Six

Reborn

Kai awoke with a feeling of deja vu. Shaking the feeling off, he buried himself deeper into the covers, nuzzling his face into what he assumed was the petite cat hybrid.

It was then, he realised that something was very very wrong. First, Kyungsoo does not wear perfume and secondly, Kyungsoo fitted right into his body like a jigsaw puzzle. This body did not. 

Pushing the foreign body away from him, Kai realised with dread that he was once again undressed and Kyungsoo was nowhere to be seen.

Kyungsoo couldn't have left... Could he? Nah, he must be hiding somewhere in the house after the sounds that they must have made the night before. Oh man, the sounds...

Concentrating on the task at hand, Kai first tried to get rid of the stranger in his bed. 

After pushing the stranger out of the door without much trouble -he has had much experiences, he glanced around the now strangly empty house, wondering where Kyungsoo could have hidden.

"Hey Soo, you can come out now." 

Only to get silence as his reply. Something was definitely wrong.

Heart palpitating, Kai forced open the doors of all the rooms in his house one by one.

"Kyungsoo? This isn't funny. Come out." Although he tried to convince himself that this wasn't happening, the empty house was like a cold slap of reality to his face. 

Desperate to see the warm smile, hear those giggles and especially his little innocent touches, Kai, without a second thought rushed out of his house, only goal to find his pet.

He couldn't have gone far.


-


Kyungsoo got exhausted after running for awhile. Face still tear-striken, he entered an alley and curled up into a ball in a corner.

Tail wrapped around his body from a feeble attempt to keep warm, he let out a small whimper from the harsh chill of the night. 

"Jongin..."


-


He could hear excited whispers coming from above him.

"Look, Chen, there's a kitty!" 

Groaning from the sound, Kyungsoo tucked his head deeper into his body, willing the sounds to go away. However, the sounds grew in volume instead.

Feeling something blunt jabbing his side, he flinched and glanced up at the offender, only to come face to face with a chubby cheeked hamster hybrid with tiny brown ears embedded in a tuff of soft brown hair. 

"He has a collar. What's a pet doing out here in an alley?" It was then Kyungsoo noticed a man with sharp features was standing round the corner.

Wary from the sudden attention of strangers, Kyungsoo shrunk back into himself, tail prickling in alert.

Seeing Kyungsoo's reaction, the other hybrid bit his lip and asked, "Where's your owner?"

At the mere mention of Kai, Kyungsoo could feel his eyes tear up and he shook his head roughly, afraid for the others to see his tears. Trying to hold back a sob, a whimper unconciously left his lips. 

The two strangers glanced at each other, exchanging a knowing look to not mention about Kyungsoo's owner... Maybe until when he was feeling better.

Offering a hand, the smaller of the two pulled Kyungsoo to his feet, giving him a warm smile.

"Wanna come with us? We got something that would cheer you up."

Kyungsoo was hesistant. Should he follow these total strangers? They seemed nice enough.

"A-alright." He spoke with a small voice. He had nothing to lose anyways. 

As Kyungsoo tagged along with the two, he learnt that their names were Xiumin and Chen and that Chen was not as quiet as he seemed to be at first. On the contrary, he was rather outgoing and retold stories about several pranks he played on his friends, giving his rendition of an evil laugh everytime after one.

"Here we are!" The three of them stopped in front of an ice cream store. Forgetting about his troubles momentarily, Kyungsoo pressed his face into the cold glass and stared wide eyed at the huge variety of ice cream flavours available.

"Welcome, what would you like?"  The person behind the counter asked him. 

Eyes widening, he turned his new friends for help. Laughing, Chen stepped up to help him.

"We'll have a scoop of cotton candy and two scoops of cookies and cream." Chen pointed to the flavours with his index finger.

Collecting their ice cream that came as three scoops in a huge cup, Chen paid for it and they settled down in a window seat.

Both Xiumin and Chen immediately dug in to the cold dessert, while Kyungsoo sat staring at it, curious but not daring to try. Was it as nice as it seemed?

Xiumin, who sat opposite him, noticed his dilema and shoved a huge spoonful of ice cream into his mouth when Kyungsoo was spacing out.

Spluttering from the sudden cold, Kyungsoo nearly spat it out until the taste sunk in. 

Oh my gosh. He felt like he died and gone to heaven.

 

Kyungsoo immediately picked up his spoon and began shovelling ice cream into his mouth, only to feel a sharp pain in his head from the cold.

Owowow.


-


Kai was almost fainting from exhaustion. Ever since he got out from the house, he asked every single person he came across if they had seen a small-built cat hybrid with black ears with white tips. Everytime the answer was "no", he could feel his heart sink even further. 

Settling down on a bench to rest for awhile, he looked up to see... Kyungsoo in the ice cream store across the road? 

Blood pumping, Kai jumped out of his seat, only to feel his heart being wrenched out when he saw his little Kyungsoo enjoying ice cream with two other men.

Suddenly feeling drained, he looked again to make sure. Only this time, he was rewarded with the sight of one of the guys wiping his Kyungsoo's mouth with a napkin while the cat hybrid in question smiled that warm, mind numbing smile that was reserved for him, and only him.

Heart dropping, he turned around and began walking in the opposite direction. Kai could not take seeing that scene any longer.

He deserved this, Kai told himself. He lost Kyungsoo's trust, and now he found someone else that can make him happy. 

If he's happier with those two, I won't force him to come back to me.

 

-

 

Hellooo! Once again thanks for reading! Thanks to everyone who subscribed//commented/upvoted! /hands kitty Kyungsoo to you guys

Leave a comment below and remember to subscribe!... and upvote *shameless*