2

The Olympians: Rise of the Half-Bloods

It had been almost a week since Jongdae left home. He was worried sick about his grandmother. She must have been so angry at him for leaving the house without saying anything.

During the week, the carriage had made frequent stops and more people were piled into the small little carriage. There was about thirteen people altogether, not including himself. Boys and girls of different ages, sizes, and races were being picked up.

The boys that he had seen when he first came into the carriage introduced themselves as Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin.

Baekhyun was a strange, yet interesting character to Jongdae. Baekhyun was an only child at his home. He just turned nineteen this past May. He only had his mom who constantly overworked herself. 'She may seem bitter when you first talk to her, but she has the best intentions for you in mind,' Baekhyun had said. Whenever he talked about her, he had a huge smile on his face. He seemed to really care about his mother alot and would do whatever he could to be a perfect son for her. At school, he was the popular, outgoing type that had a large group of friends. Apparently, the day he was kidnapped by the mysterious man, he was thinking about confessing to the girl that he liked at school. This guy... he was very open and friendly. Easy to talk to. Jongdae liked this guy.

Kim Jongin, on the other hand, was quite the opposite of Baekhyun. He was quiet and did not talk much. Jongdae assumed that he was probably the more conservative type. He just sat there with a blank expression on his face until Baekhyun pestered him into telling them a little bit about himself. Jongin was also an only child and was only seventeen years old. His father left the family before Jongin was born. His mother married this terrible man when Jongin was around six years old. He would constanly beat him and his mother. Jongin worked at a small bookstore. Although it didn't pay much, it was a decent job. He was saving up as much as he could so that he could get him and his mother out of that house as soon as possible. The bookstore was just down the house so that if something was wrong, he could get home to help his mom.

Jongin released a loud sigh. "I don't even know why I just told you guys all that. I don't even like you two."

Baekhyun leaned in and whispered to Jongdae, "He's lying."

Jongdae looked at Baekhyun. "How do you know that?"

"I dunno. I can just tell," Baekhyun shrugged.

Jongin's gaze went towards Jongdae. "What about you? What's your story?"

"Me?" Jongdae asked pointing to himself.

Jongin rolled his eyes. "No, I'm talking to the person behind you."

Jongdae turned around to see who he was talking to, but there was only a wall behind him. "But there's no one behind me..."

"It's called sarcasm."

"Oh.." Jongdae said. "Well, my name is Kim Jongdae. I'm eighteen, turning nineteen next month. Uh...I live with my grandmother. I was homeschooled my whole life. And...that's about it."

Jongin raised an eyebrow. "That's it?"

"Well, yeah. I'm not an interesting person."

"You sound like a boring person," Jongin said as he leaned his back against the walll of the carriage. "You must not have many friends."

Jongdae looked down. "Actually, I don't have any," he responded quietly.

Baekhyun put an arm around Jongdae's shoulder and flashed him a cheeky smile. "Then we'll be your first friends. Right Jongin?"

"I didn't come here to make friends. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all. Did you guys forget that we were kidnapped by some random guy? Once this carriage stops, I'm getting the hell out of here," he said bitterly.

Just as he finished his sentence, the carriage came to a complete stop. The door to the carriage opened and the man dressed in all black ordered for everyone to get out. As they all climbed out of the carriage, Jongdae looked around. They were in the middle of what looked like a forest.

"Everyone, follow me," the man ordered. "And don't even think about running away. There are dangerous things out there in the forest. So, unless you wanna die, then follow me," he said looking in Jongin's direction.

He led them towards a small clearing in the forest where another man was standing. "Ahh, Yunho. Welcome back, my friend."

Yunho, the man that was dressed in all black, nodded his head at the man. "I brought you the third group, sir."

The man chuckled. "Sir? No need to be so formal, Yunho. Anyways," he looked at the group behind him. "Welcome! I sincerely apologize for my friend's methods of picking you up. I will give him a long lecture later on."

The man walked towards the group and smiled. "My name is Chiron and I am the one in charge of running this camp-"

"What camp?" a girl from the group asked.

Chiron looked at Yunho and raised an eyebrow. "You didn't clear the Mist?"

Yunho rolled his eyes. "I was just about to do it." He snapped his fingers and suddenly, a large camp materialized around them.

Everyone gasped and started muttering things like 'Woah" and 'How did he do that?'

Chiron cleared his throat. "As I was saying, I am in charge of this camp. Now, you all must be wondering why you are here. Well...I don't have a precise answer for you. We were ordered to go and collect you. But, you would have ended up here eventually. So, welcome to Camp Half-Blood!" Chiron clapped his hands together.

'Camp Half-Blood...why did that name sound so familiar?' Jongdae thought.

"Wait a minute. Are you talking about Camp Half-Blood...from the Percy Jackson book?" Jongdae asked Chiron.

Chiron looked surprised. "Well, yes. But, I didn't think that anyone from Korea would know about that book."

"But...isn't that book just fictional? Gods and mythological creatures don't exist. That's why they're called myths."

"Well, every story had to be inspired by something. That book was written by one of the campers here. Ricky came here when he was about 16 and wrote a book about everything that went on." Chiron responded.

"Woah woah woah wait a minute," Jongin said. "Gods? Myths? What the hell are you all talking about?"

"My friends, I must tell you that those 'myths' are in fact not myths. Those stories that you have heard about centaurs and Gods and sirens, all of them are true. In fact, I although I appear human at the moment, I am actually," Chiron snapped his fingers and began to transformed right in front of their eyes. "a centaur. Half man, half horse."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "No way."

"The truth is, you all are not just normal human beings. You are all special. You are all sons and daughters of the Gods. Demigods, to be precise," Chiron explained to the group. "It may be hard to believe at first, but there have been signs that made you different from eveyone else since you were born. Does anyone have any special...talents that they can do?"

Baekhyun slowly raised his hand. "Um...I can tell when people lie."

"Is there a little bell that goes off in your head or ears when people lie?" Chiron asked.

"Yeah."

"Excellent!" Chiron clapped. "That is a good sign. I think  I may have an idea of who your celestial parent may be."

Another boy in the back of the grous raised his hand. "I can make water move. Not a whole lot, but like, I can make swirls in the air."

"This is great. Your powers are growing just fine!"

"I don't believe any of this bull," Jongin scoffed. "Seriously? Magical powers. What the hell."

"Ahh. I have a feeling I know who your parent is as well. You see, not everyone has 'magical powers.' The things that make you stand out can be little things people would not notice, such as being extremely intelligent, advanced fighting skills, or enhanced personalitiy traits or emotions like anger." Chiron explained.

Jongdae couldn't believe what he was hearing. All of this was just too good to be true. Was he dreaming? That must be it. He must have fallen asleep while reading that book.

Chiron seemed to know exactly what Jongdae was thinking. "This is not a dream, my friends. This is your new home. Feel free to look around and talk to the other campers. If anyone needs me, I will be in my office which is right over there," he said as he pointed to a building on the far left.

As Chiron walked away, some of the people in their group decided to explore the camp and see things for themselves, leaving behind Jongdae, Baekhyun, ang Jongin. Two guys noticed the three lost looking boys and decided to walk over to where they were standing.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" one of the guys said.

"Joonmyeon, I think this is the fresh meat that Yunho brought in today," the other one smirked.

"Ah, so this is the new group? Well, we should introduce ourselves shouldn't we?" Joonmyeon replied. "My name is Kim Joonmyeon, the favorite son of Poseidon."

"And I am Kim Minseok, also the favorite son of Poseidon. Joonmyeon and I are brothers. We are the best warriors and most respected people in this camp!" the other announced.

"We are veterans of this place, so all you newbies have to listen to whatever we say, got it?" Joonmyeon smirked.

"Ha! How pathetic," a voice said from behind them. A taller guy walked up and put an arm around each of their shoulders. "You two are the only ones who think you're respected and liked. You guys aren't even skilled warriors. I'm a much better fighter than the both of you combined! My father said so himself," he said with his head held high. He pushed Joonmyeon and Minseok aside and stepped forward. "I am Park Chanyeol, son of Ares. Don't listen to whatever those two asshats say about anything. They're just jealous that I run this camp."

