Trouble has arrived

A Race to My Heart

***

 

Lights flashed by faster than the sound of the tires that pretty much flew over the wet road which consisted mostly out of curves in between smaller hills. While leaning onto the backrest of his seat, Himchan confidently owned every part of the road with both Ilhoon and Nam behind him.

He watched his opponents through the rearview mirror right above his eyes. The lights from their cars flashed through the mirror and lightened his eyes to the point that they were visible for them. Himchan smirked and turned to the passenger seat beside him to turn up the air-gas filled tank that made his baby growl like a beautiful monster before accelerating ahead, leaving them a mile behind in just matter of seconds.

While he drove with a victorious smile plastered on his face, he didn’t notice that one of the cars from behind was catching up to his dangerously fast speed. Himchan furrowed his eyebrows before his brain processed the fact that none other than Ilhoon was again right behind him.

Himchan was the only one in town that had access to the strongest air-gas in the country and seeing Ilhoon so close to him even though he already was using his tank, made him suspect one thing or the other.

Ever since he found his new personal source to those one of a kind air-gas tanks, people have tried everything to steal them. Literally everything. Even hurting one of the most precious things in his life. Some bastards had the courage to involve none other than Jayla into this whole thing. It was on a night a few months ago, right in the beginning of his successful deals, where he got a call from someone that had kidnapped his girlfriend and threatened him to give her back only if Himchan was ready to give up on every single reservoir he owned.

At first he didn’t believe in anything they said but once he heard Jayla scream in the background from the punches that reached his ears, he couldn’t get the fact that someone was really ing with him. What angered him the most was the fact that even up until today, after Jayla managed to escape from them, he still didn’t know who the rascal that dared to touch his love was. And ever since that day, he didn’t trust anyone. Everyone automatically became his enemies and he swore to himself that once he found out who it was, he would make sure to make their life a living hell.

Now, seeing Ilhoon driving as fast as Himchan did was another thing to put on Ilhoon’s list of suspected because not long after Jayla came back, someone managed to steal three of the smallest tanks of the powerful gas.

Caught up in his own thoughts, Himchan didn’t realize that Ilhoon was driving ahead of him. With clenched teeth he shifted the gear to a higher one and didn’t hesitate to put more pressure on the gas pedal in front of him. In just matter of seconds he was in front of Ilhoon again and through the rearview mirror he could see Ilhoon put his middle finger up to him.

“I’m watching you, arsehole,” Himchan spat out before accelerating even more, making the car growl louder, “And you are dead once this is over.”

He drove off and through the last part of today’s track with Ilhoon, Nam and the rest right behind him. While approaching the club area, all the cars finished off the race by drifting through the very last curve that was very close to the club. Once people saw them, they started shouting and whistling after they saw who the winner was. Some people even screamed out of shock when they saw that the winner wasn’t Himchan. It was someone they didn’t expect.

Ilhoon was the winner.

Even Himchan who just pulled his car to the side couldn’t believe his eyes. At the very last part, the very last curve, Ilhoon did something that shouldn’t be done by anyone and that is only out of safety. Using the air-gas while wheeling excessively is like an unwritten rule between the drivers, yet he did it and before Himchan could notice it, he drifted past him and with that arrived first.

“You son of a !” Himchan ran out of his car and towards Ilhoon who just opened his door with the hugest smirk he had ever seen on him.

Before the younger could proceed what was going on, Himchan grabbed him by his collar and slammed his body onto the car.

“Yah!” a very shocked Namjoon ran up to them but Himchan ignored him while holding Ilhoon by his neck with one of his hands.

“Are you ing crazy? Huh?!” Himchan shouted at him while everyone gathered around them.

Ilhoon refused to answer and just kept on smiling right into Himchan’s face which only angered him more.

“You could have killed all of us you head! And don’t think that I’m stupid. I ing know what you are doing!”

“What am I doing, huh?!” Ilhoon cocked his head up in an arrogant way, making Himchan widen his eyes even more, “Stop being such a bad loser!”

“A bad loser? Says the biggest cheater around!”

“You have no ing evidence.”

Himchan clenched his teeth because Ilhoon was right. Even if it was true that Ilhoon has stolen some of his tanks, he didn’t have any evidence at all so he couldn’t do anything about that. Ilhoon was a very dirty player and one of the smartest ones too which pissed Himchan off even more. But he didn’t plan on giving up. He was determined more than ever to find evidence and end this once and for all. The hate that was trapped inside of his body wanted out, and he needed the right man to release it on. Everyone who s with him and the people he truly loves, will suffer from it sooner or later.

“Am I done for tonight?” Nam’s voice knocked Himchan out of his trance.

“Yeah, you can go,” he heard Namjoon answer in a serious voice and he knew that he was still looking at the scene that everyone was witnessing, “Yoongi come here!”

“Now, get your hands off of me,” the tone in Ilhoon’s voice was more serious this time, “I have to go and get my prize.”

