7

The Olympians: Rise of the Half-Bloods

"WHY THE HELL IS HE HERE?!" Chanyeol and Joonmyeon shouted simultaneously while pointing at each other.

Kyungsoo continued to study the map in his hands. "Because I need both of you. Simple as that."

Chanyeol jerked a thumb in Joonmyeon's direction. "You don't need that thing over there when you have me on your team. I'm all the manpower that you'll need."

"Well excuse you," Joonmyeon scoffed. "Need I remind you who has an undefeated record here at this camp, you buffoon."

Minseok put a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder and said, "Kyungsoo, are you sure it's a good idea to have those two on the same team? I mean, they aren't the best of friends."

"Well, those two are just going to have to deal with it."

Before they could protest any further, Kyungsoo motioned for Yixing and Kris to come to him. "I'm appointing you two as the leaders of this expedition. You two are the only ones who know their way around this part of the area, so it's up to you two to lead the way."

"What?! But, I'm way better leader material than Mr. I'm-a-lover-not-a-fighter and Twinkle Toes over here," Chanyeol whined.

"Twinkle Toes?" Kris muttered to Yixing who just shrugged in reply.

Joonmyeon who was about to complain as well was stopped when Kyungsoo raised his hand. "Look, you two are too hot-headed to be leaders. You react based off of impulse. If one of you were to be the leader, we would get nowhere because you would be constantly arguing. Plus, Yixing and Kris know their way around much better than any of us. They would be our best bet at finding the quickest route to Meadow Spring. We can't afford to waste anymore time with your bickering. So cut it out and be quiet for once," Kyungsoo snapped.

"Um, Kyungsoo," Luhan called out. "Why do you need Sehun and I to go? I mean, we aren't exactly the strongest guys out there. We would just be a burden to you."

"Because you two can control animal pheromones. You two can prevent any animals or monsters from attacking us. You're like our defensive mechanisms in the group. We just need these idiots over here just in case you two can't control them all," Kyungsoo explained.

Sehun nodded in understanding and put an arm around Luhan. "Hey, you know if you don't think you can handle it you can stay behind. They only really need one of us."

"No, I'm going if you're going."

"Hey Kyungsoo. What's going on? Are you guys going somewhere?" Jongdae asked as he approached the group with Baekhyun and Jongin by his side.

"Actually, yeah. We're about to leave right now," Kyungsoo responded, slinging his bag onto his shoulder.

Baekhyun scanned the group of boys who were gathered around Yixing and Kris. They were explaining the route that they would have to take and approximately how long it would take. "Where are you guys going?"

"Kyungsoo, we gotta go!" Kris called out.

"Ah, sorry guys. Can't talk anymore. I'll see you when I get back, okay?" Kyungsoo saluted and headed towards the group.

The three boys watched as the eight boys made their way out of the camp. Jongin started to walk in their direction. "Wait, Jongin. Where are you going?" Jongdae called out.

"Aren't you interested to find out where they're going?" Jongin said, picking up his pace. "Now come on before we lose them!"

Baekhyun let out a sigh. "This isn't going to end well," he muttered to Jongdae before the two of them ran to reach Jongin.

 

***

 

"Luhan, are you okay?" Sehun asked the petrified looking boy next to him. Luhan nodded in reply before pushing Sehun out of the way. A sharp gust of wind flew in between them and a screech was heard.

Chanyeol wiped the sweat off his forehead before dodging another attack. "Tch, damn harpies."

Not too long after they left the camp, the boys were attacked by a group of harpies. There were about six of them, but Minseok and Joonmyeon had managed to kill one of them. "Kyungsoo, behind you!"

Kyungsoo quickly turned around and smashed his fist into the harpies face, knocking her out cold. He nodded his head towards Yixing. "Thanks for the warning, man."

"No problem," Yixing replied before launching another bow and arrow at a harpie that was about to pounce on Sehun.

"How did Zeus already find out what we were doing?" Kris yelled over his shoulder to Yixing.

"How do you know that this attack was Zeus' doing?" Yixing asked as he grabbed Kris's arm and swung him around to kick a harpie in the face.

As he landed on the ground, Kris answered, "These harpies work for Zeus. They're like his hounds. They obey his every whim."

"Hey, I think we got them all!" Joonmyeon called out.

"Those harpies didn't stand a chance-" Chanyeol started, but was cut off when a sharp gust of wind blew past him, making a gash form on his right cheek.

The boys crouched, ready to move when the next attack would come. Just as the harpie was about to claim its victim, a bow pierced through its chest and it let out a high pitched shriek. They looked towards the direction the arrow came from and Zitao appeared from behind a tree. "You missed one," he said.

"Hey, thanks man. But, what are you doing here?" Yixing asked.

Zitao reached behind the tree and shoved three familiar looking boys onto the ground. "Following these idiots."

Jongin glared at Zitao. "Thanks alot," he muttered.

Zitao rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo crossed his arms and looked at each boy before asking, "What are you three doing here?"

"Oh, you know. We were just taking a stroll and-"

"It was Jongin's idea-"

"I told them it wasn't a good idea, but no one listens to me-"

The three boys spoke simultaneously before Kyungsoo cut them off. "I don't care whose idea it was. You three should know better than to leave the camp."

"We're sorry, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo turned to Yixing and Kris. "So now what do we do?"

Kris ran a hand through his hair and replied, "Well, we can't take them back. We don't have time."

"So, they're going to have to join us then," Yixing added.

"But, where are you guys going?" Jongdae asked.

Chanyeol turned to Yixing. "Should we tell them?"

Minseok slung an arm around Jongdae and Jongin. "Come on boys. We'll fill you in on the way there."

"Zitao, will you also be joining us?" Joonmyeon asked.

Zitao nodded his head and started to follow Minseok and the boys. Everyone started to walk away, but Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin's wrist and turned him around. "Why one earth would you guys follow us? This is too dangerous for you guys."

"We just wanted to know where you guys were going. We didn't know it would be dangerous. Besides, I know exactly what's going on. I overheard one of the guys talking about it. Don't give me that crap about the camp being safe because it's not. The camp is basically a giant bullseye for Zeus. All he has to do is take one of his lightning bolts and hit us with it and bam! We're goners."

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Jongin, you three aren't even in control of your powers yet. You haven't even learned the basics of fighting yet. Baekhyun doesn't even know who his parent is-"

"So, are you saying that we're just a burden to you?" Jongin snapped.

"No, it's not-"

"Because that's what it sounds like," Jongin said before yanking his wrist out of Kyungsoo's grip and jogging back to the group who was now very far ahead.

"You guys have no idea of how dangerous this is," Kyungsoo whispered to himself before he started walking.


omg i have no idea what i just wrote. but i needed to get the story moving along so if things don't make sense, sorry. pretty short chapter. I'll try and make the next one longer, I promise. School finally started up for me again. Man, it feels weird going back to school. I like my classes though. My professors are pretty cool and I made some new friends. If I don't update for awhile, it's because college murdered me. Okay, bye~