6

The Olympians: Rise of the Half-Bloods

The next morning, Yunho returned to camp with another group of half-bloods only this time there was something strange. All of the campers in this particular group were extremely young children. The oldest one in the group didn't even look any older than seven years old. The youngest was probably at least two.

Chiron furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Yunho, what is the meaning of this?"

Yunho just shrugged. "I'm only in charge of rounding up the kids, no questions asked."

Almost all the kids in the group were crying or were on the verge of crying. "I want my mommy!" one of the little girls cried out.

"Aish, what's with all the noise? It's too early for this," a cranky Leo muttered while walking over to Chiron, who seemed to be deep in thought. His eyes widened a bit when he noticed all of the crying kids in front of him. "What's going on?"

Chiron cleared his throat. "Leo, these are the newest additions to Camp Half-Blood. I want you to be in charge of them and show them around while I go deal with something, alright?"

Leo nodded and watched Chiron walk towards his office. One of the young boys went up to Leo and said, "Who are you?"

"I-I'm Leo."

"Well, Leo. I want to go home. Show me how to get out of here, now."

"I can't."

The boy's eyes looked angry and upset. "Whaddaya mean you can't?"

Sensing the attitude in the boy's voice, Leo straightened up and answered, "I mean that you can't leave. Once you're here, you're here forever."

Leo felt a tug on his sleeve and saw a little girl with short, black hair and puffy red eyes from crying. "So, no more daddy for Sieun?"

He shook his head and the little girl, Sieun, wrapped her arms around Leo's waist and started to cry again.

Out of all the kids, only two of them weren't crying. One was the boy standing in front of him that was fuming with anger, and the other was a little girl who was standing at the back of the group staring off into space.

Turning his attention back to the boy in front of him, he asked, "What's your name?"

"Cho Kyungsan."

"And how old are you, Kyungsan?"

"I just turned seven."

Leo nodded once. "You seem to be the oldest one in this group so you're gonna help me, got it?"

Kyungsan crossed his arms. "And if I don't?"

"Well, it's not like I'm gonna tell your mom on you," Leo scoffed. He immediately regretted saying that when he noticed the look on Kyungsan's face darkened. He reached out and put a hand on Kyungsan's shoulder. "Look, it's gonna be hard. Really hard. But, this is your new home now. If you like it or not, you're stuck here with me and the rest of the kids that got taken away from their families. You would've ended up here anyways because the truth is, you're not a normal kid."

"I know I'm not," Kyungsan replied.

"You know?" Leo asked.

Kyungsan nodded and noticed a puddle of water nearby. "Watch." He pointed his finger at the puddle of water and started to make circular motions. The water from the small puddle began to raise up from the ground and formed a spiral. He moved his finger down, causing the water to splash back onto the ground. "I know I'm not normal. I know about this place and what everything is. I just...I just don't wanna be here. I wanna go home and pretend to be normal again."

"I'm sorry, but you can't."

The boy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I guess I have no choice, huh," he muttered to himself. "If I'm stuck here then fine. I'll help. What do I have to do?"

Leo gave a small smile. "You can help me get all these kids to stop crying."

"Psh, piece of cake." Kyungsan turned around to face all the kids. "Everybody SHUT UP!" Kyungsan yelled.

The kids automatically became silent at once. They looked at the two boys standing in front of them with wide, puffy red eyes. Leo shook his head. "You didn't have to scare them," he scoffed.

One by one, Leo and Kyungsan went around the group trying to learn everyone's names and explaining why they were here. Some of them understood more than others.

As suspected, Leo and Kyungsan were the oldest ones in the group being eight and seven respectively.

Then came Jung Eunsol, Nam Hyunwoo, and Yoon Dayoung (the girl that didn't cry earlier) who were six.

The only five year old was Lauren Hanna Lunde who came from Canada.

Lee Jeongmin, Hwang Sieun, Park Rahee, Jung Yoogeun, and the Moon triplets - Mason, Mavin, and Maden were only four years old.

The youngest out of the group was a little boy - Kim Kyumin. He was only two years old.

"Until you guys figure out who your parent is, Kyungsan and I will be in charge of taking care of you," Leo announced to the group as he led them towards the cabin where they would be staying. When they reached the cabin he continued, "This is where we're gonna sleep. So go in and find a bed. You too, Kyungsan."

All the kids piled into the cabin except for a girl, Yoon Dayoung. Instead, she walked up to Leo. "So, we're never going home?" she asked in a quiet voice.

Leo shook his head. Tears that she had been holding back this entire time were threatening to fall, so Leo hugged her and patted her back. She started to quietly sob. "Shh...it'll be okay. I'll take care of you," Leo whispered.

 

***

 

Chiron was pacing back and forth in his office, glancing up at the clock from time to time. Where is he? He should be here already.

Moments later, the door to his office opened and a tall man with blonde hair appeared. "Sorry, I'm late."

"It's alright, Kris. Just please, tell me you have some news."

Kris walked over to one of the chairs in front of Chiron's desk and sighed. "It's not looking good up there, Chiron. After the Great Oracle announced the prophecy, they all went crazy blaming each other for being at fault."

"Did you hear anything at all though regarding the rapid increase of campers? It's ridiculous how many there are right now. If this keeps up, we aren't going to have enough room for all of them. The newest batch just came in today and they were all kids, Kris. Not confused teenagers, but little kids."

"I...actually did hear something," Kris said quietly. Chiron looked at him and raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue. Kirs hesitated before continuing. "Zeus...has been planning something. He...he wants to gather all the half-bloods here at this camp. All of them. And once they're all here..." Kris made a slitting motion across his neck.

Chiron's eyes widened in shock. "He's planning to kill all of them?!"

Kris only nodded in reply.

"But they're only kids! They haven't done anything wrong."

"They're just worried. They don't want anything to happen to themselves. Their power over us is at stake," Kris explained.

"But to resort to this? This is murder. This goes against everything that they fought for in the first place!"

Kris shook his head. "There isn't anything we can do to stop them from doing what they want."

Silence.

"Well, there is one way."

Kris and Chiron's heads snapped up to see Kyungsoo leaning against the doorway to Chiron's office. "Kyungsoo..." Chiron started, but was cut off.

"There's an old legend about one magical item so powerful that it can actually harm the gods. If we can find this item, then our safety won't be at stake anymore," Kyungsoo stated.

Kris crossed his arms and replied, "But, it's just an old legend. How do we know if that magical item actually exists? And even if it does, what are the chances of us finding it before Zeus kills us all off?"

"Well, do you have any other ideas?" Kyungsoo asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms as well.

To this, Kris remained silent. "Exactly," Kyungsoo said, turning to Chiron. "We don't have a choice. Legend or not, we should still try looking for it. It's our only shot."

Chiron paused a moment before nodding in agreement. "You're right. Zeus has gone too far this time. It's time to put an end to his power-crazed reign." Chiron took a seat at his desk and continued, "Kyungsoo, I want you to gather who you think you will need on this journey to find this magical item."

Kyungsoo nodded and turned to Kris. "Even though you don't believe in its existence, I want you to come with me. Your navigation skills will come in handy."

Kris let out a sigh. "I can't believe I'm doing this, but fine. Count me in."

"Great. Gather everyone and everything you will need tonight. You guys will be setting out tomorrow morning. We can't afford to waste anymore time." Chiron pulled out a map and laid it on his desk. "You guys will have to head north from this camp until you reach Meadow Spring. This is where the Muses are. They will tell you the location of the magical item, if it indeed exists." He rolled the map up and handed it to Kris. "I am entrusting the lives of all the campers, no, all the half bloods in your hands. I know you won't fail me."


And the journey is about to begin. Yes, I had to put the Hello Baby kids in there because they're just so darn cute. Little baby Kyungsan from season 1 of SNSD's Hello Baby isn't such a small baby anymore. Him and Leo are in charge of keeping all the kids at the camp safe. Kris and Kyungsoo are about to assemble their team and set off on a journey to find a possibly non-existent magical item that will determine whether or not our heroes will live.

I'm so happy right now because I reached 20 subscribers. That's like a huge deal for me. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for you guys. And now I'm not stuck with writer's block anymore so you can be expecting more updates soon :)

Btw, I never read over what I write. So, if there's alot of mistakes, please forgive me.