aged guy sitting on a armchair. "Finally, Ice. I have been awaiting." Said a clear voice as the person looked up, smiling.

Whipping out his gun, Sooyeon snarled. "Why? Why had you killed Taeyeon's parents? Just because Hyoyeon did not let Sunny be with you? Just because Sunny and Hyoyeon love each other? Tell me!"

Sungmin laughed. "Dear, dear, look at how agitated you are, Sooyeon. Tell me. Do you love Kim Taeyeon huh? Seems that you love her so much so as to come here and tell me what to do, risking your own life, which can drop dead at any moment!

Do you know? I love her! I love Sunny so much! Yet, yet she went off with that bas**** Hyoyeon! Do you know how much pain I was in? Seeing my love running away from me!"

"No, Sungmin. You are wrong. Absolutely. If you truly love Sunny, you would have let her go, you would have set her free. Cause, you will know. She is yours if she comes back. If she don't, then she never ever was yours.

Love is not about possession. Love is about letting go. When Sunny walked away from you, you should have let her go, cause, your destiny was never tied together with someone who left." Sooyeon said calmly as he stared at Sungmin.

"What? Letting go? Telling me to let go of someone who I deeply loved? Ice, you are crazy! Absolutely crazy! Why would I let someone go? Sunny Lee is mine! Forever mine! MINE!" Sungmin roared as he banged both of his hand on the table.

"Sungmin. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but felt with the heart. You think Sunny is yours, have you ever thought whether Sunny will be truly happy if she ever was with you? She loves Hyoyeon. You never truly loved Sunny.

If your life was all you had to give your beloved, will you give it? Will you? Ask yourself this question. Sungmin. Will you?" Sooyeon said. "I believe that I love Taeyeon. You can feel it. I will start taking notice of her; I will care for her endlessly, not caring about other people gazes.

I believe, if falling in love is like taking off or flying, then love is like landing. So what if I die here? At least I experience what love is like. True love begins when nothing is looked for in return, Sungmin."

Dropping on his armchair, Sungmin cried. For the first time in many years since Sunny's death, Sungmin cried. He felt guilty. Guilty of his actions. For the past few years, he had always believed he is correct by killing Sunny and Hyoyeon. They caused him pain. Pain that was unbearable, but he never placed himself in their shoes. He was... wrong.

Sooyeon sighed as he lowered his gun. Turning, Sooyeon left another sentence as he walked out. "Loving is never a waste of time, Sungmin. Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile. Don't you think so?" Sooyeon said as he smiled a little.

Sooyeon walked out of Sungmin's office calmly, not caring about the stares he received from the fellow workers. Walking to the lift, he went down. Everything just flashed past him as Sooyeon walked on slowly, not caring about the world, but only Taeyeon.

Walking down the street, Sooyeon went to the bank. "I want 1 billion won." The banker looked up in surprise and stuttered. "1-1 billion won?" "Yes." Sooyeon replied coldly. "Sure, please give me your account number."

After taking the money, Sooyeon went to the travel agency. "A pair of tickets to Paris." Looking at the tickets in his hand, Sooyeon smiled. Wait for me, Taeyeon.

***

"Hey, Taeyeon. Wakie! Time for your medicine!" Miyoung smiled as Taeyeon pouted, while hiding her head under the blanket. "Now, now, don't be a naughty girl!" Miyoung said as he smiled at Taeyeon. "Eh? What's that?" Miyoung said as he saw Taeyeon something black poking out from under her blanket.

Taeyeon slowly took out the black thing, and seeing that it's a jacket, she realised it must have belong to Sooyeon. "Hey, that's just a jacket, stop staring at it. Eat your medicine. It's more important." Miyoung said, a little jealous at what Taeyeon did.

Taeyeon smiled and decided to tease Miyoung and said,"Oh~ Someone’s jealous! Haha." Miyoung blushed and turned away. "Yah! Stop laughing! Eat your medicine now!"

"Okay, okay." Taeyeon said as she laughed. Miyoung smiled as he watched Taeyeon ate and make a frowning expression. "Is your arm okay now?" He asked. Taeyeon smiled brightly and rotate her left arm a few times. "Yeah. It had been cured already! As good as new!" Miyoung smiled and told Taeyeon to behave herself while he went to work.

"Hello! I am back with dinner! Miyoung said cheerfully as he went inside his house. "Taeyeon, come out!" Taeyeon came running out of her room a few seconds later, shouting "Where's dinner!" causing Miyoung to chuckle.

The two of them chatted happily as they talked. Seeing that there's rice on Taeyeon's cheek, Miyoung laughed and helped her to clear it, while feeling his heart thumping real fast.

Unknown to both Taeyeon and Miyoung, a pair of eyes was watching them with sadness and hurt. Why? Miyoung, tell me why. You are the one who told me to hold on to Taeyeon, yet now, are you falling for her? Seems that my absence don't affect 2 of you at all... My presence, it has no meaning at all...

Sooyeon thought as a tear rolled down his cheek silently. Tell me, Taeyeon, should I smile because I had known such a wonderful girl like you or cry because all we will ever be is just friends?

***

Smirking, a guy talked into his walkie talkie. "Junho, I think he like that Taeyeon girl. There's the girl and guy inside the house. Ice? He just left. Garage I think. Okay. Meet you in the house." Wooyoung laughed as he looked at Taeyeon and Miyoung who was chatting happily.

"Open the door!" Just as they were talking, someone banged on the door and Miyoung quickly went to get it. A man with small eyes was standing outside and without waiting for Miyoung to talk, pushed Miyoung inside and took out a gun.

Gulping, Miyoung went into the dining table with his hands up. "Who is-" Taeyeon last sentence was cut off as she stared in shock. "Well, well, seems that we met again huh, Miss Kim. Too bad, no Ice to save you today! Hahaha!" Junho said as he laughed. Finally Taeyeon reacted. She screamed and Junho immediately point his gun at her. "Shut up, girl!" He roared. "Go into the bedroom, 2 of you, while I wait for my brother! GO!"

 

Sooyeon sighed as he took out his tickets. He was contemplating, whether to give Taeyeon and Miyoung the ticket. Not knowing what to do, he growled and punched the nearby wall. Suddenly, a scream pierced through the silent night. Taeyeon! Sooyeon though as he quickly ran over to Miyoung's house, going in silently through the back door. "...while I wait for my brother! GO!" Sooyeon recognised the voice. It was Junho. Creeping into the bedroom, Sooyeon said in a cold voice," Are you waiting for me now?"

Junho jumped and spun around. His hand trembled as he remembered the agony Sooyeon gave him. Now, facing Sooyeon alone, Junho was afraid. Where's Woo? Damn it! Why is he so slow? Sooyeon walked forward slowly and Junho backed away, terrified. "Leave them alone. Coward. How dare you attack them when I am not around." Sooyeon said in a menacing voice.

"I-I" Junho words died in his throat as he gulped while seeing Sooyeon's eye that blazed with anger. Without saying a word, Sooyeon lunged forward and attacked Junho who just managed to escape Sooyeon's flurry of punches.

BANG

A sound resounded throughout the whole room. Wooyoung finally stepped out of the shadows, with a gun in his hand. He had shot Sooyeon in the hand. Sooyeon gasped out in pain and dropped to the floor, while Taeyeon screamed and Miyoung gasped in fear. "So, Ice, how does it feel to be shot huh? You had so much fun shooting others, now it's your time to suffer! So many people will thank me!" Wooyoung smirked as he pointed his gun at Sooyeon.

Sooyeon, unfazed, stood up, clutching his hand. Not saying a word, he gave a punch to Wooyoung stomach, and Wooyoung lay winded, on the floor, gasping for air. "H-how... " Sooyeon merely stared at him. Turning his head to look at Junho, who backed away, Sooyeon pulled out his rifle. "I haven't use this on anyone yet. Junho, feel privileged to be the first one to be killed by me." Sooyeon smirked as he fired and Junho dropped down on the floor.

Looking up, Sooyeon sighed as he saw Taeyeon looking at him with fear. "So, that's what I am to you huh, Taeyeon? Someone who kills everyone." He said while smiling faintly. "You know what hurts the most? It hurts for me to see you, it hurts for me to let go. However, if i hold on to you, it hurts more.

The funny thing is, I don't want to let go, because, I believe and hope that someday, we will have a second chance. The hardest thing in this world is letting go of the things you never really had.

I don't regret, cause love is a sweet tyranny, and the lover endure his torments willingly. I don't regret, because of you, at least I know what love is. Like clouds love the sky, ocean loves the sand, the winter loves the snow, the snow loves the breeze, it's all connected. It's called unconditional love that is in our heart. I don't regret cause - "

BANG! BANG!

Sooyeon looked down and saw blood flowing out from his body. There were 2 holes where the bullets were fired. Staggering, Sooyeon turned around and saw Wooyoung holding the gun looking at him. With the last ounce of his strength, Sooyeon pinned Wooyoung to the wall and gripped Wooyoung's gun, placing the barrel between Wooyoung eyes. "Goodbye." Sooyeon whispered as he fired.

Wooyoung slumped to the ground while Sooyeon leaned against the wall for support. Miyoung rushed forward and help Sooyeon. "Don't close your eyes, Sooyeon! Don't close it!" He shouted. Sooyeon knelt on the ground as he felt his vision go blur.

Taeyeon rushed forward and supported Sooyeon too. She cried upon seeing Sooyeon in his weak state. "No, Sooyeon, don't, the ambulance will be arriving soon." She whispered. Sooyeon smiled upon hearing her words.

"Take the gun bag and open it, Miyoung." Sooyeon whispered softly. Miyoung let out a gasp once he saw what is inside. "Sooyeon..." Sooyeon chuckled. "That's for your rent, now you don't need to worry. There's 1 billion won inside." Miyoung let his tears flow as he held Sooyeon.

Taking out the plane tickets, Sooyeon hand it over to Miyoung. "Take this, go. Get away from this place if you want. Treat it as a holiday.""I-in the gun bag, there's also a photo album, it's your parents photos. I got it from the Dragons." Sooyeon said as he told Taeyeon, who whimpered. "D-Don't ask me why I did so much, Taeyeon," Sooyeon broke off, coughing out blood. "C-cause I l-love you." Sooyeon said as he smiled faintly.

Taeyeon cried as she heard Sooyeon's words. She finally knew where her jigsaw puzzle is. It's with Sooyeon all the time. She had loved Sooyeon all along. Yet, it's too late now. Taeyeon thought as she felt her heart break into million pieces. "I love you too... Sooyeon." Taeyeon cried. Sooyeon smiled upon hearing Taeyeon's word and finally, closed his eyes.