His name was Kai (4)

His name was Kai

Hey guys! Sorry for the long period without updates!! Here's the next chappie! Hope you guys enjoy it, and THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING <333

tumblr_inline_mqkk2gJHJM1qz4rgp.jpg

 

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo leaned forward to get a better look at Kai's face. It was dark in the room, and Kyungsoo wanted to make sure he'd seen the expression on Kai's face. 

But by then, Kai's frown had been smoothed out, and replaced by a smile that was too wide to be natural, that didn't make his nose crinkle, or his eyes squeeze together at the ends. 

"Hnn?" Kai's smile widened. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm fine, I'm fine." And then his hand came up to pat his pocket, where he'd stuffed the piece of paper, as if to make sure that it was still there. 

"Why did you get out of bed?" Kyungsoo eyed the pocket too. "Are you getting discharged today?"

Kai sort of froze, staring at Kyungsoo. It looked as if there were alot of thoughts going through his head. Kyungsoo waited.

"No," Kai spoke slowly, sounding disappointed. "They said I'll have to wait one more day, just to make sure all my injuries have healed."

Kyungsoo knew it wasn't something to be joyous about, but his heart soared, because it meant that Kai was going to be around for one more day. It wasn't a long time--just a mere twenty-four hours--but it was twenty-four hours that Kyungsoo didn't have to be alone, and he was glad. What injuries though? Kyungsoo ran his eyes over Kai's body slowly, enjoying the sight more than he really should. Kai watched him silently.

"Let's go out."

Kai spoke suddenly. Kyungsoo realised he'd been staring for a tad too long and glanced away, ears turning pink. And then his mind registered what Kai had said. And his face burned as he looked at Kai again. 

"What?" Kyungsoo whispered, eyes wide. 

Kai turned his face towards Kyungsoo from staring out the window. He smiled, setting off warm sparks in Kyungsoo's chest. "Outside." Kai repeated himself, pointing at the window. "Let's go outside for a bit."

Oh. Of course. Stupid Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo could have kicked himself for his initial reaction. Kai hadn't been asking him out. 

"What? Now?" Kyungsoo looked out the window too. Anywhere but Kai. It was still dark outside, and he couldn't see the moon. It was probably overcast outide. 

There was a rustle as Kai jumped off the windowsill and made his way over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo tried to control his heartbeats by breathing shallow. Kai stopped infront of Kyungsoo. 

"Yeah. Right now. Before the doctors on morning shift replace the few nurses on night duty, and the whole place is crawling with people who'll stop us." Kai was grinning again. "Will you go out with me?" His hand came up and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair gently. 

Kyungsoo couldn't say no. He nodded. Kai grinned harder and Kyungsoo couldn't help but stare. And then realised what he was doing, and glanced away. It had almost become something like a routine to him now. 

There was another rustle, and Kyungsoo looked up. To see Kai crossing his arms and taking hold of the hem of his own shirt, and lifting it over his head in one swift fluid motion. 

"What are you doing?!" Kyungsoo covered his eyes, flustered. Then thought better of it and peeked in between his fingers, eyes first settling on Kai's collarbone, then moving down to his toned chest and abs. Kai wasn't all big and muscly, but he was lean and wiry and fit, and Kyungsoo could have drooled. 

Kai came closer, and leaned over Kyungsoo as he tried to get something out of the drawer on the other ide of the bed. Kyungsoo melted, and tried to get further away from Kai to prevent a mental breakdown, and fell back onto the bed. 

"Go around to the other side of the bed, Kai!" Kyungsoo protested. Don't get any closer. 

"Hm?" Kai stopped reaching, and paused to look down at Kyungsoo. 

Oh. 

Kyungsoo hadn't realised how close they were until that one little movement of Kai's head. Kai's nose was barely centimeters away from his own, and Kyungsoo went a little cross-eyed trying to gauge how far apart they were from bumping. Kyungsoo could see every eyelash that framed Kai's beautiful eyes. Kyungsoo could feel Kai's breath on his cheek. Kyungsoo forgot how to breathe.

"You have something on your face." Kai's hand came up and he could feel the boy's fingers almost tenderly brush against his cheek, and linger for longer than it was necessary. 

