Three

Reborn

Hearing Kyungsoo's stomach growl made Kai remember the Chinese takeout that was forgotten before the whole fiasco happened.

Thank god Baekhyun bought a portion for two people since he had actually planned to eat it with Kai. Kai placed the food into a microwave and pressed a few buttons, trying his best to ignore Kyungsoo staring at his every move. 

"Master? Why did you put the food into the big box?" Kyungsoo tilted his head to one side curiously. 

Kai choked on his spit. "M-master?" Taking a few moments to compose himself, Kai fought the heat crawling up his neck and began to stumble over his words.

"J-just call me Ka- no call me Jongin." Kai was what many of his friends called him, especially at clubs where he does... Not so innocent things and Kyungsoo was just too innocent to be put into the same category as those people. 

"Jongin.." Kyungsoo tried out the foreign word and gave Kai a wide smile, eyes folding into cresents. 

Hearing his birth name spoken by Kyungsoo somehow gave Kai a warm tingly feeling inside. Then, as if suddenly remembering the question, Kai cleared his throat and pointed to the microwave.

"This is a microwave, it heats up food." Kyungsoo stared at it in awe, tail swishing behind him and went closer to investigate it, only to jump and hid behind Kai went a loud "ding" sounded.

"Jongin? What was that?" Kyungsoo asked, gripping onto the helm of Kai's shirt. Letting out a fond chuckle, Kai
ruffled the top of his head -it was becoming a habit- and went over to take out the food from the microwave. 

"It tells you when the food is ready." Serving the rice into two plates, he led Kyungsoo to the dining table, placing a plate in front of him. Settling into the seat in front of Kyungsoo, he picked up chopsticks and began shovelling rice down his throat. Trying to imitate the way Kai was holding his chopsticks, Kyungsoo started to weave his fingers between the two wooden sticks, only to fail terribly.

Seeing Kyungsoo's lost attempt on using the chopsticks, Kai gave a hearty laugh and leaned over to show Kyungsoo how to hold his chopsticks properly. 

"There, that's how to hold it properly." Kai looked up to face Kyungsoo, only to realise the close proximity of their faces. Blood rushing to his cheeks, Kai gulped and made the wrong choice as his eyes to travelled a bit lower to stop at those plump lips. I wonder how it feels to ravish those lips.

No! Bad thoughts, bad thoughts. Kai mentally slapped himself for thinking something not so innocent about the innocent cat-hybrid. As if he was burnt, Kai immedaitely pulled away and started picking at his food to get rid his those thoughts. 

Kyungsoo, oblivious to Kai's internal panic, quickly learned how to use the chopsticks, albeit still a bit unstable and began devouring his food with much enthusiasm. 

They finished their meal without much trouble and when Kai stood up to clear their plates, he stole a glance at Kyungsoo's oversized outfit. 

"Kyungsoo, we really need to get you some new clothes from the mall."

 

-


The mall was filled with humans and hybrids alike. Kyungsoo looked at everything with those wide eyes of his and couldn't contain his excitement at seeing such a huge bustling place with so many people. Seeing that Kyungsoo was excited just by going to the mall, Kai felt his heart swell. 

After walking around for awhile, Kai spotted a clothing store that sells both human and pet hybrid clothes and brought Kyungsoo into the store. 

"Choose whatever you like okay?" Kai gestured to the store. He wasn't worried about the price as clothes from this store was relatively
affordable. 

Kai watched Kyungsoo wander around the shop for awhile until he saw that Kyungsoo stopped and was staring at something. Curious as to what he was doing, Kai continued watching him, only to see Kyungsoo put a red frilly thong on top of his head, his cat ears peeking out from the leg holes. Mouth agape, Kai stop and stared for awhile, unable to process what he was seeing. 

"Kyungsoo! Take it off!" Kai ran towards Kyungsoo. Confused by Kai's outburst, Kyungsoo looked up at Kai, tilting his head and god damn
how can someone look so innocent with a frilly red thong on his head. 

After the thong accident, they managed to pick up a few clothes and pants with a hole at the back for the tail for Kyungsoo and dumping it all into a basket, they approached the cashier to pay for the clothes. 

Seeing a handsome guy coming her way, the female cashier put on a flirty smile. Once Kai put the clothes on the counter, the cashier picked up the clothes for scanning, not so subtly brushing their hands together.

"Oops, sorry." The girl giggled, twirling her hair and continued to pretend to accidentally brush their hands together. Having tons of experience to know when a girl was flirting with him, Kai put on his playboy smirk and flirted right back at her. That girl was rather cute after all. 

Watching the exchange from the sidelines,innocent Kyungsoo had no idea what they were doing was called flirting However, he just knew that he didn't like Kai being so close to that girl. Frowning, Kyungsoo felt a pang of something he couldn't explain.

Feeling what seemed like forever, Kai gave the girl one last wink and grabbed the bag of clothes, leaving the girl red-faced and giggling.  

After that -cough- flirting session, Kai was in a good mood and walked with a bounce in his steps- having random girls flirting with him boosted his already huge ego, almost not noticing a sulking Kyungsoo trailing behind him. Keyword, almost. Seeing Kyungsoo suddenly so down and not looking everywhere with those huge eyes of his worried him. 

"Something wrong?" He turned around and faced Kyungsoo. 

However, Kyungsoo only scrunched up his face and continued walking. Ok, something was definitely wrong. While pondering on what made
Kyungsoo mad at him, Kai walked past a collar shop. 

He backtracked. Wait, Kyungsoo didn't have a collar yet right? Getting Kyungsoo a collar would definately make him happy. Grinning at his brilliant idea, "Oh, I'm so smart of thinking of that.", He grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist. 

Dragging a surprised Kyungsoo into the stall, and was wowed by the wide variety of collars there were in the shop. After glancing around for awhile, he decided on a simple black leather collar. Nothing too flashy and not too boring either. He held it up to Kyungsoo, seeking his approval.

Kyugsoo was still trying hard to continue sulking -because he had his pride dammit- but he couldn't stop his heart from leaping at the thought of Kai buying him a collar, something that symbolised that he now officially had an owner

Glancing shyly at Kai, Kyungsoo gave a small nod of approval. Kai fitted the collar snugly on Kyungsoo's neck after paying for it, feeling accomplished seeing that he succeeded in cheering Kyungsoo up. Oh, and thank heavens this time the cashier was a guy, or Kyungsoo would have threw a fit.

Leaving the stall, they could hear someone shouting "Gege! I want that Gucci collar!"

Kai was just glad that Kyungsoo didn't have an infatuation with branded collars.

 

-

 

Hey guys, I just wanna say thanks so much so subscribing/commenting/voting and most importantly, reading this story.  

Also, just to make it clearer for those who don't get how Kyungsoo's a cat but he can speak etc, he's a cat hybrid so imagine him as a human with cat ears and tail etc.