Five

Reborn

After both Kai and Kyungsoo's bellies were full of pancakes, Kai encountered a huge problem with his wallet. What's wrong with his wallet? It the place of crisp notes was air. No money whatsoever, nuh uh. 

"Crap, I spent this month's pocket money on your clothes yesterday." 

Yes you heard right. Big bad payboy Kai is secretly a mama's boy and is still using his mother's monthly pocket money. How else did you think he is able to sit around all day doing nothing but go to clubs at night. 

For Kai, when he encounters a problem, the first person he goes to is his best friend, Baekhyun. Picking up his phone and dailing Baekhyun's number, he heard the dail for almost a minute but before he was going to end the call, there was a click.

"Hyun-"

"*Gasp* Ah... Kai? Could you *sigh* call later?" There was sounds of rustling and some heated whispers.

Smirking slyly, Kai whined. "But hyung~ I got a huge huge problem.." 

Ragged breathing from the other end.  ".. AH! you." 

*Beep beep*

"Damn, he hung up on me." Kai pouted.

"Why don't you just find a job?" Kyungsoo piped up as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Groaning in dismay, Kai absolutely hated that suggestion, but he realised that it was the only way he was going to be able to support both himself and Kyungsoo.

"You're right, Soo." Kai quirked up his lips and patted him on the head, while Kyungsoo pondered over his new nickname.

"...Soo?" a light flush powdered his cheeks.


--

 

It took an hour of persuading from Kyungsoo for Kai to get his off the couch and start looking for a job. Having no experience whatsoever at finding one, he decided that going to the nearby mall would be a good start. He was confident that he was able to find a job. After all, how hard could it be? 

Finding a job wasn't as easy as Kai thought it would be. After going into countless stores and getting rejected in everyone of them -he didn't have any sort of qualifications-, he almost decided to give up and go wallow in selfpity at home. However, Kyungsoo seemed adamant at succeeding in finding Kai a job and continued dragging him into stores.

Kai wondered how Kyungsoo seemed to have so much energy, as his own two legs felt already felt like jelly after walking around for so long. 

"Kyungsoo! Stop, how about we take a little break." Kai slouched over to Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo looked up at him through his lashes. "One last one, I promise." Kyungsoo lifted up his hand, shoving a finger into Kai's face. Avoiding the finger, Kai sighed and gave in -he couldn't say no to Kyungsoo. 

"One last one okay?"

 

Kyungsoo gave a little nod, beaming up at Kai. "Promise!"

Kyungsoo pulled Kai into a nearby fast food joint, ignoring his protest about not wanting to smell like fries after his job.

"Welcome to Burgers and Fries! What would you like to order?" A short little guy asked Kai.

Kai snorted through his nose, making Kyungsoo glance at him curiously. Who names their fast food joint Burgers and Fries. It's like naming a clothing stall "Clothes" or something. 

"Erm, I'm here for a job?"  

The manager was called but poor Kai was rejected once again as they were apparently not hiring. Kai could feel all his pride dissolving into thin air. He can't even get hired at a fast food joint, even one named Burgers and Fries for Christ's sake.

They went home disheartened. Kyungsoo tried to cheer him up by curling up with him in bed that night. Still disappointed, Kai found himself unable to fall asleep. Burying his nose into Kyungsoo's hair, Kai decided that going to the club just one night would be a good idea to get rid of his worries. 

Prying Kyungsoo's arms from his body, he tried slipping off the bed, only to feel those small hands grip tighter onto his shirt. Hesitating for a moment, Kai prayed that this would work and his hands went to Kyungsoo's head, scratching his ears.

He felt a low rumble vibrate from Kyungsoo's body to his and the hands' death grip faltered for a moment, enabling Kai to wriggle out from the bed, He heard a tiny whine from the loss and he almost wanted to turn back. Almost. He pushed the thought out of his head, Kai was about to enjoy this night after all. 

Before he knew it, he was drunk and a random girl's hand were shoved down the front of his pants. His thoughts were long gone and the
only thing he wanted was to feel good. Unconciously and by habit, he brought that girl home, stumbling into walls along the way to his room, all the while in a lip lock. Not being able to think straight, he forgot all about the snoring cat-hybrid snuggled under the covers he pushed girl onto the bed. 

There was a strangled screech as the girl came into contact with Kyungsoo. 


-


Kyungsoo was enjoying his dream about rolling in balls of yarn, a small smile on his face until he felt a hard body come into contact with his roughly.

Immediately waking up with a surprised screech, his mind registered a half dressed woman half on top of him. Tumbling out of bed, his tail curled in shock and what he saw made his heart lurch -Kai was making out with the girl in the spot where he just fell out from. 

Kyungsoo could feel his legs weakening and tears began to fill his eyes. Seeing this scene in front of him made him remember unpleasant memories of his past and seeing his owner in bed, making out with a girl, made him feel as if he had been stabbed in the chest. Was he not good enough for Kai?

Before he could register what he was doing, he was on his feet and out of the house. He had no idea where he was going. All Kyungsoo knew was that he needed to run away, away from the all the pain.

 

-

 

Sorry this chapter kinda :/ 

Thanks so much for reading!