"You run this camp? I don't think so. Last time I checked, I kicked your sorry during the last tournament Park Chanyeol" Minseok sneered.

Chanyeol stormed towards Minseok and gritted his teeth. "What did you say?"

A pair of tall, blonde boys appeared on either side of Joonmyeon, who was just standing there watching his brother pick another fight with Chanyeol for the third time this week.

The one to Joonmyeon's right shook his head. "What arrogant little bastards. It's a good thing we are nothing like them, right Sehunnie?"

"I'd rather gouge my eyes out than even be mentioned in the same sentence as them Lu," the other boy responded while crossing his arms.

"That's really great coming from the pair of  twins," Joonmyeon retorted.

Sehun's eyes went dark. "What did you just call us?" Sehun shoved Joonmyeon to the ground and was about to attack him, but Luhan made his way to his brother's side and wrapped his arms around his brother's waist.

"Don't do it Sehun. They aren't worth it,' Luhan said into Sehun's back. That seemed to calm him down a bit.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol and Minseok pulled their swords out and were about to attack each other a voice yelled out, "ENOUGH!"

Everyone's eyes floated towards where the voice came from. Standing there was a rather vertically challenged, yet very fit boy. He had this radiating aura about him that made others want to listen and obey.

Joonmyeon got up from his position on the ground and ran towards the boy. "K-Kyungsoo...I can explain."

But, Kyungsoo ignored what Joonmyeon had to say. He walked past Chanyeol and Minseok as well, who were both in a 90 degree bow muttering 'Sorry Kyungsoo.'

Sehun and Luhan held each other's hand and lowered their eyes, not saying a word as Kyungsoo walked past.

He stopped just in front of Baekhyun, Jongin, and Jongdae and bowed. "I apologize for their behavior. These idiots over here," he gestured a thumb in their direction, "have a superiority complex."

"Hey!" The three yelled.

"Anyways, you must be the new guys. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. My name is Do Kyungsoo, son of Hephaestus."

Kyungsoo stuck out a hand and Baekhyun reached for it. "Byun Baekhyun, son of....actually, I don't know yet."

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Don't worry about that. We all came into the camp at one point not knowing who our parent was yet. You will find out soon. So, would you like a tour of the camp?"

"Sure," Jongdae replied.

"Cool, follow me." Kyungsoo led them over to a large building on the north side of the camp. "This is the cafeteria. We get meals three times a day. The food here is actually pretty good. We get food from all over the country to fit everyone's tastes since not everyone is from the same place. Are you guys from Korea?"

"Yeah we are," Baekhyun answered.

Kyungsoo's eyes lit up. "Oh, me too! It's nice having other Koreans here. There aren't many here, you know? All the guys you met earlier were from Korea or came from Korean descent. Anyways, moving on. That building over there is the arts and crafts room. The building next to that is the study room, so if you want to read a book somewhere quiet or anything you would go in there. Zitao is always in there, so if you see him you should say hi. He may seem kinda cold, but that guy isn't too bad. He's actually really caring."

Jongin, who had not spoken a word since they first arrived at the camp, pointed to a fenced area and asked, "What is that?"

Kyungsoo turned around to see where Jongin was pointing to. "Oh that? That, my friend, is our training area. It's where people get lessons on whatever weapon you want to learn. Every month we have tournaments to see how much we have improved, or at least that's how it's supposed to work. The three power hungry idiots you met earlier are very comptetitive. Chanyeol, Joonmyeon, and Minseok are skilled with the sword. Luhan and Sehun aren't very competitive and don't exactly like to fight, but they are skilled with throwing knives. And yours truly is skilled with everything, not that I'm bragging or anything."

"I'm gonna skip the rest of the tour and head on over there is you don't mind. See ya." Jongin called out as he jogged over to the training area.

Kyungsoo turned towards Baekhyun and Jongdae and said, "Well, looks like it's just the three of us now."

"I have a question," Jongdae started. "Earlier, Chiron said that we would end up here eventually. What did he mean by that?"

"Yeah, I've been kinda wondering about that too," Baekhyun agreed.

"Well, Chiron told you guys that you weren't any ordinary people, right? Like, you guys are demigods, like me. There are alot of, um, bad forces out there that don't like our kind. They're out to get us. So, we'd be safer here. Besides, once you reach a certain age and find out who your parent is, your full powers become intact. It's dangerous for us to be out there alone and confused when our full powers come into play. That's why Chiron created this camp for our kind. No one wants to go through something so drastic alone. Even though the Mist would cover up any suspicions over our kind out there, it's still safer to be here," Kyungsoo explained.

"Wow, you know alot about this place," Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo lowered his eyes and chuckled. "I have been here the longest, so yeah I guess I know alot. Well, me and this other guy named Yixing. You guys will meet him later. Let's continue with our tour, shall we?"

The boys headed over to a row of cabins that were all lined up. "These are the cabins that the campers sleep in. There is one cabin per family. By family, I mean your brothers and sisters that share the same celestial parent. Each of the cabins have a special design to them based off of which parent they have. Like how Zeus' cabin has thunderbolts on the outside, Athena's has owls, and so on."

Kyungsoo led them past each of the magnificent looking cabins. Some looked better than others, like the Aphrodite cabin that was covered in flowers and gold. When they reached the last one, they noticed it was completely empty. "This must be the Hades cabin.." Jongdae said to himself.

"Oh, yeah you're right. But, how did you know that?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I read a book that talked about this place."

"You mean the Percy Jackson book? You wanna know something cool? I met Percy in real life once. It was a long time ago though. I doubt he would remember me," Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun nudged Jongdae's side. "Dude, you gotta lend me that book sometime."

They stopped in front of a regular looking cabin. Nothing looked special about it. It wasn't all fancy or had any special symbols on it. That was the only normal looking thing about this place and it gave Jongdae a sense of comfort. "This is the unclaimed cabin. As you can probably tell, this is where the unclaimed kids stay until their parent claims them as theirs. This is where you guys will temporarily be staying. My cabin is the fourth one down from here, so if you need anything, I'll be there. You guys should go rest up before the campfire tonight. Everyone has to go to it. It's kinda like an orientation. So, I'll see you guys later," Kyungsoo saluted with two fingers and walked towards his cabin.

Baekhyun and Jongdae went inside and looked around. There were rows of bunk beds aligned on both sides of the cabin.

"This reminds me of the time I went to summer camp. You know, except for the part about finding out we're demigods and meeting a centaur," Baekhyun joked.

"I've never been camping before. Everything is so new to me. You know, I've never been outside of my room before. My grandmother would never let me out of the house. She said that the world is a dangerous place. She wanted to protect me. Maybe...Maybe this is why she never let me out. What if she knew what I was from the start? It just makes me think." Jongdae confessed.

"Well, I'm honored to be the person you spend alot of your firsts with. I can tell that we're gonna be really good friends Jongdae," Baekhyun said as he laid down on one of the bunks. "I think I'm gonna try and take a nap first before the campfire. We went through alot. We deserve to rest a bit."

Jongdae nodded. "Yeah, you're right."

Baekhyun rolled onto his side and looked at Jongdae. "And Jongdae, try not to think and worry too much about your grandmother and all this stuff. I'm sure she is just fine," he said with a smile.

Jongdae sighed, "I hope so..."


Wow, that was alot. I'm really excited about this story.. I've been planning this for months now, but had no idea how to start it. So if everything seems all jumbled up and confusing because I'm throwing a whole bunch of information out at you, let me know. I'll try and clear everything up!

So far, you've met Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Jongin who are still unclaimed by their celestial parent (one of the Gods).

Minseok and Joonmyeon are brothers in this story and they are the Sons of Poseidon.

Luhan and Sehun are twins in this story and you'll find out who their parent is very soon.

And last but not least, Chanyeol is the Son of Ares.

The rest of the characters will be introduced soon. Very very soon. So stay tuned and thanks for reading! :)

~LittleMissAi