Kyungsoo came to his senses, and slid out from underneath Kai, coming to stand beside the bed, shifting his weight from one foot to another. Even the back view of Kai was heartstoppingly perfect. Kyungsoo hated himself for noticing. 

Kai froze there for a little while after Kyungsoo scrambled away, one hand in the drawer on the other side of the bed, the other hand supporting his weight on the mattress, muscle straining a little. Kyungsoo could just about see the shadow the bulge of his triceps made in the dark. And then Kai seemed to have found whatever it was he'd been rummaging for in the drawer, and sat on the matress, shaking out his find with a flourish. 

A shirt. It was a shirt. Kyungsoo had nearly been killed (again) by a heartattack--all for a shirt. Kyungsoo glared at the offending piece of fabric. 

Kai slipped it over his head, and struggled a little to put it on. Once he'd finished clothing himself, Kai stood up too. The shirt was a little tight on him, and it didn't look as if it belonged to Kai. Kyungsoo didn't mind though--it sort of made Kai look hotter (not that Kyungsoo would ever admit it). 

"Whose shirt is that?" Kyungsoo tugged at the hem. Kai stared at his fingers.

"Mine." 

But Kai wasn't looking properly at him again, and Kyungsoo knew the boy was lying. Kyungsoo didn't feel like prying. He realised that there was alot to Kai that he didn't know or understand, and if Kyungsoo was being completely honest, that irked him and made him feel a little left out. 

"Let's go!" Kai whisper-shouted, and tugged on Kyungsoo's hand. 

"But..." Kyungsoo motioned at himself, still wearing the oversized hospital clothes. He couldn't go out like this!

Kai started towing him towards the door of the ward. His eyes swept from Kyungsoo's face, then traveled downwards. 

"You look fine, I promise." Kai's hand gripped Kyungsoo's even harder. 

And then Kyungsoo realised something. "Nobody'll see me anyways."

Kai whipped around to look at him a little sternly, one hand on the doorknob. "see you, and I think you look better than fine. So there." Kai grinned, and stuck out his tongue, and Kyungsoo couldn't find it in himself to argue. 

Kai pushed the door open slowly, and Kyungsoo peered around to check that the coast was clear. His heart was going into overdrive, and his hands were clammy. They were only sneaking out of hospital, but somehow, Kyungsoo felt like the protagonist in a show like Mission Impossible or something, and it was exhilerating. 

"Coast is clear." He whispered to Kai.

Kai nodded seriously, and they crept as quietly as was humanly possible, backs against the wall, stopping now and then to giggle at each other. Kyungsoo felt like a kid again, playing spy. They got as far as the end of the corridor, before Kyungsoo whipped around to look at Kai, one hand on his shoulder to stop him from moving forward. 

"The receptionist! We'll--" Kyungsoo corrected himself hastily, "--You'll be seen!"

Kai peered round the corner too. The door was in sight, a tantalising few meters away. But they did have to pass the receptionist, a middle-aged woman with her hair pulled up into a harsh bun. She didn't look like one to be trifled with. 

"Listen." Kyungsoo's mind was whirling at a thousand kilometers an hour, coming up with a (feasible) plan that didn't involve holding the receptionist down and tickling her to death. "I'll knock the basket of fruits off the table," Kyungsoo pointed at the bowl containing cheap-looking platic fruits on one of the tables in the lobby--hideous decor if you asked him. "She'll be distracted, and you'll be able to escape."

Kai raised his eyebrows. "Sounds cool."

Kyungsoo gave a terse nod, before sneaking over to the table. Kai watched him nervously. Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo gave the table a vicious swipe, and sent the bogus bannas, oranges and apples (and a clump of something that was supposed to resemble a bunch of grapes) skittering across the floor in the receptionist's direction. 

The middle-aged woman's eyes widened at the sight of the fruits rushing across the floor, eyes following them across the room. Kyungsoo waited till her head was turned away from them before giving the signal. 

"RUN!" He screamed, legging it towards the door. He could hear Kai right behind him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any feedback so far about the story? Haha, because it's for a contest and all, so I want it to be as good as possible xD...