Chapter 5: Fixing

Faithful

 

Suddenly, Sandeul seemed to lost his balance and collapsed right in front of me. I started panicking as I realized that he didn't move at all.

"Sandeul. Sandeul-ah. Hey. This this not funny. Hey. Get up." I cried out and got down on my knees to shook him. He didn't move at all.

After a moment of intense shaking, I decided to call for help. "HELP! ANYONE THERE?" I shouted as loud as I could, still holding Sandeul's head and laid them gently on my lap.

"Ah! Phone. Phone. Phone. Phone." I stutttered and got my phone out. "Soyoung-ah. Call, call, call- call the  nurse please. Sandeul... he... he fainted. Where... where are we? Uh..." I stuttered and then looked around, trying to figure out where we were. Iris bushes! "We're in the eastside garden. Hurry." I hung up as soon as I heard Soyoung calling for the nurse.

 

Soyoung, the nurse and JinYoung's friends came with a movable bed (like the one from the hospitals) after five minutes. How I was happy when I saw them! CNU helped carried Sandeul on the bed. We ran to the health office.

"Don't worry, Naeun. He will be fine." The nurse said after we got to the police office. She must had noticed that I was still shaking and I was about to cry. I was worried. It must be because of yesterday. I should have told him to stay. The nurse left and went inside to take a look at Sandeul. 

Soyoung came behind me and helped me sit down on the bench outside. Why does everything have to happen today? Why? I burried my face in my hands and soon realized that I was sobbing.

"Hey, hey. It's fine. He will be fine. Don't worry." Soyoung patted my shoulder, trying to comfort me. I leaned over and rested my head on her shoulder, seeking for a moment of peace. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. The tears from JinYoung's incident didn't have a chance to dry before the tears because of Sandeul flowed. Soyoung sat still.

After a while, the nurse went out. I stood up as soon as I saw her. "Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yes, he's fine. He just has a fever. I think that he collapsed from exhaustion from overworking. The fever hasn't went down yet. If it won't go down for the next hour, we might have to send him to the hospital for some overall check up." The nurse lookd at me, tried to calm me down.

I sighed. At least he's fine. "I can come in to look at him right?" I asked.

"Yes, of course." The nurse went passed me and gave me a comforting tap on my shoulder.

The bell rang. I looked back at Soyoung and told her to leave for class. "I will stay here for a while. Don't worry." I smiled, ensured her. She left after a few comforting words. She seemed to knew what happened between me and JinYoung.

I went inside the health office and found my way to the patients' room. I opened to door and there were about five beds, separated by curtains. The only one that was closed was the one on the far side, near the window. I walked slowly toward the last bed and opened to curtain.

I sighed as I saw Sandeul laying lifelessly on the bed with a seawater bottle on the stand next to him. His face was still pale. A white towel was placed on his forehead. There was a chair next to his bed. I made my way to the chair and sat down.

I stared at Sandeul for a while before managed to held his hand. His hand was cold. I held his hand up and put my other hand on top of it. I held it up to my mouth and sighed. His hand was so cold. I wanted to warm it up so I exhaled and let my warm breath warm his hand up. Uncontrolably, tears began to flow again. I held his hand up to my forehead since the tears were dropping on his hand.

The nurse came in after a few munites to check on his temperature. It went down. What a relief.

"He should be fine now." She looked at me and smiled. I nodded, relieved.

"Nurse. Someone is hurt." A boy called out from outside.

"I have to go now. Don't worry anymore okay?" She turned to me and said before leaving.

What a relief! I sighed as I looked at Sandeul. He cheeks began to get its color back and his hand was getting warmer as well. I smiled.

"I'm fine." JinYoung's voice was ringing in my head. I shook away to voice. "I'm fine. No need for that." I heard it again. But this time it was clearer.

"I'm telling you, Mr. Jung. You are bleeding a lot. It will leave scars if you don't get treatments." The nurse said, more like shouting.

Jin...JinYoung? I blinked. I went out to the main treatment office, where I heard the voice from. Blood? Bllood! I gasped as I saw JinYoung inside, sitting down with his hand bleeding.

"Op...oppa?" I walked inside, shocked. "What happened to you oppa?" I started to panic.

JinYoung shoot up as soon as he heard my voice. "Naeun?" His eyes widened.

"Oppa." I said with my fainted voice.

He rushed out the door and brushed me aside. "Oppa." I called out and ran after him. He began to run faster.

"Mr. Jung, Ms. Soo. Where are you guys going?" The nurse called out before we were out of sight.

I ran after him to the westside garden. I tripped over an old oak tree's root and fell. "Ah!" I let out a sharp scream as my knees hit the rough dirt floor. My knees started bleeding from the scratched the rocks created. At this point, I started to cry out. I cried like a lost little girl. With my hand full of dirt I wiped away my tears. Sobbings. Snifflings. How I wished JinYoung would come and say "You're not a little girl anymore. You crybaby." as he ruffled my hair lovingly. I cried even hard at that thought.

Suddenly, I felt that I was being lifted by something stong. I looked up and blinked away my tears and saw JinYoung. "You crybaby." He said without looking down at me. The feeling he gave gently but affectively brushed my pain away.

I smiled while tears were still streaming down nonstop. I leaned my head toward his chest and sighed softly. With him everything was so peaceful. The pain from me knees seemed to disappeared as long as I'm with him.

It was a long walk from the westside garden to the health office. It was like the other side of the school.

"How is your hand?" I said softly. He didn't reply. That was pretty much all we talked the whole way. The tears had dried away and replaced with happiness inside of me.

 

"What happened to her?" The nurse rushed over as soon as we entered the office. JinYoung sat me down on the bed across from the nurse, After seeing that I was fine. He walked out.

"Oppa. Wait. Don't leave." I called out and stood up but my legs were too weak so I eventually collapsed but luckily, the nurse caught me and led me back to the bed. He didn't look back.

"Wait. I have something to tell you." Sandeul came out of nowhere and grabbed Jinyoung's wrist. I blinked.

"What is it?" JInYoung turned back and said coldly to Sandeul, who was still weak and pale.

"Whatever you think happened between us are wrong. We are just friend." Sandeul explained. He seemed that he knew what happened to us as well. I sighed.

"I just think whatever I saw." JinYoung yanked his hand back.

"Well then, you thought wrong then. I just simply took her home since no one was there to take her home. You can ask Soyoung, we asked her for Naeun's address yesterday." Sandeul grabbed onto the door dued to the violent yank back from JinYoung.

JinYoung looked at me and then to Sandeul but didn't say anything.

"You can ask ChanYoon as well. He saw us yesterday as well. There is nothing between us." Sandeul looked at me and then at JinYoung.

"I saw this guy asked Naeun if she would like a ride home yesterday. She was looking all over for someone to take her home." The nurse said while applying medicine to my knees. I was so into this situation that I forgot the pain. We all turned and looked at her. "I was about to offer her a ride home but i had to go home because of  a family matter so I left. Naeun seemed shocked when this guy offered a ride home." She added.

"Naeun, you okay?" Sandeul asked as soon as he saw my bloody knees.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Anyway. That's all I have to say. It's up to you to decide." Sandeul backed up and walked back to the patients' room.

"Thank you." I mouthed to him as he walked by. He nodded.

I turned around to see JinYoung but he wasn't there anymore. I looked around to look for him but he was nowhere to be found.

 

 


July 12, 2011

A/N: I'm trying to update everyday, so... hope you guys like this chapter. ^^ I know. It's kind of dramatic. ^^