Seven

Reborn

It was already a week since Kyungsoo ran out of the house and Kai still could not get used to how empty his house felt without the doe eyed cat around. He missed the way Kyungsoo would look at everything in wonder. He missed the way the cat hybrid's eye crinkle when he smiles and let out those chimes of laughter that were music to his ears. He missed the way small hands would be scrunched up in his shirt when they snuggle up at night. He missed the way-

Kim Jongin, get your together. You were just fine without him less two weeks ago.

"God damnit Kai, would you flopping about on the sofa and do something productive? Like I don't know, find Kyungsoo for example?" Baekhyun raised a judging eyebrown at Kai who was wallowing in self pity on his sofa. Baekhyun's hands were occupied with a hyperactive dog hybrid that would not stop trying to his face.

"Hahaha Chanyeol stop!" He attempted to push his bouncing dog hybrid away but eventually gave in.

"But hyung~ He doesn't like me anymore!" Kai flopped onto his belly and whined into one of the many cushions on the sofa childishly. "If you were there you would see how happy he looked with those two other guys."

"Look, I'm sick and tired of you groaning and whining all day long so you better get off your and go find him." Managing to break free from Chanyeol's grasps, Baekhyun put his hand on his hips and gave Kai a very disapproving stare.

"B-but... How do I find him?" Kai stuttered out. When Baekhyun gets into his disapproving mother state, no one dare defies him.

"I don't know, figure it out yourself." 

With that, Baekhyun feat.Chanyeol managed to kick Kai out of their house, saying something along the lines of him camping over at their house was such a huge er for them.

 

-

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo had been staying over at Chen and Xiumin's house since they all so kindly offered for him to stay after he told them why he was hiding in the alley where they found him. But hey, he would rather sleep in a cosy bed than get stuck outside in the cold. 

Kyungsoo had been relatively unresponsive to others ever since that day. Most of the time he would just lay in the bed that generously Xiumin gave up for him, fluffy blanket tucked up to his nose.

He groaned and burried himself deeper into the covers, images of Kai and the stranger replaying in his head over and over again until he wanted to rip his hair out of frustration. 

Why can't he just get Kai out of his head? Angry tears was starting to build up. 

"Hey, Kyungsoo? I brought you some soup, I hope you're feeling better." Xiumin cautiously approached Kyungsoo, afraid of startling him. 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Kyungsoo sat up, blankets pooling around his waist and ears giving a responding twitch. Curling his tail around his waist, Kyungsoo and gave Xiumin a small smile that did not reach his eyes and graciously accepted the soup.

"I'm fine, Xiumin." Kyungsoo gazed downwards, unable to meet Xiumin's eyes. Feeling Xiumin's calculating eyes on him, he fidgeted, softly brushing the soft fur of his tail. 

"Kyungsoo, you can't stay here forever you know." Kyungsoo felt the bed sink a little as Xiumin took the spot beside him. "Kai's still your owner and you have to go back to him sooner or later."

"I know, but what if he doesn't want me anymore? What if…" Kyungsoo sniffed, eyes glazed with tears threatening to drop any moment.  "And what he was doing with that lady, what if he treats me like that too?"

"Don't worry, Kyungsoo. I'll go with you to find him. If he treats you badly, tell me and I'll kick his for you okay?" Reaching over to give Kyungsoo a little comforting hug.

"I may be small, but I'm strong." To emphasize this, Xiumin leaned back and cracked his knuckles.

 

-

 

"Aish! Where could he be?" Running a hand through his tousled hair, Kai plopped himself down on a nearby bench in frustration.

Even rushing back to the ice cream shop and all the nearby areas, he couldn't find a trace of the cat hybrid. Searching the alleyways had been unfruitful too. 

"Go find Kyungsoo, he says." He grumbled to himself, frustrated at not being able to find Kyungsoo even running around from morning until now. 

"Maybe I should put up a lost pet notice…" Pondering on his new idea, Kai eyes lit up and ran to the nearest printing shop.

 

-

 

Xiumin had quite literally dragged Kyungsoo from the car to stand at Kai's front porch. 

The poor cat hybrid was hyperventilating and clutching to Xiumin for dear life, ears flat against his skull and making pitiful whimpering sounds at the back of his throat.

"Calm down, Kyungsoo. I'm sure he wants you back." Xiumin patted Kyungsoo's head comfortingly. Who wouldn't want Kyungsoo anyways. "Comeon, just ring the doorbell and the two of you would be happily together again."

"Okay… I'm going to ring the doorbell." Kyungsoo's hand was trembling when he reached up to press the button. Immediately redrawing when a loud "ding dong" sounded in the house and hiding behind Xiumin. 

There was a moment of silence when the two of them anticipated Kai opening the door. However, the silence stretched longer and longer. 

Poking his head out from behind Xiumin, Kyungsoo curiously peeked at the still closed door. 

"What if he knows it's me and he doesn't want to open the door?" Kyungsoo whimpered. 

 

Frowning, Xiumin pressed the door bell again. A tad more violently than Kyungsoo did. 

Another tense silence, followed by a sigh and soft sniff. 

"Let's come back another time, Kyungsoo. Looks like he isn't in." Dejected, the two of them dragged their feet back to the car. 

Gazing longingly at the house through the car window, Kyungsoo wished that his life would go back to the days with Kai.

 

-

 

Meanwhile, Kai raised up his "masterpiece", inspecting it from various angles behind nodding his head in approval.

"With this, I'll be able to find Kyungsoo for sure!." Motivated, Kai pumped his fists and started to stick the notices on the noticeboards and lamp posts. 

 

-

 

Hello! I finally had time for an update:) Wow 100+ subs thanks so much guys. I'm trying my best to write longer chapters but I just can't seem to do it... But I'll try my best after my exams are officially over! I'll appreciate it if you guys would help me improve and to write better stories:)

This chapter is also for my bestfriend of many years, xiCHOCO. Check out her story about L from Infinite here too!