Hopes Up

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, Ren babe, I offered to babysit Mira,” Baekho informed on the following morning, and Ren coughed on his coffee,

“What?!”

“I’m going to learn how to handle children, I’m sure you’ll be a good teacher.”

"Really?" Ren seemed skeptical and a tad nervous. Which wasn't good, Baekho could be nervous, but he was going to need someone who was confident. 

"Yeah, it's important to you for me to be good at the whole parenting thing. So I want to get started now, with the eventual plan of adopting, since it's something you want...right?" He double checked hopefully, praying he got it all right and Ren wouldn't be mad at his pre-preparation. Ren hesitated briefly before he spoke,

"Baekho...while the idea does certainly make me happy...aren't you afraid you're moving too fast? Getting my hopes up too quickly? You said yourself not too long ago that you weren't positive we'd be right for each other...and we've only been dating for a officially-ish for three weeks...," he murmured, and as much as Baekho's heart swelled at the fact that Ren had, for the very first time, admitted to the fact that they were dating, he could see the other's point. 

"Well, yes. I can't promise you'll like me back, I'm sure I will because I have for long enough to suggest I will forever...but I figure this could be a fun activity for us, and fairly conducive for a good future relationship," he took Ren's hand in his and pulled the other close, caressing his waist softly, and was pleased to see the soft smile the graced Ren's lips. 

"Alrighty then, though I expect you to take full responsibility if this goes horribly wrong," he laughed a bit and Baekho was thrilled that the other now seemed happy and excited, a state he hadn't often yet found Ren in. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter