Chapter 3: Get to know him better

Faithful

"Hey, want a ride home?" A unfamiliar voice came out from behind and startled me. I turned around and Sandeul was standing behind with his bicycle. I got startled and jumped back a little. Why would he be here? And more importantly why would he offer me a ride home? From the way he looked at me when we were in the bakery he obviously didn't like me. And of course, I don't like him either.

"Hey. I'm asking you. Want a ride home?" I was lost in my thoughts until he shook me. 

"Huh? What? Oh, that. Well." I panicked. I should say no. But if I say no then who will take me home? So yes or no? Ah, whatever. I decided to let to flow and said yes. I nodded. "Thanks. But I need to warn you first, my house is pretty far away." I said shyly. Why am I like this? Not good.

"No, biggie. But where is your house anyway?" He smiled as he scratched his head.

That was when it strucked me completely. I had always been drove to school and home. I never took a look at the direction. I bit my bottom lip. My eyes wandered around the space, trying to think of a way to put it into a way that wouldn't make me sounds like an idiot.

"You don't know the way, do you." He chuckled. He seemed to noticed my nervousness. Well then that's weird, since JInYoung were the only who could read my expression.

I sighed, since he already knew, I might as well admit it. I nodded, embarrassed.

"Oh, well. We will just have to figure it out then." He sighed as he turned his bike around and motioned me to follow him. luckily his bike had a back seat, I might as well say, a really comfortable one.

"Ah." I exclaimed as an idea popped in my head. Well, I must had been really stupid that I didn't think of  Google map. I took out my green iPhone and access to Google map. I paused a while to remember my address. I should have memorized in. I mentally slapped myself.

"Okay. don't tell me that you don't know your address." Sandeul sighed, he seemed to read my expression again. He's too good.

"No, I do remember." I lied, save me from a big embarrassment. I called Soyoung. "Hey! Soyoung-ah, what is my address?" 

I looked over to Sandeul and I really wasn't surprised his reaction since I knew that this was weird.

"Okay. 15426 Seoul street. (Sorry made-up street). Okay. Thanks. Sorry. Talk to you later. Nah. I'm fine." Soyoung was obviously worried since I would never ask for my address if I was home or someone was taking me home. I ensured her but she still seemed to be quiet worried. I hung up.

"Okay. 154... uh.." I read out as I typed it on my iPohone. I scratched my head. I can't believe that I already forgot it. Oh. My. God.

"15426 Seoul street." Sandeul said bluntly and then looked away.

"Thanks." I said and typed in the inforamtion while it was still fresh in my mind. "Okay." I turned to volume up so that he would be able to hear the direction.

"Wait, let me see?" He pointed at my iPhone and asked. Being polite, I have it to him. He looked at the map and then moved it around, searched for something and then continued to looked at the map.

"You have an iPhone? You seem to have used it a lot of times." I said bitting my nail. He seemed to be oven more comfortable using it than I do when I ad used it for a long long time.

"No, first time using it. What make you think that? Not everyone can affort an iPhone like you, you know." He said without looking up.

"Well, sorry. You seem to be really good with it. And no need to say that, it's not like I'm saying that I'm rich or anything." I pouted, totally sad. Why would he say that? I could tell by his tone that he thought I was a spoiled kid. Well, I was not. Maybe a little but not that much that he would say it like that. I looked down, stared at my shoes, my custom-made, self designed green Converse. 

"Hey, hey. I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't mean it that way." He seemed to noticed that I'm updet. Well he better. He handed me back the phone and apologized again. "Hey, want some cake? Well, since the bakery and your house are in the same road. Plus I need to go there for my part time job as well."

"You have a part time job? Oh, at the bakery." I looked up, surprised. He went to school and to work as well? "Sure. That sounds good to me." I smiled excitedly.

"Okay then, hop on." Sandeul hopped on his bike and got ready to go.

I looked at him and suddenly the fact that I'm going home with a totally stranger strucked me. Should I go with him, or should I not. Ah, whatever. This is still better than waiting or go to the bus. There were no taxy near this area, because why would there be any near a school? Who would catch a taxy from the school, it's just silly. 

"Okay, don't tell me that you never saw a bike before." Sandeul interupted my thought with his loud voice.

"Uh... NO, of course I saw a bike before. I just never actually went home with a stranger before. Plus I barely knew you." I said. It's true. I have to be honest.

He laughed. Weird. "Oh, so that's why. Don't worry. What can I do with you anyway?" He laughed as he scanned my body from top to bottom with his eyes. I followed his eyes and looked at myself from head to toes. 

"Hey." I jumped back, half covering my chest. He shook his head and chuckled. "Whatever." I narrowed my eyes and gave him a threaten look. I came over to th right side of his bike and carefully sit on the back seat. To be honest, I had never rode a bike before, nor sat in the back of it.

"Are you sure you know how to get on?" Sandeul turned back and checked on me.

"Yes. I saw it a lot of times on dramas." I stuck my tongue out at the thought of dramas.

"WOW. You got to be kidding me." He chuckled.

After a while, I finally got onto the seat, comfortably and safely. I sat with both of my legs dangling on the right side since I was wearing a skirt. I managed to hold on to the seat since I had nowhere else to hold on to but when he started moving, I got really scared so I quickly grabbed his waist, which  startled both of us.

I kept quiet, waiting for him to saying something but he didn't, he just kept quiet, which seriously made me even more uncomfortable. We went passed another bump, it was a really small one but it created enought impact to made me wrapped my arms around his waist. Oh my god. My body stiffened and I was sure that he could feel it too since we were so close to each other.

"Are you okay back there?" Sandeul finally managed to say something. "Are you comfortable back there since we still have a long way to go."

Oh, don't remind me. My house is quiet far away from school. It took some times to travel by car, imagine going by bike. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. Well maybe half lied half true. It was comfortable but I was definitely not okay.

"Uh... you.. you can rest your... uh.. your head on my back if you feel tired." Why is he getting nervous? Or was it because he was tired. I should lose some weight. My neck was kind of hurting from trying to keep a good distance from him when my arms were around his waist. Sounded silly but I did it anyway. I slowly leaned over and rested my head on his back.

After a while, I started to get comfortable and started to look around. I played with the wind and felt the cool breeze brushing my hair. I kicked my legs and kept it dangling on the side. It was funny. This place is so beautiful; and I never noticed that.  "Wow, so beautiful." I exclaimed as I saw the water fountain inside the park. It was smaller than my house's water fountain but it sure had a beautiful green color.

"Did you just move to this area or something?" Sandeul said calmly.

"No, I have been here for almost my whole life. Why?" I asked while looking around.

"Okay. You are definitely not as smart as I expected you to be." Now he's seriously pissed me off.

"Hey. Quit it. Stop making fun of me. Not funny." I hit his back lightly, I figured that if I hit him too hard he would drop me off right away.

"Okay sure." He put one hand up, admit surrendered. "So you don't go out a lot hah?" He changed the subject.

"No, I do. I just don't go out to the neighborhood that offten. I always have to attend to events and all sorts of stuffs. Never really know what a life of a normal person would be like." I said softly. I couldn't believe that I told him all that.

"Then you should definitely find out." He laughed.

"No one would take me. Unless..." Something popped up in my head. A stupid  idea. But who else would take me beside him. "Could you? I will pay." I asked.

"Let me think." He said and it took him quiet a while to think. "I will take you but I won't tke the money."

"Really? Yay. We should come up with a day when we both are free." I beamed, so excited.

"Sure. I will take a day off to take you around. How's that?" He chuckled.

"It sounds fine to me." I hugged him tighter from behind. "Thanks"

"No biggie." He laughed. "So have you ever rode a bike before?"

"No. Well I did tried to ride it when I was 9. I feel and scratched my knees so my mom never let me ride it again," I sighed. "I know I know. I was overprotected and spoiled." I said before he could say anything.

"No, I mean. It's sad. You must had been really sad." The way he put it made me sad.

"Well, I did enjoy riding it but I understand why she did that. I'm the only child anyway." I sighed. "You are not as bad as I thought you were." I quickly changed the subject since I was really uncomfortable talking about my past.

"So you saw me as a bad boy?" He chuckled.

"Well, by the way to greeted me, you seemed like one." I pointed out.

"So for you, if ayone acted rudely toward you then that person is a bad person?" He totally got the point.

"Well, if a person acted rude to someone then he would generally be rude to everyone." 

"He?" 

"Yes, because I'm talking about you." I poked his back. He laughed. But I doubted that he laughed because of the poke.

"Well, to me, you are not such a spoiled brat as I thought you would be like." He chuckled.

"Hey, how was I a spoiled brat? Not all wealthy people are spoiled you know." I was confused. What did I do that made me a spoiled brat?

"Well. I don't know. Maybe because the fact that you have special treatments from everyone is what made you look like a spoiled brat." Well that makes sense. That makes A LOT of sense. 

"We're here."

"So fast?" I looked up, and we were at the bakery. "Are you sure that you don't have super power?" I looked at him amazed. He didn't even have a drop of sweat on his face. Is he even human?

"Naeun?" ChanYoon's voice startled me. I looked up, he was confused. "Why are you with Sandeul? What is this?" 

"Let me explain." Sandeul pulled ChanYoon inside while turned back and winked at me, "It's going to be fine." He mouthed.

"Okay." I said weirded out from the wink.

 

 

 


July 10, 2011

A/N: Hello. It's neverland. I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this since no one is leaving any feedbacks. >.<

Well, anyway. Enjoy.