Four

Reborn

By the time Kai and Kyungsoo reached home from the mall, it was already night time. Kai dug out a pair of pajamas with cute little paw prints for Kyungsoo from the pile of clothing they bought that day. 

After changing into those pajamas, Kyungsoo reappeared, mouth opening wide with a yawn and arms raised above his head.  Glancing at the lone bed in the middle of the room, Kyungsoo asked the question that was on everybody's mind.

"Jongin, where do I sleep?" Well, almost on everybody's mind. Apparently Kai haven't thought that far yet. 

"Erm..." Kai, who now changed into more comfortable clothing, appeared to be pondering over tthe question. He couldn't let Kyungsoo sleep on the floor, but he definately didn't want to sleep on the floor either. However, looking at Kyungsoo already bouncing on his bed, he decided to sacrifice a little bit... Just for today, he told himself.

"It's okay, you can have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor." Now, the bed was not neccessarily small. In fact, it was slightly bigger than a single-sized bed in order to be able to withstand Kai's.. late night activities. 

Why he doesn't want to just share the bed you ask? Lets just say he doesn't even want to think in that direction. 

"Really??" Kyungsoo looked so happy Kai had no regrets having to sleep on the floor that night. 

"Yeah, go to sleep. Night." Kai grabbed his spare blanket and pillow and placed it on the floor, attempting to get comfortable. Okay, who said he had no regrets, he was totally regretting it now.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was snuggled up tightly in Kai's blanket. Only the tip of his ears could be seen from the outside. 

"Mmnight." The muffled sound came from under the blankets, which soon turned into light snoring.

Kai tossed and turned for awhile on the floor, trying to get used to the hardness and damn, why is it so cold even with the blankets on? After awhile, he eventually fell asleep, which was a miracle itself. 

Sometime in the middle of the night, a certain cat hybrid woke up to see a pitiful shivering Kai on the floor. Kyungsoo frowned to himself. 

"Jongin looks cold..." He half whispered, ears folding.

Leaving his warm position on the bed, he dragged the blanket along with him, only to stop in front of Kai. Kyungsoo slowly lay down beside Kai and covered both of their bodies with the blanket he brought along, afraid to wake him up.

After seeing that Kai was sleeping like a log, Kyungsoo got bolder and scooted closer.

Closer...closer...

Until his whole body was flush against Kai's and smiling in content, he buried his nose into Kai's chest deciding that he rather liked the smell of Kai. Letting out a small purr of satisfaction, he snuggled deeper and falls asleep within mere seconds. 

 

-

 

When Kai woke up, the first thing his mind registered is that why was his bed so hard?! However, there was one thing that stopped him from immediately getting up and popping his back -a consequence after sleeping on the hard ground. It was a small body radiating warmth and cuddling with him and he felt something tickling his nose. Scrunching up his nose, his hands flew up to try swatting away whatever it was, only to come into contact with... fur? 

A bit suspicious but mind still not completely awake, he started rubbing the fur between his fingers, only to hear someone or something purring. 

Hands immediately stopping, his eyes flew open and what he sees made his heart beat so wildly he was afraid it was going to burst out of his chest. The sight of Kyungsoo cuddling with him and leaning into his hand, encouraging it to continue rubbing those velvety ears of his. 

Trying to calm his rapidly beating heart, Kai sat up quickly, putting some distance between him and the cat hybrid. The cat hybrid
on the other hand, whined from the loss and blindly tried grabbing him back. However, realising his lost cause, Kyungsoo formed a fist and rubbed his bleary half opened eyes.

Finding Kai on the other side of the room holding his chest, he tilted his head to one side -something Kai found really cute-, and asked, "Why are you all the way there? Weren't you here when we were sleeping?" Kyungsoo pointed to the spot infront of him. 

"I-I.." Kai found himself not being able to answer that simple question. Stumbling over his words for awhile, Kai decided to just change the topic.  

"Y-you must be hungry, let's go make breakfast. How does pancake sound?" 

As easy as it sounds, making pancakes for Kai was not an easy feat, considering he can't cook at all.

After several attempts at following the cook book, he realised he didn't understand anything at all. Ruffling his hair in frustration, he dropped the book that annoyed him so on the table.

"Sorry Kyungsoo, how about we eat some cereal instead." Kai sighed.

However, Kyungsoo in return gave him his biggest puppy eyes and pouted his lips. "But I really really really want pancakes."

Not giving up on the pancakes, Kyungsoo picked up the cook book and began to follow the instructions effortlessly. Within an hour, freshly made pancakes were finished and Kai's eyes widened until it almost rivalled his pet's.

He needed his pet to cook breakfast for him. The fact made him nearly bash his head against the counter in shame.

The pancakes were the best he ever tasted, Kai decided.

 

-

 

So I was bored and guess what? I wrote this chapter /shot 

I should really be doing my homework...