Chapter 4: Troubles

Faithful

"Miss. It's time to go." Ms.Yang said as she handed me my bag. I dazed off into space again. I had been thinking about Sandeul. He's such a nice guy, well maybe not as nice as JinYoung, but not as bad I my first impression told me. Yesterday was fun. Sandeul taught me how to make delicious milk tea and I would probably try to make them my own. I spent an hour at the bakery and then Sandeul rode me home. He showed me the market, which I had never paid attention to eventhough I had been crossing that road countless times.

We got to my house about fifteen minutes later. It was kind of dark and it was rainning a while after we got home so I offered him to stay until it stop raining. But he insisted to go home, so I was worried. What? He's now my friend, I mean it's not wrong to worry about him after he had taken me home and went home when it was raining. Isn't it?

"Miss. The car is waiting." Ms. Yang repeated after a while without hearing my respond.

"Oh. Sorry." I grabbed my bag from her hand and ran to the door. "Bye, mom. Bye, dad." I shouted out as I ran to the car. My mom and my dad were at the balcony upstair, looking down at me.

"Soo Naeun. Remember, behave like a lady." My mom reminded.

I just smiled and got on the car. Chunyun was back. I was so happy to see him. He looked fine.

After passing the gate, I rolled down my car's window, which I never did before. 

"Are you okay miss? You want the air conditioner on?" Chunyun said, surprised at my sudden action.

"No, I'm fine. That the question I should ask you. Are you okay now?" I asked.

"Thank you miss. I'm fine." He sounded older than he was. I wondered if it was because of all those smoking.

"You better take care of yourself because I won't accept any other drivers beside you." I giggled.

"Yes miss. I will." He chuckled. 

I sat back and leaned toward the window, rested my head on it. I closed my eyes and felt the wind gently brushing my face. The breeze seemed to be fresher while riding the bike. I smiled.

"Miss. We're here." Chunyun said. It was only ten minutes. It took us more than thirty minutes to ride from school to my house. I got out of my car and walked toward the gate, where JinYoung would always wait for me. But he was not here today, what happened to him? Maybe he's late. I looked away to look for him, when I saw Sandeul riding his bike toward me. I waved. He got down from his bike and waved back.

"Annyeong." I greeted. "Hey, you don't look good. Are you okay?" He approached slowly and he didn't look good. Not at all. HIs face was pale and his lips were dried and lifeless.

"Nah, I'm fine. Just a cold. No big deal." He smiled and walked me to the bike area. He locked his bike and walked with me to our class.

"Naeun." I could hear Soyoung's voice from afar, calling for me. I looked up, toward her locker's area. I spotted her  walking toward us with her Chinese book. I waved and skipped over to her.

"Annyeong." I beamed.

Sandeul quickly caught up to us. Soyoung looked at him and then at me, surprised. "So, you guys are friends now hah? Good." Soyoung jumped excitedly.

"Let's go. We are going to be late." Sandeul said and walked ahead.


Lunch time.

Soyoung invited Sandeul to eat with us. He said yes so we went together since we had almost every classes together. After getting lunch, we sat on our regular seat on the far right of the cafeteria, next to the glass door.

"Hey, have you seen JinYoung?" SoYoung asked.

"I was about to ask you that, too. I haven't seen him for the whole day." I looked around. He had always been with me whenever he has time. I looked around and saw JinYoung walked toward us with his friends: Shin DongWoo a.k.a CNU, Gong Chansik a.k.a GongChan, and Cha Sun Woo a.k.a Baro, the cool kids. Those three just went back from their one month vacation. They are also on the school's Top 10 Ranking.

I stood up and walked toward him. "Hi, where have you been? I was so worried, you-" 

"I have something really important to talk to you." JinYoung cut me off, which he never did before. He looked really serious.

"Wait." I noticed his seriousness. "Let me get my ba-" I reached for my bag when he pulled me back.

"I mean now." He looked fierce and dragged me along as he walked away. I was shocked. What happened to him?

Soyoung and Sandeul looked shocked as well.

"JinYoung-ah, you're hurting me." He was holding to my wrist really tightly and he was dragging me really violently as well. He didn't loosen to grip but kept on walking toward his personally classroom, often used for tutoring. 

He let go of my hand as soon as we entered to room. I was frightened by his behavior.

"JinYoung, what's wrong? Tell me please. Why are you being like this?" I was scared, really scared. JinYoung was never like this before.

He turned away and took something out of his desk's drawer. He turned back at me, still looking fierce.

"Naeun-ah. Why is this? Tell me that this is not real." He said, he sounded like he would broke into tears in any minute. He handed me a paper, a picture.

"What? How? Why?" I stuttured. It was a picture of me and Sandeul yesterday. I was sitting on the back of Sandeul's bike with my arms around his waist and smiling. I dropped the picture and lost my balance. "Wait, you spy on me?" I asked still shocked. How did he get that picture?"

"No. Someone sent it to me house. And that's not the only one." He took out a stack of about 10 more pictures and gave it to me. What? There are more?

I took the pictures, my hands were shaking. The others were pictures of me and Sandeul at the bakery talking and of us at my house. Who would do this?

"This is just a misunderstanding. Chunyun was sick yesterday so I asked him if-" I tried to explain but JinYoung stopped me.

"You could have called me. And don't give excuses like that. You looked so happy and it looks like you guys have knew each other for a long time already." JinYoung refused to hear my explaination. He sounded fainted and tired.

"JinYoung-ah. Listen to me. Don't you trust me?" I began to beg.

"How can I trust you when the evidences are all here?" He looked away. I could tell that he was hurt.

"He just took me home. You know that I had never been on a bike before, that's why I was scared and held onto him." I tried to explain but he looked away. I was on the verge of crying. He was not listening to me. He doesn't trust me anymore. I started to think.

"Then why were you so happy then?" JinYoung said, he sounded fierce and full of hatred.

"No, it was just-"

"No stop it. I don't want to hear anymore. I want to be alone. Please leave." He said down on his chair, buried his face on his hands and told me to leave.

I started crying. My heart started to hurt so bad. Why wouldn't he listen to me? It's not what it looks like. I cried and broke down to my knees. "JinYoung-ah, listen to me." I begged with my fainted voice in between the sobs.

"No.

"Please. It's not what it looks like." I begged, My heart was being torned. He had always been the understanding one. Why is he look that?

"I said NO. I WANT TO BE ALONE. NOW LEAVE." He shouted and threw everything on his desk to the floor. "Please leave." He whispered as he sat down.

I looked at him with my watery eyes and I could tell that he was crying as well. "Okay, I will leave but believe me nothing happened." I stood up, took a few unsteady steps. I wiped off my tears and walked out the door. He didn't say anything.

I unconciously walked outside. I didn't care where I was going. After about ten minutes, or thirty, I didn't know, I lost track of time, I found myself sitting on a bench next to an tall brick wall. I started to cry again. The pain didn't go away yet. I tried to convince myself that he just misunderstood and he was having a bad day.

"Naeun-ssi?" Sandeul's voice startle me. I blinked the tears away and looked up to the direction it came from. He approached slowly with my bag oh his side. "Are you okay? What happened?" He asked after sitting down next to me.

I sighed. "Yah, I'm fine. Why are you here?" I swallowed me tears inside and tried to sound that I was okay.

"Don't lie to me. I know that you're not. What did he do to you?" He asked. He saw right through me.

"Nothing to worry about." I said softly." Why are you here? Where is Soyoung?" I asked, my head was still down.

"Soyong-ssi is talking to the other boys to find out what happened. I was worried about you so I went to find you. What is wrong with that guy? You looked so shocked back there, in the cafeteria." He sounded worried and tired as well.

"Don't worry. I'm fine."

"You better be okay, because I'm about to go and beat up that guy." Sandeul said jokingly. 

I smiled. The way he said it was funny.

"I see that. You're smiling, aren't you? See, I'm good." He laughed and clapped proudly.

I couldn't help but laugh at his expression.

"Thanks. I feel much better now. You are such a good friend" I smiled at him.

"Okay, well, we better get going now. Lunch is almost over." He stood up and walked ahead.

I got up and walked behind him. Suddenly, Sandeul seemed to lost his balance and collapsed right in front of me. I started panicking as I realized that he didn't move at all.

"Sandeul. Sandeul-ah. Hey. This this not funny. Hey. Get up." I yelled and got down on my knees to shook him. He didn't move at all.

 

 

 


July 11, 2011

A/N" Hope you guys enjoy this fanfic as much as I do ^^