3

The Olympians: Rise of the Half-Bloods

Everyone gathered around the campfire in the center of the camp. Baekhyun and Jongdae were looking around trying to find a place to sit.

"Baekhyun! Jongdae! Over here!" Kyungsoo called out to the two boys. They made their way over to where Kyungsoo was and took a seat next to him. "Hey guys, how are you adjusting?"

"Well, we just ended up taking a quick nap before coming to the campfire. So, we didn't really get a chance to explore for ourselves after the tour you gave us," Jongdae explained.

"Oh, I see. Well, I really hope you guys will like it here. This is like my home. Well, our home. Which means we're like brothers now. So, you guys can call me Kyungsoo, no honorifics or anything. I'm not a big fan of that."

A little girl who looked around twelve years old skipped up to Kyungsoo and held out a piece of paper. "Oppa! Look what Lauren made for you in arts and crafts today!"

The little paper she was holding out had a drawing of both her and Kyungsoo surrounded by a large heart. At the bottom of the paper were the words 'Lauren loves Oppa'.

Kyungsoo smiled and patted her head. "I love it Lauren. May I keep it?"

The little girl's eyes lit up. She gave a huge, blinding smile that could light up any room and said, "Of course Oppa can!" The little girl ran off to where her friends were sitting.

Kyungsoo chuckled. "That was Lauren Hanna Lunde. She's the youngest here at the camp and barely got claimed as one of the daughters of Aphrodite last month; came here when she was four years old from Paris. I taught her a little bit of Korean, so now she calls me Oppa. I practically raised the kid," he said with a nostalgic smile. "She's growing up so fast."

Baekhyun spoke up. "How long have you been here anyway? Were you forced to come here too?"

The expression on Kyungsoo's face darkened. His gaze shifted towards the fire without saying a word. Jongdae could tell that this was a sensitive topic for him, so he put a hand on his back and smiled. "Hey, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to. It's alright."

Kyungsoo nodded, but didn't say anything.

Chiron walked to the front and cleared his throat. "Attention campers! As you all know, we have some newcomers here today. I hope that you all will take the time and get to know them and welcome them the way we welcomed you when you first came.

"Tonight is a special night because we have a special person here with us today. He left on a journey a couple months ago on a quest to map out the rest of the uncharted Mahogany Forest. So, let's give a warm welcome back to Yixing!"

The crowd of campers began to applaud as a man walked up to the front and stood next to Chiron. "Thank you Chiron, you are much too kind," he said with a shy smile.

Kyungsoo's face lit up at the mention of his friend's name. He nudged Jongdae and whispered, "That's my friend Yixing, the one I told you about earlier." He turned his attention towards the front and cupped his hands, "Hey Yixing!" Kyungsoo called out.

Yixing fixed his attention towards his friend and gave a wide smile that showed off his dimples. He jogged over to where they were seated and gave Kyungsoo a hug. "Kyungsoo! It's been awhile."

"We missed you, man. Camp isn't the same without you here."

Yixing laughed. "I asked you to come with me!"

"But if I went, who would keep these kids under control? You know how often the Ares and Poseidon cabins get into fights with each other," Kyungsoo explained.

"You're right. I forgot, you're the reason that this camp isn't engulfed in flames or flooded or anything." Yixing noticed the two boys who were seated next to Kyungsoo. "Hey Kyung, who are these two?"

"Oh right! Yixing, these two are Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae. They just got here today with a few other kids," he said. Kyungsoo then put an arm around Yixing's neck and said to the two boys, "And this, my friends, is Zhang Yixing, son of Apollo and my best friend here at this camp."

Yixing smiled and stuck a hand out to Jongdae. "It's very nice to meet you. I hope you guys like it here at camp."

Jongdae took the hand and nodded.

Baekhyun looked around and noticed a boy sitting alone far away from everyone else. He nudged Jongdae's side, making his attention shift from Yixing to Baekhyun. "What?"

Baekhyun jerked his head towards the boy's direction. "He's all by himself. Let's go sit with him, yeah?"

The four boys made their way over to where the lonely boy was and sat down. Kyungsoo ruffled the boy's hair. "Hey Leo, what's up buddy?"

The boy, Leo, looked up and raised an eyebrow. "Oh, hi. What are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be with the others?" 

"Well, they aren't really talking about anything we haven't heard before, Leo. Besides, we wanted to introduce you to some new friends of ours." Kyungsoo gestured over to Baekhyun and Jongdae. "This is Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae. They're both new to the camp and haven't been claimed yet."

"This is my brother, William Recipon, son of Apollo." Yixing introduced.

Leo bowed towards the two and said, "You can call me Leo."

Jongdae looked from Yixing to Leo and back to Yixing. "You guys don't look like brothers," he stated.

"Well, we're half-brothers," Leo explained.

And that's when a lightbulb went off in Jongdae's brain. "Oh, because you're both sons of Apollo, right?"

Leo nodded. Everyone began to laugh as Baekhyun grabbed Leo and began to pinch his cheeks. "Aigoo, you're so cuuuute."

The whole camp grew silent when a bright late emenated from the sky. It was like a giant spotlight was being shone down from the heavens and landed on none other than Kim Jongin. Jongin stood up quickly, confused on what was going on. His right palm began to glow a fiery red as a symbol began to appear. And just as sudden as the light appeared, it vanished just as quickly. Murmurs were heard throughout the camp as Chiron made his way over to Jongin, who was still staring at his right palm. A circle with an arrow coming out of the northeast side had etched itself into the palm of his hand. "Well, well, well, looks like my suspicions were right. Kim Jongin, you have officially been claimed as one of the sons of Ares," Chiron announced aloud.

Chanyeol's ears perked up at Chiron's announcement and made his way over to the front with the rest of the Ares cabin trailing not too far behind him. "Kim Jongin, welcome to the family," Chanyeol smirked as he wrapped an arm around Jongin's shoulder. "Come on, I'll show you our cabin." The whole Ares cabin began to walk away from the campfire and towards their cabin.

Chiron clasped his hands together and turned towards the crowd. "Well, it's getting late. You should all head back to your cabins now."

Baekhyun and Jongdae bade goodbye to Kyungsoo and Yixing and headed back towards their cabin. "Hey, Jongdae. Do you think we'll get claimed anytime soon?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hmm..I'm not sure."

Baekhyun put his arms behind his head and responded, "I sure do hope so. I wanna know who my parent is already. The anticipation is killing me!"

"I agree. But, at the same time I kinda like not knowing. Cause what if you're disappointed in the end? You're parent isn't who you wanted it to be. Like, I bet Jongin wasn't expecting to be a son of Ares."

"I wonder if I'm a son of Zeus. That would be aweome, right? I could make thunderbolts come out of my fingers, like this!" Baekhyun pointed his finger towards Jongdae. "ZAP! Ooh, I just fried you with my zappy powers and now you will forever have a bad hair day!"

The two boys laughed the entire way back to their cabin, just happily zapping each other and whatever came into their paths, before going to bed.

A rustling noise came from one of the trees in the forest near the camp.

Enjoy it while you can, Chosen One. Your time is coming very soon.


I honestly hate the way I write. Oh well. I hope you liked the chapter!

Quick recap: Today we met Zhang Yixing and Leo Recipon, sons of Apollo and Lauren Lunde, daughter of Aphrodite.

Yeah, that's right. I can include Hello Baby people if I want to.

Who was the person hiding in the tree? When will you find out who Jongdae and Baekhyun's parent is? When will Kris and Tao finally be introduced in ths story?

I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out.   ~LittleMissAi

HAPPY HALLOWEEN KIDDOS!