A Blushing Plagiarizer

Count to Five
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So where did you come up with all that stuff about fanservice?” Ren asked offhandedly, “It sounded so… rehearsed,” he commented, as they sat in the middle of a fancy restaurant, waiting for the food they had ordered. Ren wrapped his lips around the white straw in his water, completely oblivious to the look on Baekho’s face as he gently.

Baekho placed his chin on top of his folded hands, staring deep into his eyes as he spoke, “You.”

“What?”

“I once heard you talking about chemistry between people in regards to clothing to your cousin over the phone. I just turned the words to match my theme in order to get us out of there with our jobs intact,” Baekho smiled happily, staring at him oddly as Ren sipped through the straw once more.

“So, basically, you plagiarized my work?” Ren asked seriously, not letting on to how pleased he was that Baekho had apparently been listening in on his calls, despite how creepy he should have found it. Baekho frowned, that was not exactly the response he had been expecting…

“No, I quoted you,” he replied, as though stating the obvious,

“Funny, I didn’t hear my name attached to your ‘quote’,” Ren said, and couldn’t keep the grin from breaking through the barriers to surface on his face. Baekho went from slightly worried to relieved in that split second as he smiled along with him. They giggled a bit together and they turned to other conversation.

“So, what have you been doing since you left?” Ren asked, trying to keep the note of accusation out of his tone, though he wasn’t sure he succeeded. Baekho replied anyways without taking too much notice,

“Well, I went to America to study, there was a good school there with a bunch of up and coming designers. I figured that was the place to be. I wound up becoming the face of a small fashion company and they started rising in fame. Then I got offered a contract with an agency for a year, which is where I met Kai. We hit it off, we always did well in photo shoots together, and soon we were more popular than the actual clothes, which were consistently white tank tops, really. Not that I didn’t look all out gorgeous in them, and not that they didn’t see and increase sales anyways. But the point is, clearly, we were made for better things. We had a stint with Valentino, we ran into your boss in Milan, and he offered us a contract for as long as we felt like staying as a team. Since it was in Korea, and we hadn’t been home in ages, we took it. And now we’re here,” Baekho finished, smiling slightly, though it faded when he saw Ren’s frown, “What’s the matter?”

“You told me you slept your way to the top?” He inquired,

“Oh yes,” Baekho said dismissively, “The girl who runs Valentino right now, she took a liking to me.”

“Ah.”

“Yes, so, anyways, that’s my story, what about yours?”

“Well, I’ve told you most of mine, but I’ll go with the work history, shall I?” At Baekho’s nod he began, “I did fairly well in school, I got an internship at a small fashion company that used to be based on a fairly popular street in Seoul. They liked my designs, but, of course, as is everything in my life, it didn’t matter, and it was ill-timed. The company went out of business, and that doesn’t really look all that good on a resume. Unfortunately, by that time, all the internships were full unless I wanted to travel abroad. As I have a crippling fear of airplanes, that just wasn’t going to do it for me. So, I finished school and tried to get people to look through my portfolios. I’d wait for hours in the main rooms of designer’s buildings, hoping for the chance to get them to look. Nearly got a restraining order from the Louis Vuitton base here..,” Ren trailed off as the memory washed over him,

 “Finally I realized I was going about it the wrong way. I had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter