Seumulyeoseot

Straight Forward


The session ended 15 minutes ago but you still took your time packing. The other guys were already ahead of you and you didn't bother going with Sehun. One because their arms were already linked when you searched the dance studio. Two because for some weird reason, Su Yeon's words stung. 

You left the building with your headphones on like you do when you wanted to ignore the world.

*I'm a ? Really? I'm not stupid to actually believe that but what she just did was shallow.* 

The entire scene kept playing again and again. Never mind the warning she gave and the name she called you but the question. 

"I... No I..." You tried saying your answer to her question but something as off.


 

do you like him?

 

You remembered how your chest suddenly caved in like air was knocked out. The same way now. You could say "no" all you want but it bugged you. The same feeling when you saw Sehun sad.

You tried to ignore everything else and just walk. Halfway to the dorm,  The hunch of somebody following you took over.

"Waah! Luhan chingu, it's just you!" Your heart raced from the sudden sight of the boy. 

"You better be careful, be aware of your surroundings! What if it was another man who was here and he had different intentions? What if he hurt you?" Luhan felt worried and took the headphones that fell around your neck .

He placed it in your gym bag walked beside you.

The long silence was interrupted by Luhan's voice, "Why are you walking alone, when it's dark?"

 

"Everybody is gone and Sehun..." You didn't know what to say, shrugging your shoulders, you didn't bother to continue

" I actually saw Sehun... with Su Yeon" Luhan pointed his thumb to the back, revealing a clingy Su yeon.

 

*Great. They're on a date.*

 

You looked away, silently enduring the painful squeeze in your heart.

Luhan's voice filled your head once again, "can I ask why you looked sad just before I scared you? What were you thinking?"

Luhan, with doe like eyes, looked at you meaningfully. You didn't know if it was right to say how you felt, when in fact you couldn't distinguish what it was.



* Sympathy? Jealousy?*

 

"I... Can't tell. I don't know what suddenly got into me. "

 

"Then whatever it is, I challenge both of us to make you happy again. Sounds good?" Luhan suddenly said with a bright smile that shone in the street lights.

Upon seeing his face, you lit up. The smile he had on was contagious, which was good. You agreed to that, though you didn't know what you two were about to do.

"Just don't think about whoever or anything, okay? I'll try to make you laugh by..." Luhan looked up thinking of what to do. You waited and waited until your tickle bone got hit by him. You laughed loud.

"Ahahaha, YAH! LUHAN-CHINGU!" The pavement was dark but Luhan sprinted anyway. You chased him to the other street past the park you knew well.

 

"Yah! Come back here!" You screamed while laughing.

From a distance you saw Luhan panting, hands on his knees. He caught his breath and shouted so you could hear,

" Fine. I won't move. Hit me with your best shot!"

Luhan stood up raising his arms up, waiting for you to run and tickle his sides.

You slowed down and grinned at him. "Be prepared, Luhan~ssi" With that you aimed for his sides, poking him several times. You waited for him to flinch away or laugh hysterically but when you looked up, he was biting his lip with no reaction.

"Eh? You're not ticklish?"

"No. Not there." Luhan laughed at you, and walked ahead again.

"No fair." You pouted and stayed where you were. Luhan stopped from walking, waiting for you to move and instead saw a cute girl pouting, arms crossed, at him.

"Jae Rin. don't tempt me. You look so cute." Luhan said sweetly. and waved you over.

You're eyebrows went up, shocked from what words he said. "Don't say that."

"Then don't do that in front of me." Luhan laughed lightly again and you both started walking again. Talking about light things.

You looked around, noticing that you weren't familiar with the neighborhood.

"Luhan~sshi? Where are we going anyway?"You asked, still scanning the place you two were walking on.

"Hmm? Aren't we going to the dorm?" Luhan answered. He looked at you with a worried face

"But then, where are we? I don't know where this is." You stopped.

Luhan tried to turn on his phone which had a black screen,

"Is your phone working? I'm out of battery." You're eyes widened even more at what he said.

"Mine is too! Luhan what are we going to do ? There are no cabs or buses!" You panicked and checked the place.

"Yah, Jae Rin! Don't Just go anywhere! You wouldn't want to get lost alone, right?" Luhan pulled you away from the road and made you face him.

"Calm down. Don't think about getting lost. Let's just keep walking. I'm sure We'll find something familiar and know the way back. Okay?" Luhan said, holding onto your arms. You looked up at him, who had twinkling apologetic eyes.

"Come on let's walk." Luhan pulled you towards him, making you walk closer to him than earlier.

Luhan noticed the silent state you were in again, " Jae Rin~ah..."

You snapped out from it, "hmm? I'm just a little cold. " You let out some breath, the cold allowing you to see it.

Luhan was doubtful of what he was about to do, but grabbed your hands anyway. It surprised you when you felt your hands getting pulled from the cold pockets of your jacket.

"Yah, why didn't you tell me earlier? " Luhan scolded again, he pressed his warm hands on your icy fingers, holding them. Before you could say anything, you stomach growled loudly giving a side comment to Luhan's scolding.

"And you're hungry?! Jae Rin's tummy, hold on okay? I think I can see a convenience store!" You laughed at him talking to your stomach like that.

Luhan stopped when he saw the convenience store in front of him. He looked at the other buildings beside it, it's as if he was finding somebody when there wasn't anybody at this time of the night.

"Who are you looking for?" You asked politely

"No, it's just this place is familiar, I think I know how we can go from here to the dorm." He said, still looking around.

Luhan looked at you, "BUT. that's after we get you something warm to eat. Arasso? Come on." He pulled you, hands still in his.

You grabbed on a small bowl of instant seaweed soup, only to feel the cup slipping away from your cold fingers.

"Wh-"

"I'm paying." Luhan cut you short, predicting the question, while walking to the counter.

 

 

11:32pm

Sehun checked his phone for the time countless times already. The room was dark, only a slit of light from the small gap of the door. He stared at the ceiling for a good long time, crossing his legs every now and then Sehun was restless. He was frustrated.

From a distance he watched you. Though he had no option but to be glued to Su Yeon, watching over you from a far was better than another person taking you away from his line of sight. Luhan raced passed him when they came down from

 

*Ah. I'm going crazy.

I feel happy, then worried.

I feel protective over her then there's a feeling when she chooses someone over me.

Then of all people, my friend Luhan.

Luhan sticks by her side like he never heard me speak about her before.*

 

Sehun gave up and swung his legs and placed his feet flat on the floor. He was growing anxious from his hyung being this late. Especially when he saw him with you. Sehun wanted to check if you were home already.

*Maybe they separated at some point.*

At that note, he felt relieved that Luhan could have left your side, out with some other friends

*But that would mean Jae Rin would be alone. Walking alone in the dark streets!?!*

Sehun wanted to head out and check if you were okay, home from training. He held on the bed, avoiding  topic that crept to you in the end, keeping himself calm.

*I will get up, walk to the kitchen, get some milk, then go back here.*

 

Sehun stood up and took his steps really slow. When he got to the kitchen he didn't bother to open the fridge to grab the milk carton. He waited for "nothing", letting time pass.

She's been quite silent for sometime too.

Eh. What if she hates me for last week? Was I too touchy? But she hugged me back.

But I held her face so close.

Close enough for me to...

Sehun pushed his body off the counter, quickly opening the fridge and half running to the cabinet with his mug. He felt his heart beating quickly.

I could've kissed her.

Sehun gulped down the mug of milk he poured for himself. Later did he realize he no longer had a reason to stay in the kitchen. He thought about what to do, ending up with another mug - filled to the rim - of milk. He drank small sips, staring at  the door that separated him from  your dorm's door. He was itching to walk, at least take a glance if you just got in or something, a sign that you were safe at home. The dorm was silent, he stared at the noisy clock that was ticking, still having the greatest debates in his head: to go check or not to go check?

 

 

You grabbed on the door handle of your room, twisting the key to unlock it. Luhan waited for you to get inside but he pushed the door before it was even closed halfway.

"I'm sorry." Luhan smiled apologetically. " I didn't mean for us to get lost like that. Or get tired or even get cold." Thank you for doing this challenge with me, good night." You unconsciously pouted, looking like an aegyo instead and Luhan watched it all happen in front of him.

Luhan said it like he wasn't done. He opened his mouth again, "Ah. I said don't do that. You're tempting me." He said.

"Tempting you? What is it, I wanna know! "You angled your head, completely showing an aegyo that wasn't intentional.

"You can't argue okay?" Luhan said before he took a good long breath, exhaling his fear of what might come after. He looked around, hearing a door closing. The coast was clear.

"Eh. Be serious Luhan Chi--"Your eyes grew wide as Luhan pulled you close to his chest pressing his soft warm lips on your forehead.

"Please sleep well and keep warm." Luhan pushed you back to where you stood merely seconds ago.

 

Luhan inserted the key to unlock the door  and hurriedly entered. Luhan leaned on the wall next to the door as he was sweating bullets hearing his pounding heart relax after what he just did. Shortly after, he saw a familiar figure walking away from him.

"Sehun?" Luhan pushed himself of the wall, following the maknae who was already half way down the hall.

"I'm sleepy. Good morning Luhan hyung. " Sehun brought his mug to the room, shutting the door behind him.

 

 

 

Author's note: Thank you for being patient! I also want to say thank you for those who comment and have been supporting me here!

I hope you can share my stories as well to others, and if you see any typographical error anywhere, message me ;)

*hugs tight*

~Na'V