Assassin Love 1/?

Adventures of the Heart [REVIEWING UNDER PROGRESS]

She remembers, the first time they met.

“Welcome to Ice Café!” Looking up, she saw her brushing off the rain on her coat.

“Can I have one cup of caramel macchiato?”

“No problem, please take a seat!” She said while smiling brightly. After it was finished, she took it to the table where she was sitting.

“Is this your own café?” She asked. She smiled and nodded slightly. She nodded in acknowledgement and looked out of the window thoughtfully.

---

The bells rang. “Welcome to Ice Café!” It was her again.

“Hi there! What would you like to have today?”

“One cup of caramel macchiato, thank you.” She smiled and went back to the seat she sat on yesterday.

“Please enjoy the coffee!” She smiled and went back to work. For the next few days, the next few weeks, she kept coming in and ordering the same thing.

 

 She remembers the first conversation they had.

“Morning! A cup of caramel macchiato?” She smiled and nodded.

“So, why are you here every day? Does our coffee taste that good?” She asked with a chuckle.

“Indeed, it tastes nice. Thanks for making it.” She said with a small smile.

“Don’t you have work though?”

“Are you tired of seeing my face every day?”

“No no! It’s just how can you come here every day if you have work?” She explained hastily waving her hands around.

“My work… I am taking a few weeks off.” She laughed.

“What do you work as though?” She asked curiously.

“… Assassin.”

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Huh?!”

She laughed, a melodic sound. “Just kidding. Engineer.”

And the conversation continued on.

 

She remembers the period of time when she stopped coming.

“Missing that regular?” Her friend teased.

“No! I was just wondering why she stopped coming….” She trailed off. Her friend chuckled and walked away.

She waited till late at night every day, but, she never appeared.

 

She remembers the first time she staggered in, body full of blood.

“Welcome to Ice- OHMYGOD are you okay?” She rushed to her side and helped her into her apartment just above the café.

She was murmuring incoherent words and groaning in pain. Taking off her coat, she gasped when she saw a stab wound on her right abdomen.

“W-we have to take you to a hospital now!” She stuttered and fumbled around for her things. A grip on her wrist stopped her.“N-no, no-not the h-hospital.” She mumbled before slipping into unconsciousness.

She panicked. Fumbling around, she took the emergency first aid kit, a bowl of warm water and a clean towel. Carefully cleaning off the blood on her, she took out a bandage before pressing it on the wound and wrapped it.

Picking up her phone, she dialed for her friend who is a doctor. “Sooyoung! Can you come over to my place now?”

“Woah, this is pretty serious. How did she get this wound?” Sooyoung asked as she patched up the wound after cleaning it once more.

“I… I don’t know.” She said uncertainly.

 “Well, after your friend here wakes up, make sure she don’t get a fever within one week and don’t do any strenuous activities that might open up the wound again.” Sooyoung said as she cleaned her hands. “Okay. Thanks, Soo.”

---

“Urghh, where am I…” She mumbled as she struggled to sit up before falling down once again, groaning in pain.

“Hey! Don’t move so suddenly! What if you open up the wound once again?” She exclaimed as she rushed to her side immediately.

“You’ve been out for two days, here, take sips of water.” She said as she held the straw up for her. “Thanks for helping me,” She murmured and tried to get up. “I should leave now.”

“B-but you are injured!” She said as she stared at the figure gathering her things.

“It’s common injury. No worries.” She said, giving a small, thin smile as she staggered to the door of her apartment.

“Wait! Please, stay here until you recover!” She shouted at the figure. The figure stood still for a second before shaking her head. “Thanks for the hospitality but I must decline.”

“Then, what is your name?”

“… So-Jessica.”

 

Taeyeon! Taeyeon! KIM TAEYEON!” Sunny shouted at her co-boss, successfully waking the latter out of her reverie. 

"What?!" Taeyeon said as she scrambled up from her seat. "Take the orders and move your lazy ! There's customers waiting for their coffee!" Sunny screamed at her co-boss aka best friend. Staring at the dark liquid flowing down, Taeyeon's mind wandered off again. Is she going to be okay? What if she fainted on her way home? Where did she get that big of a wound? Wh- "OUCH!" Taeyeon hissed as the hot coffee came in contact with her petite hands. Hearing the scream, Sunny rushed over and mentally facepalmed herself. "Hey, Yuri! Can you help take over Taeyeon while I bring this clumsy girl to the staff room?" 

Without waiting for a reply, Sunny immediately dragged Taeyeon to the restroom and washed the girl's hand before applying ointment on it. "Aish, Kim Taeyeon, what is wrong with you these few days, zoning out and all?" "It's nothing, Sunny ah." I am worried for Jessica though... Taeyeon sighed heavily as she wrinkled her nose at the smell of the ointment. 

 

"Welcome to Ice Cafe!" Taeyeon said cheerfully as she looked up at the customer. To her surprise, it was her. Jessica gave a small smile,"One caramel macchiato, please." After preparing the coffee, Taeyeon gave it to Jessica before taking a seat across her. "So, how is your wound?" "It still aches but it's fine. Thanks for asking." Jessica replied with a tired smile. "Oh..." Taeyeon mumbled as she hesitated to ask the next question on her mind. "If you don't mind, can I know where you got that wound from...?" Jessica rested her face on her chin and looked out of of the window at the bustling street.

"Well, to sum it up, I got stabbed by someone." She said as she chuckled. "I told you before, I work as an assassin," Jessica said as she looked at Taeyeon. "so, during my mission, I got stabbed by someone. End of story." Jessica said as she drank her coffee. "So, what you said was true after all..." Taeyeon mumbled, shock evident on her face. "Indeed, I don't lie." Jessica smiled softly at Taeyeon. "So, you know my name but I don't know yours. What's your name Miss Owner?" "Oh!" Taeyeon blushed. "Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." "Well, hello then, Kim Taeyeon." 

That was the start of their story,

 

Hi! So I came up with this idea randomly and yeah. I will try to find time (and inspiration) to update the other two stories even though I can't guarantee anything! Happy reading! :)