“Guys it’s enough!” Namjoon took a few steps closer to them.

Himchan watched Ilhoon with a disgusted face while still holding onto him. As much as he wanted to beat the crap out of him at the moment, he didn’t want to cause a scene so he slowly released him while Ilhoon brushed off some invincible dust from his shoulders.

“The money might not be the only thing I take from yo-“

A very strong fist connected with the left side of Ilhoon’s face before he could finish his sentence. Before Himchan could do more damage to him, Namjoon and Yoongi stepped in between them and stopped the whole scene.

Normally, Himchan would have ignored those comments that the younger let out but at this moment he has lost any patience and didn’t have tolerance to anything that has him involved.

“Yah! The show is over, move now!” Yoongi walked around and waved the crowd off.

Himchan ran up to Daehyun and a frightened Jayla before thanking Daehyun for being there and grabbing Jayla’s hand to get her out of here. He didn’t want her to be near anyone at the moment because everyone was still a candidate for the bastard that was guilty for everything that has happened to his girlfriend.

“Himchan, my car is on the other side..” Jayla spoke softly as he dragged her towards his car.

“I will get it in the morning. You are coming with me now.”

“But-“

“I said I will get it in the morning! Now please,” he turned around and held her by her shoulders, “Just follow me without any questions.”

Not wanting him to be angrier than he already was, Jayla just rolled her eyes and let him guide them towards his car.

 

***

 

Not only the soft sunshine that entered their room through the huge window, but the scent of fresh and delicious breakfast were the elements that brought Jayla back from her dreamland. She rubbed her eyes a bit before stretching her whole body on the gigantic bed she shared with her boyfriend.

Jayla stood from the bed and walked up to the window to let her face take in some of the warmth that entered her room. Seconds after she rested her hands on the window interior sill, she felt two arms embrace her from behind before Himchan rested his head on her shoulder.

“Good morning beautiful,” he whispered before kissing her cheek.

“Morning,” she answered lazily.

“Breakfast is ready,” he turned her around and pecked her lips before dragging her towards their cozy kitchen.

“But I wanted to shower…”

“You can do that after breakfast.”

Jayla followed after him and once she caught sight of the table she smiled. Himchan prepared a whole typical light European breakfast just the way she loved it. Boiled eggs, toasted bread, freshly cut vegetables.

“It looks delicious,” she commented as she took a seat.

“Wait till you taste it then,” Himchan bragged while handing her a cup of tea, “Be careful, it’s hot.”

The two of them started eating while talking about their plans for the day, totally ignoring the events from last night. And honestly, Jayla didn’t even want to know because it would only make her and Himchan argue again so she decided to let him do whatever he wanted as long as he fixed it in the end.

“If you want, we can go out for dinner once I get back,” Himchan offered.

Jayla tilted her head to the side while chewing on her toast, “No, it’s okay. I think Hyuna wanted to go shopping today before going over to Sohyun’s. Where are you going by the way?”

“Just meeting the guys. They texted me a moment ago.”

“Oh, okay. Sounds fun.”

“Are you going to be alright today?”

Jayla froze once he asked that question before looking up from her plate and right into his eyes with a serious expression, “I don’t see a reason to why I wouldn’t be alright.”

“Jay…”

“No Himchan, don’t even get started. I will be alright okay? Nothing is going to happen. Just stop with this,” she spoke tiredly and returned to eating.

“You have to understand m-“

“I do! I really do,” she interrupted him, “If there is anyone who understands you the most, then it’s me. But you have to understand me too. I’m growing tired of this topic day after day. Now, please let’s enjoy our breakfast and continue with our plans for today, okay?”

She could see him clench his teeth but brushed it off right away before letting out a cold “okay” and continuing with his food.

 

***

 


Where are you now?”

“I’m entering Daehyun’s place,” answered Youngjae as he opened the front door to Daehyun’s house, “Is your boyfriend on the way?”

He heard Jayla sigh through the phone before speaking, “Yeah I think so.”

“Did you fight again?” Youngjae asked exhaustingly.

The line went silent for a few seconds before he heard Jayla’s voice again, “You are not the only one who is tired of this.”

“The two of you are unbelievable,” he commented as he entered Daehyun’s living room. He heard the sound of streaming water coming from the bathroom on the first floor which gave him a hint that Daehyun was taking a shower.

“Please, let’s just drop it,” Jayla offered.

As much as Youngjae hated seeing his sister and best friend argue all the time, he couldn’t do anything about it. He knew that Himchan’s action weren’t useless because he too was sick worried during the time they took Jayla. Also, Himchan didn’t do anything physically so Youngjae didn’t see a reason to go in between their fights. It’s their relationship so they should handle it on their own. Besides, Jayla is a smart girl who knows what’s best for her.

“You know what, let’s visit mom and dad soon,” he changed the topic while still waiting for Daehyun to come out and Himchan to arrive.

“Why soon?”

