Blooming, Blossoming

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ren awoke in his bed, bare body covered lightly with a single white sheet. It took hardly any time for the events of last night to filter into his mind. If his body had been capable of more than a slight pink dusting across his cheeks, he would have been a full on tomato red. He took a deep breath and slowly rolled to the side, wanting to feel his lover’s warmth once more. Only to be met with an empty bed aside from himself. Ren pushed himself to his elbows, panting suddenly as his heart kicked into overdrive, attempting to make sense of everything.

There wasn’t much that needed making sense of, he had known this would happen, deep down. Baekho had just toyed with him, like he had the first time. He couldn’t breathe, he couldn’t take this, not again. No more, no more. Never again. Never, ever, again. He’d make sure of that right now. Without even leaving the bed he reached for the drawer handle, edging it open as he took the gleaming silver white blade into his hand. He knew this would make the pain, the metal claws embedded in his heart, go away. Blissful, uninterrupted peace. Yes, at long last. Fingers closed around the blade, too preoccupied with his impending end to notice anything else, he brought the blade closer.

Only to be slammed onto the mattress as a heavy mass tackled him. Ren dropped the blade in surprise, breath whooshing out as the person crushed him. That was alright, a slightly alternative way to die, but the same effect, really. Perhaps his plan of leaving the door unlocked was finally working. Of course, all these thoughts flew out the window when the man raised his head and the worried face of, obviously, Baekho looked up at him, “Don’t you ever try that again,” he growled through clenched teeth as he pulled Ren’s body close to his own. Ren was in too much of a state of shock to comment, and he let Baekho nose his neck, placing gentle kisses on his skin, and he tried to ignore the feeling of wetness as a few of Baekho’s panic induced tears dripped onto his neck.

“Why…why weren’t you here?” Ren gasped out at last, arms slowly linking around the boy’s back, and Baekho began to mumble into his skin, the heat of his breath sending shivers down his spine,

“Pabo. I was talking to my boss. Our boss. I wanted to tell him we wouldn’t be coming in today. He’s probably mad at me right now, I tossed the phone halfway across your living room in shock when I happened to glance through the crack in your door. He most likely doesn’t appreciate being hung up on. Oh well,” Baekho gathered him up tight into his arms as he carried him into the living room, setting him on the couch as he bent to pick up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter