Chapter 1: Mr. and Ms. Perfect

Faithful

"Naeun, you got second again." Soyoung, my bestfriend, beamed as she looked at the school exam ranking. To be honest, I wasn't really surprised at the result. Now let me guess, JinYoung is first again.

"And Jinyoung is first. Look! You guys are seriously a perfect couple." Soyoung squealed after tracking down her name on the list. And of course, she's fifth. "Hey, I got fifth again." She beamed.

I smiled as I swung my arm around her shoulders. "Let's go get some cake after school. ChanYoon said that he has some new kinds of cakes." Yes, I love cake and so is Soyoung. We are BFF. I knew her since first grade and we have been getting the same classes for everything until now. She nodded as I mentioned cake.

"Naeun-ah." A fimiliar sweet voice called our from behind. Without even looking back, I already knew who that was. With a little tap on the shoulder, I smiled. I could smell his refreshing scent. I turned around and there he was so perfectly with his sweet smile. His eyes sparked with enthusiasm. 

"What make you so excting this time?" I smiled as I grabbed his hand with my other hand. I looked over to Soyoung, she was squealing quietly to herself.

"My mom invites you to her little birthday party at my house on Sunday." JinYoung beamed.

I was shocked. His mom was always the quiet and strict kind of woman. She doesn't really like to party and she never invites strangers to her house. 

JinJoung seemed to be able to read my face. He held tightly onto my hand and smiled encouragely at me. He was always so sweet. I smiled. Yes, he is perfect.

"Okay, I will be going now. See you later." He leaned over and kissed my cheek. I slightly blushed. He always did that whenever he says goodbye. "I will call you." He mouthed as he walked away to his car, where his driver was waiting.

I waved until his car went completely out of sight. I sighed and turned back to Soyoung.

"Why can't he stay?" She whined.

"Violin lesson." I sighed. "Wait. Why are you whining? Is there something going on?" I looked at her suspeciously. I was joking. I could never be able to bring myself to think that she likes JinYoung.

"Nothing." She slightly blushed as she turned around and acted like nothing happened.

I chuckled. I walked fast and linked my arm to her's. "Let's go get some cakes." I announced with my loud voice. We walked to my car, a black Mercedes Benz. Chunyun, my personal driver was waiting outside the car with his cigarette. He dropped his cigrette on the ground and stepped on  it as he saw us coming. He knows that I don't like people that smoke. He bowed as we approached. I narrowed my eyes. "I see that." I said jokingly with a smile.

"I know Miss, I will try." He bowed and said. Chunyun is a young man with a strong personality and really outgoing. He ran and opened the door for us. As always, I went in first and Soyoung followed behind.

After settling comfortably in the car, I told Chunyun to take us to the Bang Bakery, one of the most famous bakeries on Korea. My mom was one of the main sposorors so we always go there to eat cakes. They had many delicious cakes that Soyoung and I both loved to death.

Only about 30 minutes, we arrived. "It seems quiet crowded today,eh?" I turned to Soyoung as we watched girls entered and exited. "And what is with all the girls?" I chuckled. This bakery has always been popular among teen girls since ChanYoon is considered as a hot boy and he's the manager so no doubt that girls will always be around him. I smiled at that thought.

"They must be here for the new cake." Soyoung squealed excitedly as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me in.

"I doubt it." My eyes narrowed as I saw a unfimiliar face behind the counter. We pushed the door open, and as always we approached the rightside counter, where ChanYoon was at.

"You guys came. Welcome. Want to try our new cake, "Chocolate Goddess" ChanYoon beamed as he saw us. I looked at Soyoung, she nodded excitedly. I smiled and nodded as well. "Alrighty. Right this way." He led us to out usually seat along the glass window and next to the leftside counter. 

"Thanks." Soyoung beamed.

"As usually for drink?" ChanYoon pulled out his pen. He was always the one who serve us. He never allowed others to serve us. He said that he couldn't trust them. 

"I'm not feeling like having too many chocolate today, I will go with milk tea." I smiled at ChanYoon.

"The same for me please." Soyoung said after she wet her lips. Soyoung loves chocolate. She always had hot chocolate when we come here.

"Will be out in a minute." ChanYoon beamed as he walked away.

For some reason I couldn't take my eyes off the new guy. He has this sweet and bright smile that I seriously couldn't blame the girls for falling for him. Something about his gestures and expressions that are really atrractive. Oh, what the hell am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself.

"Hey, the new guy is cute." Soyoung poked my arm as she stared at him.

"I still prefer my JinYoung." I crossed my arms and smiled.

"What is that? I heard my name." JinYoung's voice came out from the back of me, which startled me. I spun around and there he was behind me smiling. "Hello!" He waved as he said in English. 

"How come you're here?" I asked, still shocked. "Aren't you suppose to be in violin lesson by now?"

He pulled a chair and sat next to me. "Mr.Song is sick. He will be back tomorrow." He said as he sulfed through the Menu.

"Oh, hey JinYoung. When did you come?" Soyoung just realized that JinYoung came. I chuckled at her expression when she turned around and saw JinYoung.

"Here you go, my ladies." ChanYoon came out with the cakes and drinks then set them down as he smiled cheekily. "Oh, hey JinYoung. I didn't see you there before." He turned to JinYoung. "What would you like for today?"

"Tiramisu and tea please." JinYoung said politely. He has always been the elegant and polite one.

"Will do." ChanYoon smiled and jogged back to the kitchen.

I turned to look at my cake It was beautiful. Totally goddess-like.

 butterfly_cake_chocolate1t.JPG

"WOW!!! This is so great." Soyoung exclaimed. She grabbed her fork and started to eat it right away. I smiled as I looked over to JinYoung.

"So, how do you know that I'm here to come." I took a sip out of my refreshing milk tea.

"Where else would you go when Bang Bakery has a new kind of cake?" He said as he grabbed my hand. He's so sweet, like always. That's why i loved him.

"Here's your tiramisu and tea." ChanYoon set the plate down gently and gave us his commercial smile.

"ChanYoon oppa. Who is that new guy?" I finally managed to ask him. I was dying of curiousity. I whispered to ChanYoon as I pointed at the new guy.

"Oh. Him. Wait up." ChanYoon gestured to wait. "Sandeul, I have someone to introduce you to," he called the new guy. Sandeul, eh?

The new guy ran over as soon as he broke free from the girls around him. 

"This is Miss Naeun, the daughter of one of our main sposorors." ChanYoon pointed at me. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I gave him a slight bow and a smile. "I'm Naeun. Nice to meet you." 

"I'm Sandeul." He said bluntly with a smile. What the? So not polite. I was disappointed but I pretended to ba happy and gave him a smile.

"This is Soyoung. Naeun's bestfriend. She's our regular customer." ChanYoon continued with his introdution.

"HELLO! I'M SOYOUNG. NICE TO MEET YOU." Soyoung literally shouted out in English. She was way too hyper. I don't blame her, she had too much chocolate in one day.

"Hi, I'm Sandeul. It's a pleasure to meet you." Sandeul said politely in English. I was surprised, his English was flawless. 

"And, last but definitely not least, JinYoung. He's the only son of the Jung family. His dad is the C.E.O of t a series of successful Jungwa hotels all over Asia." ChanYoon made JinYoung sounded like a king. Well, maybe because to us he is.

JinYoung didn't say anything but just offered a handshake. Sandeul looked at JinYoung and then to his hands but then refused the handshake. "I better get going. Will see you guys some other time." Sandeul said quick and then left.

I turned to JinYoung, he was obviously shocked. That made me wondered, why would  Sandeul do that? JinYoung was such a nice and friendly guy. 

Jerk. I concluded. That guy is definitely a jerk. No manner. I scoffed.

We spent the next hour talking about school and the birthday party tomorrow. JinYoung was obviously excited. But the more excited JinYoung got, the more worry I got. His mom is not a friendly lady. During the conversation, I had a feeling that someone was staring at me. That person was watching every step I moved. JinYoung noticed my expression, he asked why but I didn't tell him. I felt silly, thinking about silly things. After a while, he gave up and encouraged me with his sweetness.

 


 

July 3, 2011 

A/N: Hello there. Please feel free to leave some thoughts and feedback. ^^