“I don’t know about you but I miss my parents,” he confessed.

“Now that you mention it, I miss them too.”

“That’s why I’m saying let’s visit them for a night.”

“Sounds good. I need a rest from all the drama around me.”

“Good. Then we have a plan,” he smiled just as he heard the front door open and close, “Himchan is here now. Gotta go.”

“Alright, talk to you later then.”

The siblings ended their call just as Himchan entered the room. Before he could say anything, they heard the bathroom door open before Daehyun walked out and in matter of minutes the three of them were sitting in the living room.

“So what’s up?” Himchan started as he sipped on his coffee that he bought for them on the way.

Daehyun and Youngjae exchanged looks before looking at Himchan again with worried eyes.

“What is it?” Himchan arched an eyebrow.

“We have bad news…” Daehyun started.

“What bad news?”

Youngjae rubbed his temples as he tried to find the right words but in the end decided just to tell him what was up, “Yongguk is in town.”

Himchan chocked on the hot liquid that he was sipping from, “What?! What is he doing here?”

Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck, “I don’t really know. According to Yoongi, he is back for good.”

“What the hell?”

“Yeah… he said that Yongguk grew tired of the life in Japan so he is back now to start over again.”

“Start over my . Once he gets back together with his brother, hell is going to break loose and that’s the last thing I need right now in this whole mess,” Himchan ran his free hand through his hair.

It was silent in the room for a moment while hundreds of thoughts crossed Himchan’s mind. All he wanted was to fix the problem about Jayla and with more distraction around them, it would only take more time. And time was something he didn’t have when it came to that issue.

“So… what are we going to do now?” Youngjae asked worriedly.

The elder looked at him with focused eyes while thinking of the best way to handle the situation.

“Nothing.”

Daehyun raised his eyebrows, “What do you mean nothing?”

Himchan turned to look at him with a serious expression on his face, “I mean nothing. Just ignore him for as long as possible while we try to handle our own problem. I don’t want to deal with two things at the same time. It’s not fun that way.”

“You’re sick,” commented Youngjae in disbelief.

 

***

 



“Okay, okay… this one?” Hyuna cracked up while holding up a hideous piece of clothing.

“Come on now,” Jayla rolled her eyes and dragged her best friend out of the store. “Shouldn’t you have the biggest hangover right now?”

Hyuna laughed at her question, “You know... with time you learn how to control those things.”

Jayla stopped in her track to throw her a judging look, “You need help. Like really, professional help.”

“Aish, don’t be like that. You too need to chill out sometime.”

Jayla continued on walking while still holding onto Hyuna’s lower arm, “And that is the keyword Hyuna… sometime.”

“Yeah, just like me,” she stated and Jayla could see that she was serious about it.

She shook her head while entering a shop only for males, “I’m not going to comment on that one.”

Hyuna looked at her confused but decided not to question anything and just follow her friend into the shop. The girls went over to the sweater section where Jayla found one in black with white details around the collar and sleeves.

“For Himchan?” Hyuna tilted her head to the side.

“Yeah, this is totally his style,” Jayla smiled weakly while looking at the sweater.

As much as she hated his behavior nowadays, she still cared about him. After all, they have been together for two years and one doesn’t stop caring about the other just because of the change in behavior. The two of them are going through a difficult time and she hoped that it will end soon so Himchan can go back to his normal self.

“I’m buying this one,” she said determined and headed towards the checkout counter.

While the nice lady at the counter scanned the item, Hyuna couldn’t help but check out the guys around the shop and throw comments at Jayla who had a hard time holding her poker face because of the silly things that were coming out of her friend’s mouth.

“Here you go,” the lady handed Jayla the bag after she paid.

“Thank you,” she answered politely and started dragging Hyuna after her again.

“Hey, seriously look at that one over there. Please just look once,” Hyuna begged while looking over her shoulder.

Feeling sorry for being a little bit harsh towards her, Jayla followed her instructions and looked after the guy that caught her friend’s attention.

“I would tap that anytime,” Hyuna whispered which made Jayla chuckle.

“I will never understand you,” she shook her head and just when she was about to exit the shop, she bumped into something.

Or rather someone.

Which made her fall forward and into that someone’s embrace while she lost the grip off of her bag.  

“Oh, I’m so so-“

Before she could finish her sentence, she stopped talking from the shock she was in. The person who was holding onto her was someone she knew she should avoid as much as possible. The person in front of her was someone she shouldn’t look at, at all but here she was now… having the longest eye-contact and the most awkward silence ever.

What confused her the most was that the person in front of her behaved differently. Instead of giving her the looks, he just looked at her face in awe.

“…sorry?” Nam finished her sentence with a smile she has never seen on his face.

Quickly she pushed him off of her which made him look at her confused.

“It’s okay,” he assured her before picking up her bag, “Just be more careful next time.”

He handed her the bag and smiled at her beautifully before turning around and walking away from them.

“What… the… hell?” whispered Hyuna from behind.